Why cant we all play nice?

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Just read this today. The author theorizes that we are 11 nations with their own cultures. I can only speak to deep South, and the article pretty much hits the nail on the head.

The 11 nations of the United States and their cultures - Business Insider
I think with the mobile society we live in most of this has gone away. Just my opinion
Old 12-12-2019, 11:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Anybody remember a valued poster named Rubicon? I looked forward to his reply on many issues just like I did with Carl From Tampa God rest his soul.

These fantastic people gave up on our Forum because it became a hassle to participate. There are many more people than that who have been targeted by The Very Small Minority of Keyboarding Olympians who for the thrill burn someone to the ground and then say, Did I Do That?

It was rough for a while and I was a target for a bit from a few so I speak from experience that I know that being attacked by the squad is hurtful. I don’t respond to them and wouldn’t look at their coveted links for all The Tea In The Villages.

The higher ups have used the suspension of people in a very useful way because when they get their privileges back they are as Demure as can be for a bit. Great observation and post to the OP. Most people are just fantastic. Just a couple misguided posters who beg for attention with their negativity.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:39 AM

Reality of it all is not everyone is nice here. Altercations happen here and are often suppressed. It would tarnish the Village name when selling. They advertise the FRIENDLINESS place to live. Been here four years and between accidents I've been involved in due to drivers that shouldn't be driving, increase in population that puts a condition of when best time to eat somewhere or driving around to find a parking space or dealing with people who think my lawn is theirs for dogs to do it's business. Made a mistake coming here. Tax increase with no say was another reason and have to ask if the Morse Family really cares of what their building is doing. Brownwood is an example of over crowding.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
There are many wonderful people in the Villages! I hope folks understand that much of the negativity comes from trolls from outside the community. There is too much hostility and jealousy in the world.
It’s this type of reply that started this post. Play nice.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Anybody remember a valued poster named Rubicon? I looked forward to his reply on many issues just like I did with Carl From Tampa God rest his soul.

These fantastic people gave up on our Forum because it became a hassle to participate. There are many more people than that who have been targeted by The Very Small Minority of Keyboarding Olympians who for the thrill burn someone to the ground and then say, Did I Do That?

It was rough for a while and I was a target for a bit from a few so I speak from experience that I know that being attacked by the squad is hurtful. I don’t respond to them and wouldn’t look at their coveted links for all The Tea In The Villages.

The higher ups have used the suspension of people in a very useful way because when they get their privileges back they are as Demure as can be for a bit. Great observation and post to the OP. Most people are just fantastic. Just a couple misguided posters who beg for attention with their negativity.
I don't beleive you have been here long enough to make such a claim.

Your memory goes to the most recent failed political forums only.

There was a time, albeit with less members where members from political and the regular forum interacted like civil human beings in or out of the prescribed area.

In those days, you were expected to supply, in political, links to validate what basis you used in a discussion of issues, and then the discussion was issues.

When you left that area, you left behind political differences and spoke to the thread subject, and actually the constantchange of subject within threads did not exist as much.

As the forum grew, more people of course, plus many have made it an art form of deciding to change subjects on threads if they do not like the direction of the original OP
Old 12-13-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
So many small and good things happen every day here. Two things happened to us yesterday and today.

Jim McLaughlin our Villages sales reps invited many to a brunch yesterday at Evans Prarie Country Club. We three joined a lone lady with a service dog. She had just moved here in July to McClure and had worked previously for twenty years at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Michigan. Our daughter and I both have a significant congenital hearing loss and she shared with us about recently getting a Cochlear implant, but more than that she shared many funny and warm experiences and told how much she was enjoying living here. Her pup was a true service animal so we couldn't interact but she shared how he had done some awesome things to help others not connected to her at all. It gave me new awareness of a true service canine. To make a long story short, we are looking forward to knowing her better, have exchanged information and feel that we are going to enjoy knowing her so much.

