Why cant we all play nice?

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

[QUOTE=Nucky;1701343]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post

Hey, Mumbles send me an invoice for representing me cause you are showing the nice way that the OP speaks of and the previous poster spun the entire meaning of the thread and my post, as usual, the end of what was a beautiful discussion will be coming to an end. In fact, I have been around long enough and don't need to prove that to anyone. Never thought about anything political either. I want to be kind but I'm getting dizzy from the spin! Thanks Mumbles.
PERFECT EXAMPLE.

This is not only a great example but expected. Disagree if you wish but why we cannot be adults is well beyond me. I simply point out that this forum being criticized has been around for awhile and it was not always populated with mean spirited folks. This "attitude" is new but maybe I have not been paying attention.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi3000 View Post
The current political climate has alot of people irratable
You said it and nailed it. THAT is the only difference I see in this forum is the mean spirited, control attitude by some. Political climate used to be about differences in issues, not personal destruction. That spills into all walks of life.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I often am amazed at how rude responses can be on this forum. Uncalled for and just plain mean. Cant people respond in a nice manner, even if they disagree? Why all the animosity? I'm not talking politics or anything like that, but sometimes the post is totally innocent a d people respond like the OP has no brain. It's just plain mean and rude.
I don't think it makes any difference where you move to, you're going to run into all types of people. There's no perfect town or city!
Old 12-13-2019, 10:50 AM

It's sounding like we need a TOTV 'safe space'.
My response to criticism and mean comments is to grow thicker skin.
I now have the hide of an elephant.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Anybody remember a valued poster named Rubicon? I looked forward to his reply on many issues just like I did with Carl From Tampa God rest his soul.

These fantastic people gave up on our Forum because it became a hassle to participate. There are many more people than that who have been targeted by The Very Small Minority of Keyboarding Olympians who for the thrill burn someone to the ground and then say, Did I Do That?

It was rough for a while and I was a target for a bit from a few so I speak from experience that I know that being attacked by the squad is hurtful. I don’t respond to them and wouldn’t look at their coveted links for all The Tea In The Villages.

The higher ups have used the suspension of people in a very useful way because when they get their privileges back they are as Demure as can be for a bit. Great observation and post to the OP. Most people are just fantastic. Just a couple misguided posters who beg for attention with their negativity.
I miss him too, and wonder if he is well. Both sides of that debate had some wonderful people who debated well and properly and didn't side step or whine when a better point was made. Of course you remember who Rubicon was and Richard who often took the other side and has gone to the arms of God. I liked and respected them both and didn't ALWAYS agree with them all of the time. They were both gentlemen and kind. And didn't JUST focus on politics either. Richard worked at the soup kitchen near The Villages for years. Rubicon was very interested in the economics of the country and the world and was brilliant in his assessments. I can't recall either of them having tantrums or sulking. AND they always made their point in a few words.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I don't think it makes any difference where you move to, you're going to run into all types of people. There's no perfect town or city!
And the few who go against the grain are in the minority that always seem to get all the attention.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I miss him too, and wonder if he is well. Both sides of that debate had some wonderful people who debated well and properly and didn't side step or whine when a better point was made. Of course you remember who Rubicon was and Richard who often took the other side and has gone to the arms of God. I liked and respected them both and didn't ALWAYS agree with them all of the time. They were both gentlemen and kind. And didn't JUST focus on politics either. Richard worked at the soup kitchen near The Villages for years. Rubicon was very interested in the economics of the country and the world and was brilliant in his assessments. I can't recall either of them having tantrums or sulking. AND they always made their point in a few words.
Richard Davis, aka Buggy (among others) was on the other ends of my political views but we shared a strong interest in truth and being civil.

While we disagreed so much but began a nice relationship by PM where we discussed without any interruption by the hate.

He was a nice and honorable man for sure
Old 12-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
And the few who go against the grain are in the minority that always seem to get all the attention.
One of these days we three Gantners want to meet the both of you. You are a wise man.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Veteran member

cable news will be the bane of our country
Old 12-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
cable news will be the bane of our country
Only the ones with letters............
Old 12-13-2019, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Richard Davis, aka Buggy (among others) was on the other ends of my political views but we shared a strong interest in truth and being civil.

While we disagreed so much but began a nice relationship by PM where we discussed without any interruption by the hate.

He was a nice and honorable man for sure
Oh my gosh! Richard and I could not have been more different in our political views, and yet I considered him one of my best friends in TV. What a guy. I was heartbroken when he passed.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:20 PM

I thought you had to be a member of the community to be on here.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipops View Post
No. You could be someone looking to move to the Villages, or someone who left or a relative or friend of someone looking to move here or any variety of other people.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipops View Post
Sadly no. It amazes me that some who’s posts are so negative about TV, have never lived here. A few have never visited. In time you will figure out who you value for advice
Old 12-13-2019, 10:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Anybody remember a valued poster named Rubicon? I looked forward to his reply on many issues just like I did with Carl From Tampa God rest his soul.

These fantastic people gave up on our Forum because it became a hassle to participate. There are many more people than that who have been targeted by The Very Small Minority of Keyboarding Olympians who for the thrill burn someone to the ground and then say, Did I Do That?

It was rough for a while and I was a target for a bit from a few so I speak from experience that I know that being attacked by the squad is hurtful. I don’t respond to them and wouldn’t look at their coveted links for all The Tea In The Villages.

The higher ups have used the suspension of people in a very useful way because when they get their privileges back they are as Demure as can be for a bit. Great observation and post to the OP. Most people are just fantastic. Just a couple misguided posters who beg for attention with their negativity.
So well said. I bet "the small minority" have no clue that they are the small minority.
Closed Thread

Tags
rude, respond, people, plain, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.