Why do TV residents move so often?

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2020, 04:44 PM
Default Why do TV residents move so often?

I am hoping to move to TV in the near future. I have posted a few questions and many of you have generously supplied your valuable insights. I appreciate every response.

In reading this board and other places it appears that most people end up moving a couple times within TV. I am curious why this occurs. Do you find that other villages are more to your liking after being there for a while? Do you find the house you initially bought does not meet your needs and it is worth the effort and expense to relocate within TV?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:53 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

After 10 years we downsized to a smaller house with less upkeep. Can't do what I did 10 years ago.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Some not most.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

A lot of people move 2-3 times because they find their current home too large, too small, need more garage space, want a view lot, want a pool that the current house doesn’t have or can’t accommodate, find they like newer areas and on and on. A lot of people are like BTK and like what they have and where they are so stay put.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I wonder about that too

seems like a lot of money is being spent on real estate fees and moving fees

maybe all these apartments isn't that bad of an idea after all if people want to keep moving around TV
Old 09-15-2020, 06:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Why move

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRAY View Post
I am hoping to move to TV in the near future. I have posted a few questions and many of you have generously supplied your valuable insights. I appreciate every response.

In reading this board and other places it appears that most people end up moving a couple times within TV. I am curious why this occurs. Do you find that other villages are more to your liking after being there for a while? Do you find the house you initially bought does not meet your needs and it is worth the effort and expense to relocate within TV?

Inquiring minds want to know.
I know several couples who sold/moved after a few years take advantage of the increased equity value in their present homes. Buy low, sell for more, move up. Or take he money and run.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:06 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

That pretty much covers it.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

6 percent real estate fees add up quickly not to mention the packing and unpacking and all the stuff my dear wife had us buy after we moved in and not really movable
Old 09-15-2020, 06:26 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

We had a neighbor that bought and moved 7 times. We also know a lot of people that are already on their second home south of 44, there are some big profits for those who came south early in 2017.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

We were planning on moving to our "forever retirement home" some time within the next two years. Sadly, circumstances forced us to change those plans and we moved last year instead. We couldn't afford the home we were hoping to get, and had to "settle" for less. Mainly, we wanted a site-built home, and got a manufactured home. We couldn't be happier in our current neighborhood, everyone and everything here is awesome. But I'd much prefer the laundry room to be inside the house instead of outside in a shed. And a golf cart garage that I didn't have to worry about ripping the side mirrors off the cart whenever I drove in it (the garage door is only 4 inches wider than the widest part of the golf cart - scary!). And a more modern kitchen, with a dishwasher and oven that weren't obsolete 10 years ago.

But everything works (for now, knock on wood). We'll probably upgrade in around 10 years which is when we are most likely to be able to afford it.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Vaca home, Small home
retirement home, sq foot they needed
parent moves in, Bigger home
someone dies, Smaller home
New apartment
View
Pool
Golf cart garage
Different location
No matter what you do selling on your own is not that hard, great profit, and there are companies that pack and move You.

Reason for most move....No attachment to any home here, unlike the house you raised your family in
Old 09-15-2020, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

When I first started flipping houses it was way before I was married and flipped so many houses because of Fast Women and Slow Horses. I needed the Money Man!!

Now that I'm here I came with a plan of flipping one house each year. Not necessarily moving each time like before but I decided that it was way more important to be happy than chase the dollar bill like I did my entire life. We started in a Manufactured Home and will make one more move in The Villages. 5 years was enough time to confirm that we absolutely love it here. We may even risk a move to the other side. We shall see. It's about being free at this point. We already did the big house thing and don't want that anymore. I think our final number of houses will be TWO!

I would love a CYV with a two-car garage and a pool. Two Poloponies would be nice also!!
Old 09-16-2020, 04:57 AM
Veteran member

Just my guess some are making a profit over original purchase price , going bigger or smaller home needs, crappy neighbors.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:03 AM
Veteran member

Because many buy too quickly and buy on emotion.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:07 AM

We moved here to The Village of Linden in June and have the best neighbors we could ask for. We opted for a house of 1560 square feet and it’s a perfect size for us. It is just me and my hubby. We decided to do some upgrades but I think that some people start out bigger and decide to downsize if they lose a spouse or it’s just too much upkeep for them. Also, some buy a home without a golf cart garage and decide they want to get one and so they want a golf cart garage. There are various reasons. I have also heard that some folks like to be closer to the squares and cannot access with the golf cart. Some decide they see a home that they really live and want to go bigger. If someone has lost their spouse, that is another reason they may choose to downsize and move. While looking, you should definitely take advantage of staying here for a week or so and look around. Some people rent their homes out. Best of luck!
Closed Thread

Tags
find, move, worth, occurs, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.