Why did you move WITHIN The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patents111 View Post
Hi, many of you have moved from one Villages house to another Villages house. As I look to buy here, at my age I’m hoping to make my first house purchase my last to avoid moving again. It would be very useful for me to hear your motivation for moving from one TV house to another. Your experiences will give me a keener eye to make a wiser first selection. Many thanks.
Went from water view to on the water at Paradise Lake on Aloha Way. Spent my sons inheritance , never been happier.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:42 PM

I only moved after almost 20 years in our original CYV. Loved the floor plan but hated the limited garage space. New CYV have much more garage space. When I remarried, after my wife passed away, we decided to sell her Villages Ranch and my CYV and buy an “our house”.

After almost 3 years we are very happy with our new home.

In my humble opinion, most people worry too much about location/Village and not enough about the floor plan of their home. Does it work for them? Find the home you love, new or preowned, and don’t worry about the neighborhood too much. There really isn’t a bad neighborhood.

Last edited by rogerk; 08-01-2021 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Bad proof reading on my part.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:24 AM

Hopefully we never will wish to move. but things happen and you have to be adaptable

Yoda
Old 08-02-2021, 06:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
I only moved after almost 20 years in our original CYV. Loved the floor plan but hated the limited garage space. New CYV have much more garage space. When I remarried, after my wife passed away, we decided to sell her Villages Ranch and my CYV and buy an “our house”.

After almost 3 years we are very happy with our new home.

In my humble opinion, most people worry too much about location/Village and not enough about the floor plan of their home. Does it work for them? Find the home you love, new or preowned, and don’t worry about the neighborhood too much. There really isn’t a bad neighborhood. ������
Good advice.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:36 AM

Court yard villa is like living in a box, with no parking for guests
Old 08-02-2021, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Don't forget!

If you play golf, The villages is certainly ideal. However remember there are at least a dozen other Senior communities within 10 to 30 minutes of The villages that may suit you better and are certainly 30 to 50% cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patents111 View Post
I appreciate each of you taking the time sharing your experiences. This will be my first home buying experience without a wife- so no one to please but myself, but without that second set of eyes and wise advice. A realtor at TV told me he sees couples come first time to TV and give themselves one week to buy their perfect house, and it usually turns out poorly.
Getting an extended rental makes sense- maybe several one or two month rentals in different house type/locations. I’ve read various comments about lanai direction, kissing lanais, pickle ball and golf course noise, town square music, club and event access, road access, etc, etc— but it won’t all make sense until I actually live it, I guess. So thank you all for being my second set of eyes and wise advice. I don’t fear getting it wrong the first time as long as I’ve made the effort to get it right.
I’ll keep monitoring in case others have more to add- see all you great people soon.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
If you play golf, The villages is certainly ideal. However remember there are at least a dozen other Senior communities within 10 to 30 minutes of The villages that may suit you better and are certainly 30 to 50% cheaper.
Thank you all for sharing your personal journeys and wise counsel and being my pairs of eyes. You have each found your place of happiness. A bit of planning and adaptability, alignment of head and heart has worked for you all and will hopefully work for me. You each deserve this reward for a lifetime of making the best of what life has thrown your way. Be well all.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:50 AM

we are moving to fiend better neighbors we have had a neighbor talk bad to my wife and i wood like to clock him and i would not so we will just move on and living by sumter
Old 08-02-2021, 10:49 AM

When I bought my first house in the villages, the other homes around me were not built yet. One of the reasons I moved was my street became a through street. There were lots of people speeding in their cars and lots of traffic.
Another reason I moved is that my Lanai in my first home was small. I enjoyed being out on the lanai but felt I couldn’t fully enjoy it because it was so small.
The third reason I moved from my first house was that my garage even though it was a two car garage it was very tight trying to squeeze in the golf cart as well. So my new house has a two car garage with a golf cart garage.
The last reason why I moved from my first house, was the position of my house in regards to the sun. Also my new home has less windows than my first home which makes it a lot cooler in my new house.

Hope this helps in making your decision. I feel that my second home here in the villages will be my last. I made sure that the realtor looked for all the items I wanted on my list. Which they did.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:42 AM
Veteran member

More house / less money in new area. That was 18 months ago. Not the case now. We love our new house in Marsh Bend.

Old 08-03-2021, 03:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Gypsie spirit, never lived in a house more than five years since day I was born. Love adventure, change, decorating and have a very tolerant husband who puts up with me lol. Never had a house I didn't like. Hubby starts to worry when I get the for sale sign dusted off!
Are you my wife, using another username?
Closed Thread

Tags
house, villages, make, moving, selection

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.