Who is tired of the COVID threads on TOTV?

View Poll Results: Who is tired of the COVID threads on TOTV?
I am, Please Stop 65 58.56%
Keep them coming 46 41.44%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Who is TIRED of all the COVID/Mask/Vaccination threads on TOTV?

Moderators, PLEASE STOP THEM……
When will you be posting the list of approved subjects?
Old 01-14-2022, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

For someone who hates them you just posted another one.

You do know that just because they are posted you don’t have to read them or reply to them, problem solved.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:33 AM

brainwashing is more interesting
Old 01-14-2022, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

I think it's the National weather service that names storms etc . Not the chanel!
Old 01-14-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I find it interesting that folks that do not like something wish to ban them from others. It was fine for those that believed that masks should be mandated as well as vaccination for everyone. If you think that folks are too stupid to make decisions for themselves, they should not be allowed to decide. The decision should be taken away from them. So much for freedom.
I enjoy reading the covid posts because we have a couple of medical professionals that separate the myth from the facts. For some reason, unlike others on here, my computer allows me to skip the threads I do not wish to read. Funny about that.
The problem is, as I see it, all these medical professionals keep trying to hit a moving target. This is how Flip Flop Fauci got his name. I just wish they would add a disclaimer when making statements regarding Covid. For example, "WITH THE PRESENT KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE, we believe that getting the vaccine will eliminate the need to wear a mask. HOWEVER, that may change as we learn more about this virus". All said IMHO.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:52 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I find it interesting that folks that do not like something wish to ban them from others. It was fine for those that believed that masks should be mandated as well as vaccination for everyone. If you think that folks are too stupid to make decisions for themselves, they should not be allowed to decide. The decision should be taken away from them. So much for freedom.
I enjoy reading the covid posts because we have a couple of medical professionals that separate the myth from the facts. For some reason, unlike others on here, my computer allows me to skip the threads I do not wish to read. Funny about that.
Nail it
Old 01-14-2022, 07:41 AM
Default Not Tired

I am not tired as I got a good nights sleep - thanks for asking.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:42 AM

I hear you spelled here wrong 😀
Old 01-14-2022, 08:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adagio43 View Post
When will you be posting the list of approved subjects?
My point isn’t to restrict 1A rights, its not to be the thought police - it’s to keep TALK OF THE VILLAGES about The VIllages.

Here’s a list of approved subjects - Entertainment reviews, trades people recommendations, restaurant experiences, quality of golf courses, cracks in lanai ceilings, how good the drivers are around the circles, the flowers to put into the common area, turnpike noise, how great/bad is Southern Oaks, getting passed by someone doing 24 in a golf cart, etc.
Ask where in TV you can find rapid home COVID tests, that is Villages related.

Whether you like it or not, COVID is political - every thread goes down that road. It’s where people get nasty. I agree, I don’t read the COVID threads anymore, but there are so many, I find I don’t come to TOTV nearly as much as I used to.

We don’t have threads about enlarged prostates, glaucoma, etc. unless its to recommend a doctor near by.

There’s not a thread about the singer at Redsauce in the “Medical Discussion of Central Florida forum.”
When I am in a forum about SEC football, I read about football, not COVID.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
My point isn’t to restrict 1A rights, its not to be the thought police - it’s to keep TALK OF THE VILLAGES about The VIllages.

Here’s a list of approved subjects - Entertainment reviews, trades people recommendations, restaurant experiences, quality of golf courses, cracks in lanai ceilings, how good the drivers are around the circles, the flowers to put into the common area, turnpike noise, how great/bad is Southern Oaks, getting passed by someone doing 24 in a golf cart, etc.
Ask where in TV you can find rapid home COVID tests, that is Villages related.

Whether you like it or not, COVID is political - every thread goes down that road. It’s where people get nasty. I agree, I don’t read the COVID threads anymore, but there are so many, I find I don’t come to TOTV nearly as much as I used to.

We don’t have threads about enlarged prostates, glaucoma, etc. unless its to recommend a doctor near by.

There’s not a thread about the singer at Redsauce in the “Medical Discussion of Central Florida forum.”
When I am in a forum about SEC football, I read about football, not COVID.
Have you seen the forum titled "Non-Villages discussion"?????
Old 01-14-2022, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Hey!

Quote:

Here’s a list of approved subjects - Entertainment reviews, trades people recommendations, restaurant experiences, quality of golf courses, cracks in lanai ceilings, how good the drivers are around the circles, the flowers to put into the common area, turnpike noise, how great/bad is Southern Oaks, getting passed by someone doing 24 in a golf cart, etc. .
Hey, you left "dog poop" off your list of approved topics. Are you trying to bend us to your will?

Sorry, haven't had my second cuppa "Joe" yet. 😋
Old 01-14-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
I am more tired of Covid continuing to spread and mutate. Did you know that Covid can not replicate (multiply) if it is not inside a human or other animal cell? It can not multiply on surfaces or in the air. Did you also know that it cannot mutate into a different variant if it is not replicating.
So…kill all those who test positive?🤣
Old 01-14-2022, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
So…kill all those who test positive?🤣
And then we can identify and kill all the animal reservoirs???
Old 01-14-2022, 08:42 AM

Tired of covid. Not tired of being informed.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

You can just bypass them ! But of course you know that !!

Then you can occupy your time reading the “dog poop in my yard” threads or “when will Costco come to The Villages “ threads !! 😱
Closed Thread

Tags
tired, threads, totv, covid, covid/mask/vaccination

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.