Why cant we all play nice?

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Default Why cant we all play nice?

I often am amazed at how rude responses can be on this forum. Uncalled for and just plain mean. Cant people respond in a nice manner, even if they disagree? Why all the animosity? I'm not talking politics or anything like that, but sometimes the post is totally innocent a d people respond like the OP has no brain. It's just plain mean and rude.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:46 AM

There are many wonderful people in the Villages! I hope folks understand that much of the negativity comes from trolls from outside the community. There is too much hostility and jealousy in the world.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

It is sad what has happened on this forum. When I first starting looking at it 10 years ago, everyone was nice and helpful.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:48 AM

Yup...
Old 12-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
Yup...
Try living next door to one
Old 12-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

They are emboldened by being unanimous and hiding behind their key board.....a false/phony bravado that is non existent face to face!!!
Old 12-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
It is sad what has happened on this forum. When I first starting looking at it 10 years ago, everyone was nice and helpful.
Recently I have seen posters who have been banned return under a new name. It takes a while for the moderators to figure this out, and sometimes it goes on for awhile. I don't think this Forum should have people who only think one way, but there are people who fall out of the perimeters of behavior of what most people find decent and they have agenda's not easily understood. Maybe all of their life they have been like that or some life shattering things have made them bitter and angry.

I have grown to have a thicker skin online, but there are still bullies and brawlers and I hate it when I sink to their level and sometimes I do.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
i often am amazed at how rude responses can be on this forum. Uncalled for and just plain mean. Cant people respond in a nice manner, even if they disagree? Why all the animosity? I'm not talking politics or anything like that, but sometimes the post is totally innocent a d people respond like the op has no brain. It's just plain mean and rude.
ego
Old 12-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Default I agree!

When I first found The Villages, it seemed too good to be true! I immediately googled for information about this place. Talk of The Villages popped up and I read for hours about this fantastic place. It was my way to get to know this place and if we wanted to retire here. For the most part, it was very positive and informative. As you can see from my posting numbers, I don't post very much but do visit regularly to read. For about 4-5 years, it was good but about a year or so after we bought (hadn't moved full time yet) I started reading posts that were very negative about The Villages (developers) and also the residents - how everyone was mean and greedy - rude and disrespectful.

As we came for our next short stay, we were a little worried that we had purchased into a community that wasn't what we thought. But upon arrival, found that we were having the same positive and happy experience as always! I guess some will always have a negative outlook (no matter where they are or what they are doing) and some will be positive. I choose to embrace all things wonderful about this place.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

I agree that some of those commenting are, at best, snowbirds and at worse, live outside and may have never been here or are past unhappy residents. The never to be mentioned "news" site doesn't help with their bias to the negative and lack of factual information. I appreciate that the Developer doesn't get into the battles and wish more residents would attend the Resident Academy to not only learn but also develop District contacts to get answers when needed. Rumors and speculation are our enemy.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I often am amazed at how rude responses can be on this forum. Uncalled for and just plain mean. Cant people respond in a nice manner, even if they disagree? Why all the animosity? I'm not talking politics or anything like that, but sometimes the post is totally innocent a d people respond like the OP has no brain. It's just plain mean and rude.
Well stated.

Unfortunately, some small-minded and nasty people need to immediately categorize others into..."friend" versus "enemy."

Thus, their responses are forever influenced...by such categorization.

Some even have an innate need to constantly enumerate they are part of a 'majority' (in a specific location) and are so insecure that they feel the need to be...part of a "pack/clique."

IMHO, speaking truth to power, or a majority, regardless of the consequences or subsequent specific personal attacks...is the definition of being a true patriotic American.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

All types in our world.

All types on public boards.

Thankfully, a very, very small percentage are Summer's Eve's.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Well stated.

Unfortunately, some small-minded and nasty people need to immediately categorize others into..."friend" versus "enemy."

Some even have an innate need to constantly enumerate they are part of a 'majority' (in a specific location) and are so insecure that they feel the need to be...part of a "pack/clique."

IMHO, speaking truth to power, or a majority, regardless of the consequences or subsequent specific personal attacks...is the definition of being a true patriotic American.
Point made. AND because of so many wise and old people, understood.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Well stated.

Well, you have called some posters small minded, nasty, and insecure. I think this is the type of reply that the OP considers rude, uncalled for and just plain mean. I could be wrong.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Sage

So many small and good things happen every day here. Two things happened to us yesterday and today.

Jim McLaughlin our Villages sales reps invited many to a brunch yesterday at Evans Prarie Country Club. We three joined a lone lady with a service dog. She had just moved here in July to McClure and had worked previously for twenty years at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Michigan. Our daughter and I both have a significant congenital hearing loss and she shared with us about recently getting a Cochlear implant, but more than that she shared many funny and warm experiences and told how much she was enjoying living here. Her pup was a true service animal so we couldn't interact but she shared how he had done some awesome things to help others not connected to her at all. It gave me new awareness of a true service canine. To make a long story short, we are looking forward to knowing her better, have exchanged information and feel that we are going to enjoy knowing her so much.

The second little thing happened today at Craft Class at Laurel Manor when a member of our class has a visitor, her daughter and her daughters little 21 month old grandson who was very comfortable with all of us and made our hearts smile. It is little things everywhere that refresh our spirits.

It is another wonderful and precious day here in The Villages Florida.

Tags
rude, respond, people, plain, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.