Why bash Comcast for today's outage?

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2019, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Comcast used to require you to stay home all day waiting for a repair guy. People didn't like it, so now they provide a 2 hour service window. Much better, and they don't charge extra.
LOL. 2 out of 2 times I was "stood up" by their 2 hr window so they gave me $20 credit twice. I would have preferred they be on time and keep the $20. They were "only" 5hrs late. This is for ComCrap --->
But to stay on topic, I got notification by text "my service is restored" at 1PM today ~20 hrs after it actually was restored. This is still for ComCrap ---> At least I can't blame them for the outage!

Old 06-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,414 Times in 5,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Cut it out. Everyone who works, works hard. People are at risk with no Internet Service and Wi-Fi for Their Cell Phones & Home Phones. Accepting anything other than perfection from a COMMUNICATION COMPANY WHO CAN'T COMMUNICATE IS HORRENDOUS. Especially a company of their Magnitude. It's just terrible that there was no other way to make people whole immediately.

Don't tell me about the money tell me about THE SERVICE. I'll bet you people who could call Lit Up The Spectrum Telephone Lines Today.

They didn't create the problem but like when a light flickers in your house when something goes wrong it reroutes the service to you another way. It should be the same with Comcast.

Seco, a mistake? Bull! Digging without approval? Or an approval without an inspector or rushing is outta line. I hope they get fined up the Ying-Yang! That'll Learn 'Em! A $$ Whopper $$ outta their bottom line that comes from the Executives Bonuses and doesn't get passed on to anyone living here. WAKE UP! We are the customers and should accept NOTHING but Perfection.
I agree. But, most people on this thread seem to want to excuse Comcast for leaving hundreds of customers without service for an entire day. And, this was not a weather event. It was the result of Comcast's failure to anticipate someone accidentally cutting their cable. I hope they make some changes.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
LOL. 2 out of 2 times I was "stood up" by their 2 hr window so they gave me $20 credit twice. I would have preferred they be on time and keep the $20. They were only 5hrs late. This is for ComCrap --->
But to stay on topic, I got notification by text "my service is restored" at 1PM today ~20 hrs after it actually was restored. This is still for ComCrap ---> At least I can't blame them for the outage!

Respectfully EdFNJ my friend I disagree. They should never let their Valued Customers be treated this way, Barring, God forbid a Natural Disaster. Accepting this from them just lets it continue. This is a sin. It doesn't fall under the Heading of S#&t happens. They boast about technology. Show us all and stop this bad treatment.

$20 for waiting. You know what they could do with the $20 in Half Dollars.

They didn't cause the outage but people were mistreated.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:55 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Comcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa View Post
Why is everyone bashing Comcast for today's outage (06-18-2019).
I heard it was a third party (SECO) that cut a major Fiber trunk line.
I was upset that my service went out, but so glad to see that Comcast was able to get us back online.
Rather than complain about Comcast, we should applaud their efforts in restoring our service. If it trully was SECO, then put the blame there, NOT Comcast.
OP, most are probably “bashing” Comcast not because of the outage but because of their overall poor customer service. This gives customers a chance to vent a bit. Their customer service has been “Ranked” the poorest in the cable industry.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Cut it out. Everyone who works, works hard. People are at risk with no Internet Service and Wi-Fi for Their Cell Phones & Home Phones. Accepting anything other than perfection from a COMMUNICATION COMPANY WHO CAN'T COMMUNICATE IS HORRENDOUS. Especially a company of their Magnitude. It's just terrible that there was no other way to make people whole immediately.

Don't tell me about the money tell me about THE SERVICE. I'll bet you people who could call Lit Up The Spectrum Telephone Lines Today.

They didn't create the problem but like when a light flickers in your house when something goes wrong it reroutes the service to you another way. It should be the same with Comcast.

Seco, a mistake? Bull! Digging without approval? Or an approval without an inspector or rushing is outta line. I hope they get fined up the Ying-Yang! That'll Learn 'Em! A $$ Whopper $$ outta their bottom line that comes from the Executives Bonuses and doesn't get passed on to anyone living here. WAKE UP! We are the customers and should accept NOTHING but Perfection.
Sounds great until they pass the costs to the subscribers and you know that is what would happen, then the screaming on how they are gouging would start. SECO won't get fined, and if they do they will pass those costs on....just how business works. The company you worked for did the same thing.....your pricing was based on your costs and when costs exceeded the revenue threshold price adjustments were made.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-19-2019, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Respectfully EdFNJ my friend I disagree. They should never let their Valued Customers be treated this way, Barring, God forbid a Natural Disaster. Accepting this from them just lets it continue. This is a sin. It doesn't fall under the Heading of S#&t happens. They boast about technology. Show us all and stop this bad treatment.

