Who Is the Ultimate Authority of the Recreation Department?

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2023, 05:37 AM
Platinum member
Default Mata hari redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie shooter View Post
i was just wondering why?
a verbal assault on the id'd powers to be
Old 03-23-2023, 07:31 AM

Attend the monthly CDD Presentation - very informative.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
as is your right.

Wonder away.
I love this thread. OP asks a question with no real context. Several helpful people reply trying to give the requested info which is publicly available. OP gives terse followup questions showing they did nothing to help themselves and criticize the responses. Then someone posts an innocuous question about context to all of this, and gets a snarky response from the OP. SMH.
Old 03-23-2023, 12:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post
I love this thread. OP asks a question with no real context. Several helpful people reply trying to give the requested info which is publicly available. OP gives terse followup questions showing they did nothing to help themselves and criticize the responses. Then someone posts an innocuous question about context to all of this, and gets a snarky response from the OP. SMH.
Actually, it was the opposite of snarky. "Wonder away" - what a great way of saying MYOB. Asking a question does not require an explanation of why the question is being asked.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,684 Times in 972 Posts

Quote:
You are my hero.

Thank you. Exactly the information I was looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post

I guess I wasn't as effusive in my gratitude as I should have been.
Actually, once Papa-lecki gave me an answer, and a link, I did go back to the districtgov.org site and found how I could have found it if I'd known where to look. It was nice of Papa-lecki to give me that information and save me the time, trouble, and potential aggravation for looking for something that I wasn't even aware existed.

As far as my response to the question about context, I suppose if I were asking for advice on who to see for marriage counseling, I should be prepared to answer questions about "the context".
If I wanted opinions about the context, I'd have started a thread about it. Simply, not what I was after.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Veteran member
Default Wow

Quote:
I hate to be dense, but is there an answer to my question in there?
"All district government employees are employees of the Village Center CDD." Are all district government employees (of all the districts?) employees of the VCCDD?

As I described in the OP, and you repeated, the amenities themselves are owned by 3 separate entities, yet there is only one "Director of Recreation"...so, who appoints him?
If this ain't politics I don't know what is. It's all way above my pay grade or brain grade, and I'm sure that is exactly what's intended. Don't question just write the damn check

Tags
department, owned, recreation, amenities, district

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.