Why did you buy in the village you purchased in?

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Default Why did you buy in the village you purchased in?

Why did you buy where you did? Was it because of that village/area? Or was there something else about the house/villa that just "made" you pick your home?

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 AM
Veteran member

We bought during the building boom, so it was just pure dumb luck that we ended up in Tall Trees, the most perfect Village of all!
Just keep looking at both resales and new until you find exactly what you want. There are so many choices, I just know there is one that you will fall in love with.
If you are coming to visit, we would love to show you around.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We looked at several Villages and homes and found the perfect Village for us (Sunset Pointe) and almost the perfect home. However it sold before we got a contract in place. So we bought our second choice home in Poinciana. Loved the Poinciana home more then the other home, but preferred the Sunset Pointe location. Well just after we closed on the Poinciana home, the other deal fell through on our first choice home. So after a few hours of pondering, we bought the one in Sunset Pointe and used the Poinciana home as a rental. No regrets on either decision and in fact plan to sell the Poinciana home at some point and buy another rental property in Sunset Pointe.

Why is this the perfect location? Almost the center of the total Villages. Less then 5 minutes to LSL by golf cart. Close to several pools, Country Clubs, Recreation Centers, and easy in and out access. Not close to power lines, treatment plants or train tracks. We have a wonderful view across Heron golf course to Lake Miona. No one can build between us and the lake. Quiet and peaceful location.

Several of these things can be said about many Villages, but for us this one was perfect.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Sage

We bought a resale recently. Wanted to get something fairly new (less than ~5 yrs. old) so that was going to put us south of 466. Also wanted to be somewhat in the middle of TV rather than off to the far east or west sides of things. Found a house in Duval that met all our other criteria for house-specific items. So that's where we wound up.

In our case, the specific Village where we bought was totally by default.

Bill
Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 AM

I looked at 14 homes in 14 different villages and bought in Country Club Hills ("historic" side). Why did I buy there? I found a beautiful site built 2 bedroom designer home with a large kitchen, volume ceilings, formal foyer, split bedrooms and large living room (everything I was looking for!) for a great price, there is no bond, it is quiet and it is near TVRH (I work 2 nights a week).
Old 03-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Gold member

My wife wanted two things in a home - a closed kitchen and near water. We were shown a house in Poinciana that met both of those criteria and the price was right so we bought. As it turns out its a great location being near many golf courses, both exec. and championship as well as LSL which is 10 minutes by golf cart. We're very happy where we are.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Sage

We chose our home based on the lot and location. Privacy and a view were critical to us, as was a central location near LSL. When we purchased the first time, it was quick and on a whim and we had not looked around at all. Actualy, we didn't look around much the second time either, but the house/location was right for us. There are so many wonderful lots here in TV.
Wishing you a good one!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 AM

1. cyv
2. 2 car garage
3. tile roof
4. on championship golf course
5. view includes small lake
6. 2 minutes from ss square
and last but not least.............free golf balls
Old 03-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Sage
Default Where the dirt was

I can sum it it up by saying Mallory was where the dirt was in 2007. We looked at many used homes and several new on a whirl wind tour. Every used home in our budget did not quite fit our eye or needed work and my wife who has seen me gut two other homes in our lives together wanted no part of a project

When we walked into our Wisteria in Mallory which backs up to a Villa wall for privacy it fit our budget, we loved the location, and everything was brand new, so we jumped....

Some side notes from our experience:

Our Villages real estate agent was named Casey Stengel.

The last used home we looked at somewhere by Palmer I was bit by a dog. The garage door in the kitchen had a note that said, VERY FRIENDLY DOG in garage, please do not let out. I love dogs, so I opened door, crouched over showing it my hand and it got me drawing a little blood (nothing serious). Always the little ones it seems that catch me by surprise . Casey almost fainted, he did not know what to do. It probably did not help that I kept asking him liability questions and if I might be able to now get the home for free

Last edited by ajbrown; 03-07-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Sage

In many ways I agree with AJ. That's where the lot was that allowed us to design a nice side pool and birdcage in relative privacy (outside corner bend) while saving over 120K from a golf front lot. At this point we couldn't be happier for the price we paid.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Gold member

For us, the village that we were in was not all that relevant. We wanted to buy in a new area and that dictated one of a handful of villages where new construction was going on. We found a great golf course lot for $50K less than the ones next to it (the reason for the "discount" was and is a mystery). We can walk out our back yard to a rec center with a family pool which will be great when we have grandkids visiting. By shear luck, the size and orientation of the houses that were built on both sides of us gives us side-to-side privacy as well.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

For us, we wanted a new home, so that dictated [to a large degree] the location and village. Additionally, with the new square going in south of 466a, we wanted to be somewhat centered between LSL and Brownwood Paddock. While not the primary issue, we felt that a newer village would have an overall younger resident pool and would be easier for us to integrate.

I'm sure you'll be happy no matter the location.... TV is a wonderful place, filled with fantastic people!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

We bought in Summerhill. We felt it was the best price, best village and best location for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandj View Post
Why did you buy where you did? Was it because of that village/area? Or was there something else about the house/villa that just "made" you pick your home?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:21 PM

We bought because we loved the "Spec" house and just bought it.

On a side note, we have a GE Proflle side by side refrigerator and even though the manual devotes a whole page to sounds we have never experienced such noises. Is this others experiences and is it just a matter of getting use to?

Thanks,

Jack & Pam
Old 03-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
For us, we wanted a new home, so that dictated [to a large degree] the location and village. Additionally, with the new square going in south of 466a, we wanted to be somewhat centered between LSL and Brownwood Paddock. While not the primary issue, we felt that a newer village would have an overall younger resident pool and would be easier for us to integrate.

I'm sure you'll be happy no matter the location.... TV is a wonderful place, filled with fantastic people!
any ideas as to where to stay while they buily you home? It will take three months I think ofr my Lantana on Odessa Cirlce. Wondering what other people did?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.