Why move from paradise?

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Pete
Default Why move from paradise?

I have been reading the posts here for quite awhile and have seen so many positives about living in TV. Yet lately there have been a lot of posts about people moving out of TV.,(Things for sale because they are moving)I guess what I'm asking is--why are people LEAVING this Paradise?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Why move from paradise?

Could be they're dying to buy my house in Atlanta.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I doubt many move because they want to. I know of some who have had to move due to financial reasons -- their original home never sold, their investments took a bad turn .... At least one couple is moving to go back to take care of their parents who do not want to leave their original homes. One woman is moving from my neighborhood because tornadoes terrify her and the last tornado warning was it for her.

The reality is that TV is not for everyone. It does have a Big Brother feel at times and that's hard for us progressive/liberals to take. While there are many wonderful people, there are some that are very small-minded (don't like renters, snowbirds, etc.) and they don't mind speaking their feelings no matter who it might hurt. My second time playing bridge at one of the rec centers sent me right back home and I haven't been willing to try again for fear someone else will beat me up because I haven't immediately bought a home but would rather take my time and make sure this is the right fit for me.

Some of the ads of things for sale are because they are moving is not that they are moving out of TV but rather because they are moving to a different house/villa in TV and their present furniture doesn't quite fit the new house.

Hope this helps a little.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Death, finances, family reasons and a few other minor considerations would seem to cover the gamut of why folks move.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage

There are currently 65,000+ residents of TV.

It is quite normal for 1% of ANY population of ANY city to be on the move at ANY time. That means 650 people (probably 350 homes) would be for sale in TV as resales. Is it more than that?

If so it might be that the population is older (duh!) and therefore more deaths than an average town. The people that i know in TV have no intentions of moving.

Pete - Do you have some stats that show a huge discrepencicy in the number of moves from a normal town?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:22 PM

some folks also decide after a while that they're not getting their monies worth out of the amenities fee and move to nearby communities and just come back to play golf with friends.eat shop and dance on the squares.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Eternal Member

Some people cannot take being away from their family (sons, daughters, grandkids) and move back to where they came from.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 PM

Also, many people move to either larger or smaller houses within the villages.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Veteran member

The woman who left because of tornados? There aren't many places she can go. Tornadic activity is everywhere...Connecticut experienced a number of torandos and "microbursts" while we lived there. About the only place I know where you don't get tornadic activity is in the desert areas of the southwest...............
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.