Why don't people use their turn signals?

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Founder
Default Why don't people use their turn signals?

I have never seen anything like it. Lots of people just don't use their turn signals. These are not stupid people. Don't they realize that not signaling your intentions is dangerous. I see it in the traffic circles all the time. Is there anything that can be done? Is it my imagination?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Default Re: Why don't people use their turn signals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
I have never seen anything like it. Lots of people just don't use their turn signals. These are not stupid people. Don't they realize that not signaling your intentions is dangerous. I see it in the traffic circles all the time. Is there anything that can be done? Is it my imagination?
They stop working once a Florida Drivers License is purchased!! Sad to say it is very dangerous for the operators of the vehicle as well as others.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:53 PM

After hearing stories of folks getting tickets for not using their turn signals and/or not coming to a full stop at stop signs I became awasre that I was guilty of both offenses myself. I have since made a concerted effort to use my turn signal and to come to a complete stop. I have heard the fines are not small ones for these offenses (anywhere from $85 - $125) and I have more time than money. I am also now more aware of folks who do still commit these offenses. Folks, our safty and that of our neghbors is in our own hands. Let's look out for each other and be more considerate.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I finally figured out why. Driving down a four lane section of 441, there was 5 cars in the right lane and 1 in the left. The van in the left lane was hanging about 3 car lengths behind the first car in the right lane. The second car put their direction light on to move into the left lane to pass the first car. This idiot (valid idiot sighting) i :joke:n the van, sped up flashed his lights and blew the horn trying to cut off the other car trying to pass.

Then he hung back again. The next car signaled, pulled over and the idiot did exactly the same thing again. I was car number 3, so NO signal, pulled into left lane and passed. Because I didn't give him a warning he didn't get the chance to cut me off. I most always signal my turns, :cop: :chillout: lane changes etc, BUT now I know why lots of folks don't.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm pretty good about using my signals but not in the roundabouts. The exits are too close together in most of them. It seems I either have to turn it on too soon and have people think I'm exiting when I'm not or I turn it on and I'm at the exit before it gets a chance to even blink once. Then, there's the roundabouts that I don't know and I'm not sure which is my exit until I'm almost on top of it. But I do have a tendency to scare people in the roundabouts -- I use arm signals!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

Think most of them are too lazy, or think it isn't necessary. They may think that everyone else knows where they are going.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Eternal Member

I don't understand the issue. When I left Virginia to move to TV, I turned my right turn signal on and it's been on ever since. I thought it was required a a certain age.

:hot:
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

then there are those that have their signals on for miles and miles and then eventually turn usually in the other direction, like my daddy used to say, "it's always something" (now tell me who used to say this), first with the right answer gets a free ice cream at Brusters..
Old 01-15-2008, 02:54 AM
Sage

Roseanne Roseannadanna (hope spelling doesn't count)

played by the late Gilda Radner on Saturday Night live.

Meet you at Brusters?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Its a tax issue guys....
When I filed for Florida car license they asked if I had turn signals......to which I asked "why" .They said , well, if you do have them the price is $175.00 and if you don't then its $150.00 .....We feel that it is safer for our seniors to pick one lane and stay in it rather than zipping all over the highway...Needless to say for $25 bucks I headed for the parking lot and promptly broke off the handle....Not only did I save money , I also recieved a letter from the governor .congratulating me on being a conscientious driver ....I LOVE IT HERE....
bee line Fumar ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 01-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Eternal Member

Took my car in for service. One guy sat in the driver seat, the other stood behind the car. Guy in the car hit the brakes and asked if the brake lights worked. Guy in the back yelled, "Yeah." Guy in the car flipped the turn signal on and asked if the turn signal lights worked. Guy in the back yelled, "Yeah . . . Nope . . . Yeah . .. Nope. . . Yeah" I left then. wav
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 PM

It's probably that the driver is on the phone and can't turn the signal switch with the left hand or they have discovered that the use of the turn signal has a direct impact on their electric bill. :joke:
Old 01-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Sage

Fumar,

Were you ever a stand up comedian??? If not, you missed your calling! 1rnfl

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

v07, you are correct sir, I've been wanting to go to Brusters for weeks, when do you want to go??
Old 01-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Eternal Member

This is not a Villages or Florida thing. In NJ, if you turn your turn signal on to make a move into an available space, everyone in the lane you want to get into will move up so there will be no space. Without the turn signal you can slip into the vacant space.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.