Why cant we all play nice?

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I think the mods do a good job of squashing any keeping name-calling or outright meanness towards others, but I will agree that the constant cross-examinations can drive people away. Even the most innocuous question or comment is met with a barrage of: did you ask, did you talk, did you call, why are you posting that here, is your vision good, were you speeding, why aren't you answering, do you even live here, how long, what village, why, when, how, etc.

And if a comment is anything even the least bit negative about The Villages: "There must be more to the story."

Some posters can be quite opinionated about How Everything Should Be Done.

You nailed it!

There will always be posters who try to make themselves feel better by trying to make others feel worse.

They seem to thrive on trying to create and rule an Us vs. Them environment -- which is permeating TOTV more and more.

When a differing opinion does not set just right, such posters drag out and sling the usual tired old phrases at the "offending" poster -- like, "Must be jealous." -- "Must have a crappy personality." -- "Must be unhappy." -- "Must not get along with anybody." -- "Must have a hidden agenda." -- "Must not be as smart as me." On and on it goes. Predictable as can be.

The intense need to control the narrative must be exhausting. It is certainly transparent. I guess there are those who are just wired like that.

Oh well, it's all theater -- getting awfully formulaic though.

Last edited by Boomer; 12-16-2019 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-16-2019, 04:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,788 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
You nailed it!

There will always be posters who try to make themselves feel better by trying to make others feel worse.

They seem to thrive on trying to create and rule an Us. vs. Them environment -- which is permeating TOTV more and more.

When a differing opinion does not set just right, such posters drag out and sling the usual tired old phrases at the "offending" poster -- like, "Must be jealous." -- "Must have a crappy personality." "Must not get along with anybody." -- "Must have a hidden agenda." -- "Must not be as smart as me." On and on it goes. Predictable as can be.

The need to control the narrative must be rather exhausting. It is certainly transparent. I guess there are those who are just wired like that.

Oh well, it's all theater -- getting awfully formulaic though.
Excellent observation, thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
rude, respond, people, plain, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.