Why I stopped playing golf

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
The governor made the law. He is no medical expert like Dr Fauci is. If the governor would follow Dr Fauci’s advice there would be no extra activities such as golf or gathering at churches. So you can follow the letter of the law but then who do you blame if you come down with the virus? The government? Yourself? Do what you want but if you get the virus I wish you well and hope it does not become too serious for you. It’s not the flu. Good luck to you.
I don't recall Tony Fauci addressing the issue of golf, but he might have.

The overwhelming majority of states with stay at home orders allow golf. And btw, I would blame the virus.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I don't recall Tony Fauci addressing the issue of golf, but he might have.

The overwhelming majority of states with stay at home orders allow golf. And btw, I would blame the virus.

Well, I would blame the Chinese then the people who traveled and brought it here. Why blame the victim? They get punished enough.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Picking on no individual - will blaming somebody save your life. Driving the car out of the rear view mirror is a sure way of you causing an accident.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Picking on no individual - will blaming somebody save your life. Driving the car out of the rear view mirror is a sure way of you causing an accident.
We must drive by looking back. "those who do not learn from history, are doomed to relive it" Santayna
Old 04-05-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbajeda View Post
You could get hit by lightning. You could be swallowed up in a sinkhole. An idiot golfer could kill you with an errant drive. Your golf cart could explode. God could just say "Come see me." Like Ben Franklin said, the only sure things are death and taxes. If you're willing to live your life in fear of infinitesimal chances of getting the virus, then do so. Reasonable precautions will also protect you. When playing, don't touch anything not yours, like the ball washers. After playing, leave everything in the cart but your clothes and you. When inside, put your clothes in the hamper and wash your face and hands (or shower if you feel the need).
Hmmm...Do your clothes magically wash themselves or are you potentially exposing your laundress?
Old 04-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
We must drive by looking back. "those who do not learn from history, are doomed to relive it" Santayna
There is nothing wrong with learning from an autopsy - but forward thinking in a crisis until problem solved makes much more sense. Then it's time for lessons learned for future prevention.

Last edited by rustyp; 04-05-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:54 PM

AMEN, Brother, AMEN!
Old 04-07-2020, 09:50 AM

Is your name Tommy Gainey?
Old 04-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Pine View Post
We can do without the vulgar remarks. Very inappropriate.
Aw, come on. Where is your sense of humor? Not inappropriate at all. Just some fun.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hospes444 View Post
Why is anyone still playing golf!! The healthcare workers are pleading with folks to stay home. They are literally putting their lives on the line to treat the very sick, and so many of you can't even stay off the golf course.
Shameful and selfish
It is not only you that is affected if you should become ill.
This Florida governor is going to cause the entire countries ability to heal to be delayed, due to his inadequacies. All the kids at spring break, and all the snowbirds at the Villages will be going home to other parts of the country and this illness will go on and on for months because of tens of thousands of thoughtless people
I've been disappointed in DeSantis ever since he didn't close all beaches in the state early on. We have a very wishy washy governor.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Wonder if, by quirk of fate, you picked up a golf ball with a sanitizer sheet and, while doing that, the virus--which can become aerosolized , is released into the air in front of you and it STILL gets to your face. There are so many possibilities of running into this or any virus, really, that -- if you really like living-- one would not even "think" of taking a chance.
I haven't heard about this happening. If I am reading this correctly, you are saying that the virus which is on a surface can become airborne if it is disturbed? Can this really happen? Where did you hear or read about this? By any chance, do you have a link?
Old 04-09-2020, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I've been disappointed in DeSantis ever since he didn't close all beaches in the state early on. We have a very wishy washy governor.
Maybe, but he's not alone. Cuomo wanted everything to sop yet the subways and public transportation are open. They are curtailing service because their front line workers are down with 19. Their ridership is 87% of last year. Yet they continue to run. I find it somewhat amusing that when government tries to direct behavior they are chastised, then when the don't they are chastised. I view his delay was because he had faith in people, only when they proved his faith was misplaced did he acted. Same here, pools and rec centers and recreational facilities were mostly open until we proved that we could not be trusted to follow guidance....then the guidance had to become a dictate. I won't discuss golf because closing golf would also mean the walking trails, bike rides, MMP's would also need to be closed as they have a higher possibility of spread than any golf course. Also, only 16 States have closed courses, just in case anyone thinks we are an island.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
risk, virus, golf, low, doctor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.