Why? Honest question…..

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2022, 03:16 PM
Default Why? Honest question…..

Saturday I was at the Brownwood Paddock Square with some family and friends for the Christmas tree lighting. The place was absolutely packed. Thousands of people were in the square. The bleacher seating area was full, the chairs were full, the dance floor was full, the blocked off area for vendors around the square was packed with people. So serious question….why do you insist on bringing your very large dog to this ‘packed with people’ event? Now before you accuse me of not liking dogs, I love dogs! I have a dog but would never take him to a crowed event like I was at Saturday and would love to know why you feel you have to bring your dog or dogs to this type of event. If it is a service dog that is one thing but I saw dogs there the size of goat or a small horse and they were not service dogs. I really don’t think dogs care one bit about the ‘lighting of a big Christmas tree’! I have discussed this with a number of people and for the life of us we can’t come up with why people do this. So please enlighten me….why do you bring your dog to a jam packed people event?
Old 11-28-2022, 03:25 PM
Veteran member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy1 View Post
Saturday I was at the Brownwood Paddock Square with some family and friends for the Christmas tree lighting. The place was absolutely packed. Thousands of people were in the square. The bleacher seating area was full, the chairs were full, the dance floor was full, the blocked off area for vendors around the square was packed with people. So serious question….why do you insist on bringing your very large dog to this ‘packed with people’ event? Now before you accuse me of not liking dogs, I love dogs! I have a dog but would never take him to a crowed event like I was at Saturday and would love to know why you feel you have to bring your dog or dogs to this type of event. If it is a service dog that is one thing but I saw dogs there the size of goat or a small horse and they were not service dogs. I really don’t think dogs care one bit about the ‘lighting of a big Christmas tree’! I have discussed this with a number of people and for the life of us we can’t come up with why people do this. So please enlighten me….why do you bring your dog to a jam packed people event?
and to lowes, walmart,restaunts and any place they can get away with.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
How do you know they were not service dogs?
Old 11-28-2022, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
and to lowes, walmart,restaunts and any place they can get away with.
Lowes allows dogs. A number of restaurants allow dogs on the outdoor patios. Dogs are allowed at the squares.

Last edited by JSR22; 11-28-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,010 Times in 5,317 Posts

Some people think dogs are their children and most always be with them
Old 11-28-2022, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Because a dog never gets angry with you or tells you what you can’t do.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

So at Marshals, dog in cart drinking water from a bowl owner took off the shelf. Lady told the manger I have to bring my dog everywhere if I don’t

“He will ignore me for a week, and refuse to be in the same room”.

Thinking dog is good, but owner should not be out by themselves, if she truly believes the dog would ignore her for a week. Bet if she missed one feeding, dog would be right beside her.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
How do you know they were not service dogs?
Because a service dog has a vest on that says ‘service dog’ and none of these had on a vest.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Lowes allows dogs. A number of restaurants allow dogs on the outdoor patios. Dogs are -ermiied at the squares.
What does ‘ermiied’ mean???
Old 11-28-2022, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Because a service dog has a vest on that says ‘service dog’ and none of these had on a vest.
You are incorrect. Service dogs are not required to wear a vest. Actually, most of the dogs wearing a vest are not service dogs. The owners buy them on the internet
Old 11-28-2022, 04:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
What does ‘ermiied’ mean???
allowed lol
Old 11-28-2022, 05:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,030 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:

Gee, this is a novel post & discussion. I don't think it's been brought up on this page, in at least a week or two.

& people bring their dogs, for the same reason people bring their grandchildren ... gets them out of the house, they get some exercise, they're not at home, playing video games and like my Mom always said when she was throwing me out of the house ... "the fresh air will do you good" !
Old 11-28-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Lowes allows dogs. A number of restaurants allow dogs on the outdoor patios. Dogs are allowed at the squares.
I am not saying they are not allowed, I’m asking, seriously, what is the reasoning for bringing a large dog or any dog to an event that is elbow to elbow with people? Would love to hear the ‘why’ from people who actually do this….bring their dog to an event like Saturday night at Brownwood that thousands of people are at and there is limited space.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,584 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Gee, this is a novel post & discussion. I don't think it's been brought up on this page, in at least a week or two.

& people bring their dogs, for the same reason people bring their grandchildren ... gets them out of the house, they get some exercise, they're not at home, playing video games and like my Mom always said when she was throwing me out of the house ... "the fresh air will do you good" !
This is a good point. I believe, one of the benefits of The Villages, is getting out of the house, being active. Active could mean golfing, playing pickleball or walking around the square.
If taking Fido to the lighting ceremony gets Mrs Habberdashery (fictitious name) out of the house, then that’s good.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:58 PM

Quote:
You are incorrect. Service dogs are not required to wear a vest. Actually, most of the dogs wearing a vest are not service dogs. The owners buy them on the internet
True….service dogs don’t HAVE to wear a vest identifying them as such but many do. Also you could tell they weren’t service dogs because they would get distracted, bark and their owner was allowing people to pet and talk to their dog. THAT is a pet not a service dog.
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, people, dog, event, full

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.