The second little thing happened today at Craft Class at Laurel Manor when a member of our class has a visitor, her daughter and her daughters little 21 month old grandson who was very comfortable with all of us and made our hearts smile. It is little things everywhere that refresh our spirits.

It is another wonderful and precious day here in The Villages Florida.
Thank you for sharing. Your life is inspiring.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Thumbs up Annie66

Accentuate the good things. Thanks for sharing Annie.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I agree that some of those commenting are, at best, snowbirds and at worse, live outside and may have never been here or are past unhappy residents. The never to be mentioned "news" site doesn't help with their bias to the negative and lack of factual information. I appreciate that the Developer doesn't get into the battles and wish more residents would attend the Resident Academy to not only learn but also develop District contacts to get answers when needed. Rumors and speculation are our enemy.
Now that is funny, thanks for the laugh and the informational advice that seasonal residents cause all the problems along with outsiders. You do realize you just profiled yourself as the type of person of which the OP spoke? Kindness starts with oneself and an unbiased soul, maybe self examination would be helpful. Enjoy your day.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I often am amazed at how rude responses can be on this forum. Uncalled for and just plain mean. Cant people respond in a nice manner, even if they disagree? Why all the animosity? I'm not talking politics or anything like that, but sometimes the post is totally innocent a d people respond like the OP has no brain. It's just plain mean and rude.
I wholeheartedly agree with your post. Instead of simple neighborly discussions, people are put on Cross-Examination by other very knowledgeable, high edumacated enlightened and unteachable people who take joy in burning down the house so to speak. It is easy to see that a thread is going to end shortly when some of these people enter the discussion.

I'm glad you brought this up. We went for a ride looking at Christmas Lights over around Dunkirk Trail and still observed many people with lots of holiday spirit. We both are making a choice to get caught up in that feeling instead of the negativity spread by a few. Enough already. Take the attacks somewhere else.

A few years ago if someone flipped me the Bird I would have chased them to get in the last word. Not anymore. THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT. It's a shame it's like that but whatareyougonnado?

Happy Holiday's to the OP, great observations.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=Bucco;1701316]
PHP Code:
I don't beleive you have been here long enough to make such a claim. 

[B]Search for the truth; shy away from the immediate judgment because one may not know what circumstances led to a person's statement. This is but ONE method of arguing intelligently.[B]
Old 12-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=Mumbles;1701330]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
PHP Code:
I don't beleive you have been here long enough to make such a claim. 

[B]Search for the truth; shy away from the immediate judgment because one may not know what circumstances led to a person's statement. This is but ONE method of arguing intelligently.[B]
Hey, Mumbles send me an invoice for representing me cause you are showing the nice way that the OP speaks of and the previous poster spun the entire meaning of the thread and my post, as usual, the end of what was a beautiful discussion will be coming to an end. In fact, I have been around long enough and don't need to prove that to anyone. Never thought about anything political either. I want to be kind but I'm getting dizzy from the spin! Thanks Mumbles.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY D View Post
Reality of it all is not everyone is nice here. Altercations happen here and are often suppressed. It would tarnish the Village name when selling. They advertise the FRIENDLINESS place to live. Been here four years and between accidents I've been involved in due to drivers that shouldn't be driving, increase in population that puts a condition of when best time to eat somewhere or driving around to find a parking space or dealing with people who think my lawn is theirs for dogs to do it's business. Made a mistake coming here. Tax increase with no say was another reason and have to ask if the Morse Family really cares of what their building is doing. Brownwood is an example of over crowding.
The unfortunate reality is that the minority of TV behavior is what people conjure up into being a general condition.....WHEN IT IS NOT!!!

The above post may be a catharsis about a 5% representation. The other 95% of us think TV is what it is advertised to be.

OK....make it 10% and 90%....I rest my case!!
Old 12-13-2019, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

Really liked Rubicon's stuff on TOTV.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY D View Post
Good luck in finding that PERFECT place. Sounds like that’s the only place that will make you happy.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:52 AM

The current political climate has alot of people irratable
Closed Thread

Tags
rude, respond, people, plain, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.