Why does everyone in TV keep moving?

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Default Why does everyone in TV keep moving?

As someone who is about to buy in TV, I would really like to know some of the reasons why people move multiple times once they arrive in TV. It seems to be much higher than the national average. Is it bad location? Better deal? Undesirable neighbors? Should I be prepared to move multiple times as well?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

NO!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Sage

Why does everyone in TV keep moving?

So our knees don't lock up.........NEXT
Old 10-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

I am also amazed at how many times people move in TV's. From what I can see, many probably start out with smaller homes and then once they decide they really like it here, they graduate into a larger home.
There are some who make impulse buys and then realize they would rather have something different, like a more private lot, a bigger garage, want to live on a golf course, etc... and yes, some may not like their neighbors. They see new homes being built with different upgrades and want something newer. Some sell their main homes (usually up north) and have extra cash so they invest in a nicer home.
If you don't want to be one of the one's that move within a given period of time, know what you want and what you can afford from the start.
There are all different kind of lots, one's which back up to another home, and yes, your privacy can be limited. There are one's that back up to roadways, and yes, during peak season, you may not want to hear or see the traffic. There are those that back up to gold courses and again, you may not want to see or hear people walking behind your home early in the morning till into the evening. Everyone is different so ... evaluate your future home carefully if you don't want to be moving in the future.
Good luck!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:46 PM

My parent's moved 3 times. First they had a courtyard villa, they were there from 2001-late 2004. They moved and only stayed at the new house for about a year. We always joked that was the house I never saw...I never did. Then Mom decided she didn't like the setup of that house; I don't know the model but you could kind of partition a side off. So they moved to a designer and were there together until Mom died. Dad says this is his final home. Loved neighbors from all moves he's still in touch with them. He is probably closer to the neighbors here as when they moved this area was being settled.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Gold member

Because there are countless nice homes at affordable prices in nice neighborhoods here.

Moving gives new perspective on life and brings a little adventure too. It's a low-risk venture in this healthy market.

Last edited by sunnyatlast; 10-21-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Because there are countless nice homes at affordable prices in nice neighborhoods here.

And because we don't want to take root like potted plants.

Moving gives new perspective on life and brings a little adventure too. It's not like going to the gas chamber or anything.
I guess I like being a potted plant then. We moved here 12 years ago and said we never wanted to move again and since then have had no desire to. We have enough house for us (I keep reminding myself we wanted to downsize.) lol and most of all I love our location and we have the very best neighbors ever. We have everything thing we need to be happy.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Platinum member

The reasons are as varied as the people!!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Veteran member

There are many reasons for folks to move within TV. Upsizing, downsizing, more lot, less lot, need a bigger garage, don't need so much garage space, want room for a pool, don't wan't a pool any longer, loss of a loved one, less money, more money, etc., etc. IMO, the reason you see it happen more frequently here is because 1) it is easy to sell and buy, without losing money and 2) because at our age, circumstances and needs change more quickly. Personally, I'm in my home for the duration...unless something changes.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Sage

Some peoples' financial situation may improve...Medicare/Social Security kicking in after an early retirement, kids becoming more independent, inheritances, etc..
Old 10-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruannB View Post
As someone who is about to buy in TV, I would really like to know some of the reasons why people move multiple times once they arrive in TV. It seems to be much higher than the national average. Is it bad location? Better deal? Undesirable neighbors? Should I be prepared to move multiple times as well?
I purchased a patio villa 5 years ago as a winter home to flee the snows in Colorado. Last summer I purchased a courtyard villa and sold the patio villa ahead of my retirement. I sold my Colorado home and live here full time.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:38 PM

People move for lots of reasons. Most because the size home isn't what they really wanted--it's either too big or too small. Some move here and take what they can get at first, then look around for their "dream home." Some find they'd prefer a location nearer/further away from the squares or shopping, or whatever. Me? I do not intend to move--ever. If I win the lottery, I might, but I love my house and my neighborhood so should I ever find myself an instant millionaire, I would have to give it some serious thought!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Sage

There are thousands of people who have moved within The Villages.
Some residents have even left Lala Land to gain more privacy or to move closer to the ocean.

Reasons for moving within TV are varied. Illness, death, falling in love and getting married, combining homes, wanting a larger home, neighbors aren't friendly enough, neighbors are too social and in everyone' s business, too close to busy streets, not close enough to shopping, want to live near new church, buying a dog and wanting a courtyard villa, husband gets a new hobby and wants a workshop in the garage, wanting to downsize, grown kids want to move in, kids want to move out, getting a divorce and wanting a smaller house, mother-in-law moving in, want to be more central for golf, Some people are like me and just love to move, I find it invigorating.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-22-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:03 AM
Platinum member

They see new home features, or newly developed areas and they want it. They want larger, newer, or a different location. They sell and move. Critical here is the fact that most are not moving out of The Villages, but simply to new locations within The Villages.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
There are thousands of people who have moved within The Villages.
Some residents have even left Lala Land to gain more privacy or to move closer to the ocean.

Reasons for moving within TV are varied. Illness, death, falling in love and getting married, combining homes, wanting a larger home, neighbors aren't friendly enough, neighbors are too social and in everyone' s business, too close to busy streets, not close enough to shopping, want to live near new church, buying a dog and wanting a courtyard villa, husband gets a new hobby and wants a workshop in the garage, wanting to downsize, grown kids want to move in, kids want to move out, getting a divorce and wanting a smaller house, mother-in-law moving in, want to be more central for golf, Some people are like me and just love to move, I find it invigorating.
To my dear friend, who is smarter than the average bare, Bare's point of view is very accurate.

A good deal of thought and planning, would do wonders, for those making the original purchase, final. One must have a very good idea of what they want in a home. I was told by a very bright person to make a list of "must haves" as opposed to "would like to have", when buying a home. Some people prefer new and some people prefer preowned.

On the other hand, stuff happens!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.