Anyone else having problems with Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Default Anyone else having problems with Comcast

Cable continuing to cut out this evening. Anyone else experiencing problems?
Old 01-22-2015, 08:51 PM

We are OK in Hillsborough.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Our main TV is ok, but both last nite and tonite we have had to reboot the lanai and bedroom TV.. they won't change channel unless we unplug box and reset.. annoying. I will notify comcast once I get my courage to call their customer service... they need a record of this ..
Old 01-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Sage

I switched to BrightHouse about 6 months ago. No problems, no unexpected fee increases and great TV.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:08 PM

We are in Virginia Trace. It has been intermittent for past two hours. Sometimes off for 3-4 minutes at a time.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

Our picture freezes for a few seconds several times an hour and then refreshes. Started happening Saturday and they said they had a problem. TV came back but now have intermittent problems.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Sage

last week the higher stations were totally off for over two hours....still goes off just for a few seconds now and then...
Old 01-23-2015, 04:55 AM
Default Comcast

I recently had experience with Comcast customer service regarding my 93 year old Aunt who lives over in Citrus County. Comcast is really bad. I don't see how they make it. Worst customer service that I have ever seen. I got my Aunt hooked up with Brighthouse. I just bought a CYV in The Villages. I will not be using Comcast.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:03 AM

Our TV's have been freezing up for the past few days, but it seems mostly at night. It is annoying when watching a show and it freezes just at the part of the show you wanted to hear. I think the X1 platform still has a lot of bugs to work out. If I have time I will call them and try to get a credit for that.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Direct TV

Direct TV keeps getting knocks that they have outage when it storms. We changed from Comcast to Direct TV about 18 months ago and I think we had 2 outages for about 1 minute each in all this time. That beats the heck out of Comcast. We had Comcast for years and finally gave up and went to Direct TV. The picture is much better, it is much cheaper, we can record in any room (have 4) and play back in any room. We do have a regret. That is that we did not change over years earlier. It is a little pain to make the change but very very well worth it.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Default Leaving Comcast the worst

I'm leaving Comcast the worst ever. After months of trying to straighten bill I gave up and decided to just pay. Even the late fee! Then they posted the payment on my Illinois account, which is on vacation hold. Illinois and Florida Comcast are different companies, they do not correspond to each other They could not transfer the monies. Then they proceeded to shut off service. The only way to activate was to pay with credit card,if you talk to someone "they will increase the charges" then they are charging me for reactivation. In the meantime the IL Comcast will send me a refund check that will take 6-8 weeks.

I am changing service don't no where yet but definitely not Comcast. The worst ever.

BTW, a suggestion, anytime you speak to Comcast,have them email what they promise. They have very short memories. And do not use the Comcast suffix on your email address, they then got you.

Also, if you do use Comcast, you do not need to sign a commitment contract, Thank goodness I did not, I would be paying the breaking a contract penalty in addition to all the aggravation. Or maybe this will be another case of short memory on their part.

I wish Brighthouse went north of 466A. Any suggestions?
Old 01-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Platinum member

comcast cut out on me when I was using the phone. internet stopped, thus the phone. It happens fairly frequently. I have to unplug router and reboot.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:10 AM

Our experiences have been similar to others for about a week now...intermittent freezes, some short delays, etc but returns to normal quickly, other than a prolonged problem a few days ago when it lasted several hours. Unfortunately this Op's original question has turned into another Comcast bashing which makes it harder to see if there is a broader problem with signal interruption in recent days. Comcast told me on Wednesday that they did not show any reported issues but would log my report and track others. Those that are Comcast haters, please use other posts to express your anger and stick to the question at hand so we can get Comcast to fix this problem. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:24 AM

Good luck. Have Comcast triple play. Many problems with internet and phone that have plagued us for months. Even wrote letter to Comcast VP about problems. Sadly cable does not have enough competition to make them earn their revenues. Our TV has worked ok except for one time when service was shut off for no particular reason. Interested in knowing what people think of Century Link for cable and phone.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Send a message via AIM to Mickedamouse24
Default Comcst Price Increase!

Along with the really bad service, I noticed a $12 increase on my bill received in the mail yesterday...!!!! Always something hidden on that statement!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.