Who to use for termite treatment

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 10-16-2020, 07:18 PM
Default Who to use for termite treatment

It is time for our 10 year termite treatment. The former owner of our home had a contract with Massey. We have use them for the last three years to do our regular pest control. I am wondering if there are other companies out there that offer the same service at a competitive rate. The cost for the 10 year application is $399.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

I am suspecting that you will not get by with a $399 payment for the 10 years. That will likely be with a requirement to pay an additional amount of $100 to 150 per year.

That being said, you can find many threads regarding this subject. I personally believe that I simply pay the $150 as an insurance policy. I have asked in the past , if anyone has had Termite problems in The Villages. Never got a positive answer on that but did get comments regarding people who had problems elsewhere.

For the $399 we got bait stations. Massey checks once per year as to whether termites have encountered them. There was no further treatment after 10 years. 4 years of bait station inspection has shown no activity.

Could probably have installed and inspected myself for far less but then "no insurance policy".

Personally , I believe Massey and others are using us as cash cows.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 1,286 Times in 424 Posts

I do my own treatments, this us a huge scam here in TV

Tags
year, treatment, termite, wondering, companies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.