4-car garage

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts
Default 4-car garage

It amazes me to find out that there are no lots being developed within TV that will accommodate a home with a 4-car garage with the exception of corner lots. There is a demand for larger homes and premiers here but evidently it is not what they want to do at this time. There was one lot in Marsh Bend last year but it was right on 468 with all the traffic noise, etc.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:59 PM

Everything in the new area is going to be impacted by highway noise. You definitely get more house for your money at this time but I wouldn't go near a house that faces north down there. Noise from heavy trucks will travel for miles.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
Everything in the new area is going to be impacted by highway noise. You definitely get more house for your money at this time but I wouldn't go near a house that faces north down there. Noise from heavy trucks will travel for miles.
I've lived here for over 2-1/2 years and we do not have a noise problem. I would not want to live along Morse or Buena Vista, and 468 is no worse than 466 or 466A, I have never heard traffic from the turnpike or 301, it's very peaceful and quiet here. The one exception to all that I've stated is the area that they are currently selling very near to the turnpike which is a small percentage of the homes built and being built down here, but some people don't mind that or they wouldn't be buying them. The selling prices keep going up and have gone up substantially since we bought our home. Our neighbors who have sold their homes have realized 6 figure profits in less than 3 years, that is amazing.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Our neighbors who have sold their homes have realized 6 figure profits in less than 3 years, that is amazing.
Do you mean at least $100,000 profit in less than 3 years? If that were the case, people would be lining up to purchase homes down there. In fact, people would be knocking down doors!
Old 12-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Do you mean at least $100,000 profit in less than 3 years? If that were the case, people would be lining up to purchase homes down there. In fact, people would be knocking down doors!
That's exactly what I mean and those who waited missed the boat. I don't know if a new house today will go up six figures over the next 3 years or not, one thing I do know is that used homes are selling for more than new homes down here and have been all year.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That's exactly what I mean and those who waited missed the boat. I don't know if a new house today will go up six figures over the next 3 years or not, one thing I do know is that used homes are selling for more than new homes down here and have been all year.
Amazing! Good for the sellers.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
When I lived in the north, the only thing separating me from the highway was the senior housing rental building behind my house. We had a right-of-way from their drive to our driveway. This was I-91, in New Haven county, and it was pretty busy, most of the time back there. The motorcycle down the block from us was much more distracting than the highway noise, which was more of a "white noise" to us than anything else - just a constant, distant, soft buzz that was easily ignored.

There was a passenger train track 3 blocks away, and the track crossed the road around a mile away. We could hear that whistle when it approached the crossroad and THAT was louder than the noise on the highway.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:49 AM

I thought the discussion was about a property with a (4) car garage. Maybe you should look into an old gas station plenty of them around.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

The lots fronting grey fox golf course would make great premier home lots. That view is amazing.

I’m a bit surprised they don’t have a handful of four car garage lots per neighborhood. It seems like a wonderful location for those with lots of garage toys (bikes, motorcycles, boats, kayaks, convertibles, classic cars, etc.). Perhaps they are coming...
Old 12-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2000 View Post
I thought the discussion was about a property with a (4) car garage. Maybe you should look into an old gas station plenty of them around.
What does this have to do with the lack of 4-car garage designer homes???
Old 12-09-2019, 07:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
The lots fronting grey fox golf course would make great premier home lots. That view is amazing.

I’m a bit surprised they don’t have a handful of four car garage lots per neighborhood. It seems like a wonderful location for those with lots of garage toys (bikes, motorcycles, boats, kayaks, convertibles, classic cars, etc.). Perhaps they are coming...
Rumor had it that there were to be premiers in there but Goldwing Nut posted a map showing normal sized lots and villas going in there, I don't know how old the map was but if it is true to the current plans there will be no premiers once again.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

If I had the money I would buy my neighbors home, tear it down and build me a 4-car garage, plus double golf cart garage! Great man cave or she shack.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Sorry. Read it wrong. There is no argument that all of our homes have gone up in value....LOTS. There, and everywhere. Originally, I think that the homes were priced VERY affordably in Fenney when they began. Those people now own homes which have gone up A LOT.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
If I had the money I would buy my neighbors home, tear it down and build me a 4-car garage, plus double golf cart garage! Great man cave or she shack.
We have friends, car enthusiasts, who added several garages and a lift to their lovely designer south of 466A.

They bought the home already built (NEW) with adding garages as their plan. It looks very nice.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
GoPacers, I think the tile of this subject is talking about a Premier home. If someone is talking about a Designer, Cottage or one of the other models, there’s probably 10,000 out there to pick from away from noise.
Closed Thread

Tags
lots, 4-car, garage, time, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.