Who Used The Villages Relo to move?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Sage
Default Who Used The Villages Relo to move?

Who did you ultimately use?

Why?

Your final thoughts?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM

We used The Villages' services. Our agent's assistant made arrangements for us to interview three local realitors in our area. Once the realitor was chosen and the house was on the market, we were contacted by an outfit called Suddath. They (Jean George) made arrangements for the movers. We interviewed two. We chose to pack most of our own stuff to be sure it was done properly, in our own minds anyway.
Were we happy with the outcome? Very much so. Considering that we sold, bought and moved a 1000 miles within 60 days all of The Village people (nothing intended here) were constantly in touch making sure everything was to our liking. Even after the movers unloaded, Ms George was at our home to make sure we were happy. Suddath even made arrangements to take our used boxes and bubble wrap.
Would I use the relocation service again? Only if they can neatly put me into an urn because contrary to the three move rule, I'm here for the duration!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Location: Currently in New Freedom PA. 2012, A Village of Sanibel resident

I would have tried them, but no one ever called us from the RELO office. I just called my local realtor.

Good Luck
Old 01-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I also used The Villages Relocation Services. They recommended three realtors in my area all of which I met with. I also met with two local realtors. I went with one of the realtors the relocation department recommended and she did a fantastic job. I was able to sell my house three months and three days later!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Sage
Default Yes but.....

What company did you decide to go with and why?

I have three companies coming out. I have an estimate from one and will get the other two tomorrow. Did you go with the cheapest? What impressed you about the different companies.

The three I am dealing with are:
Atlas
Mayflower
United
Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Veteran member

I used them 3 years ago.

They sent us a couple of national Realtors and we signed a 6 month contract with REMAX. After the contract ran out, we sold our house as a FSBO about 6 months after that.

Then they sent us a couple of mover quotes from agents in TV. They both seemed high so we contacted Bekins and got a quote that was about $2,000 cheaper.

The Relocation office was helpful in getting us a temporary rental in TV.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Veteran member

I did not use them for a couple of reasons. I wanted to use a specific realtor who was tops in our market. He earned his commission. As for moving companies, I contacted a guy I know and told him of the “deal” we could get from Villages Relocation and he came in much lower. Simple.
Oh, and I think we used Allied.

Last edited by Number 6; 01-05-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:27 AM

We have used all three moving companies as we have had to relocate several times with my husbands job. We never had any isues with any of them. When we come to TV next week we will use United. They were a little less expensive on the quote, always responded to our questions promptly and they fit our time line for delivery to TV.

Hope to see you in TV!
Shel
Old 01-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Sage

Over the years we've moved with the big national van lines companies and also with local, family-owned movers.

The local, owner-operated companies have done a superior job because they are known in the community and they want their business reputation to shine. We like the fact that the local owner-operator employs men to pack and move who live in the community and the owner knows them and their background.

I'd ask around town where you are now, to find out who's the best local owner-operated moving company.....then contact them and see if they'll haul to Florida. Chances are, they will. Our local mover in the midwest knew ALL about TV and had moved people here many times.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Platinum member

Now that I'm within 3 weeks of the 7th anniversary of my closing here in TV, I'm conscious of the fact that much of what I relate about my experiences in building, moving, etc., will be viewed as, "What does that old fossil know about today?"

And, you know what, I'm pretty sure that almost everything today is different!

Still, the question was about using TV's Re-Lo services. I gladly used them, and chose from 2 realtors whose company was of good reputation to help me sell. When it came to actually moving, the companies recommended were, again, well respected in town; it became a matter of which gave me the best price and the most comfort that they'd treat my stuff with respect.

In the end, the movers were Allied and the two guys who loaded up north were the same who unloaded here. The "boss" was probably 300 pounds and Mr. 5 X 5. His helper, who, of couse did virtually all the heavy stuff, probably weighed 100 pounds and would have blown away in a 5mph breeze! They were a delightful pair and did, indeed, treat me and my stuff with great respect and care!

I hope that all you new folks have a stressless an experience as I did, al that long time ago!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.