$20 for waiting. You know what they could do with the $20 in Half Dollars.

They didn't cause the outage but people were mistreated.
HUH? You totally lost me on that one. Please "esplain'". I believe I AGREED with you in my post so I don't understand what you were disagreeing with.me on.

Was up in Iselin this past weekend then down to S. Jersey for grandson's HS graduation. Couldn't wait to get back here.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
HUH? You totally lost me on that one. Please "esplain'". I believe I AGREED with you in my post so I don't understand what you were disagreeing with.me on.

Was up in Iselin this past weekend then down to S. Jersey for grandson's HS graduation. Couldn't wait to get back here.
I don't think they should skate and get off the hook at all no matter who made the mistake in the first place. If I misunderstood you it won't be the last time I make a mistake. Sorry. They upset me by leaving people without service for so long because I like you have been in the same shoes many times in Jersey. I really should have stayed out of this thread because I wasn't affected, THIS TIME. I do care because people depend on the Internet for their phone and God Forbid they couldn't reach someone for help if needed. Since I don't live there yet and my experience is no connection without Wi-Fi my conclusion is No Bueno. If other people can make calls from that location then maybe it is my phones, but like you, I have current models.

We went to the Isle of Linden several days ago and tried calling my wife on her Verizon Phone. I have a Verizon also. I couldn't get the call through for the life of me. Thankfully she was sitting next to me. We remember trying the same thing when Fenney was just built. No dice then either.

We have only one more Victim I mean Child to move out of Jersey. I had the same feeling when we got back here this Past Christmas. This is Home Now.

Sorry for the foul up bleep and blunder. Great article on the Golf Carts the other day. Peace Out!

Last edited by Nucky; 06-19-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
I don't think they should skate and get off the hook at all no matter who made the mistake in the first place. If I misunderstood you it won't be the last time I make a mistake. Sorry. They upset me by leaving people without service for so long because I like you have been in the same shoes many times in Jersey. I really should have stayed out of this thread because I wasn't affected, THIS TIME. I do care because people depend on the Internet for their phone and God Forbid they couldn't reach someone for help if needed. Since I don't live there yet and my experience is no connection without Wi-Fi my conclusion is No Bueno. If other people can make calls from that location then maybe it is my phones, but like you, I have current models.

We went to the Isle of Linden several days ago and tried calling my wife on her Verizon Phone. I have a Verizon also. I couldn't get the call through for the life of me. Thankfully she was sitting next to me. We remember trying the same thing when Fenney was just built. No dice then either.

We have only one more Victim I mean Child to move out of Jersey. I had the same feeling when we got back here this Past Christmas. This is Home Now.

Sorry for the foul up bleep and blunder. Great article on the Golf Carts the other day. Peace Out!
You don't need wifi to use a telephone. Landline is still available nationwide. All you need is a connected wall jack and service turned on. It's cheaper than cell phones, but you can't carry it with you. If there's an emergency at your house and the cell tower is down, you can still have phone access with landline.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,414 Times in 5,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
You don't need wifi to use a telephone. Landline is still available nationwide. All you need is a connected wall jack and service turned on. It's cheaper than cell phones, but you can't carry it with you. If there's an emergency at your house and the cell tower is down, you can still have phone access with landline.
Yes, but very few people have actual wired landlines, that are not connected to a cable service. Many have their landline through Comcast or another cable TV company. If you do, you could not use it during the Comcast outage because it needs the modem and cable service to operate.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Yes, but very few people have actual wired landlines, that are not connected to a cable service. Many have their landline through Comcast or another cable TV company. If you do, you could not use it during the Comcast outage because it needs the modem and cable service to operate.
True. No dial tone on our landline phone is when we knew service was out.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Why? Because it was a horrible experience. We actually had to go outside and talk to people. It was scary.

Quote:
People who had VOIP and no cell phone were outa luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
OP, most are probably “bashing” Comcast not because of the outage but because of their overall poor customer service. This gives customers a chance to vent a bit. Their customer service has been “Ranked” the poorest in the cable industry.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, seco, outage, todays, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.