Why no cement lining the paths south of 44?

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2022, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Not sure exactly what you're talking about, but the MMP paths north of 44 do not have cement “curbs”.
They are at the same level as the grass, so the golf carts can pull up onto the grass.
We’ve all seen carts pulled over.
They might have curbs around the circles or the underpasses.
I'm not referring to "curbs". These are cement "ribbons" that line each side of the MM Paths. The cement is the same level as the asphalt but the cement does not allow the grass to infiltrate it, therefore, the asphalt remains grass free.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Some do have the cement edging and since you admit you haven't been it might be wise to take a trip to find out for yourself. There are many long stretches of just asphalt, but not all.
One of my mantras has always been, "never say never" and "never say all". I imagine you are correct about that. Some paths have the cement ribbons and some don't. Thing is, north of 44, I have not seen a MMP that does not have a cement ribbon protecting the asphalt.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Gee, I would have to ask my sister. I know they don't walk when they take their golf cart rides down south and I would imagine she is driving on the golf cart paths.

Come to think of it......the most recent walking path in the northern section is the path that begins at the Lake Miona Rec Center. I haven't been on that path yet but wondering if that path is just asphalt with no cement ribbons. Anyone know?
You mean this one;

https://www.**************.com/2022/...-narrow-width/
Old 12-04-2022, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
The link is blocked with ********* but I think I have read that thread. There are many complaints that this new walking path is too narrow.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
The link is blocked with ********* but I think I have read that thread. There are many complaints that this new walking path is too narrow.
Correct. Several articles in the online news that we can’t mention.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
What is to jump to conclusion. There is no cement ribbon lining each side of the MM Paths down south. That is something one is able to see. Sis says the paths look awful and I believe her.
Not sure where she is driving but I’m on the MMP’s south of 44 every day. I live north of the turnpike and pretty sure I’ve been on all MMP’s on my side and I drive to the south side for golf or to eat several times a week. I’ve never noticed any MMP’s that look “awful”. Some have concrete ribbons, some don’t. I’d be interested where your sister has seen paths that look awful.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:51 AM

Not sure I agree with "sis" if she is talking about MM paths. I ride the MMP north of 44 every day to Odell Circle and I do not see any cement ribbons on the MMPs. We stop at the dog area just south of Hillsborough all the time and pull our cart right up on the grass with everyone else without crossing any cement border.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maistocars View Post
Not sure I agree with "sis" if she is talking about MM paths. I ride the MMP north of 44 every day to Odell Circle and I do not see any cement ribbons on the MMPs. We stop at the dog area just south of Hillsborough all the time and pull our cart right up on the grass with everyone else without crossing any cement border.
??? Where is there a dog park just south of Hillsborough? If you mean the one near the Wiechens Preserve, that is Moyer Loop. The concrete ribbons are clearly visible along the MMP at Morse and Moyer Loop in google maps.I

In general, the ribbons seem to be present north of 44 and in the Fenney area but not in the area between 44 and the Turnpike.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 12-04-2022, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Guilty as charged. And to think......someone once said (on this forum) that the folks north of 44 are jealous of the folks who live in the south. LOL.
It still baffles me why someone who doesn’t live south of 44, probably never visits south of 44 feels the need to bash everything south of 44 every chance he gets.

It might not be jealousy but it sure looks like some sort of personal insecurity.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-04-2022, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
What is to jump to conclusion. There is no cement ribbon lining each side of the MM Paths down south. That is something one is able to see. Sis says the paths look awful and I believe her.
“Infrastructure on the cheap is what is happening down south.”coffee bean.

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 12-04-2022 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Most from people that haven’t walked the path.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
It still baffles me why someone who doesn’t live south of 44, probably never visits south of 44 feels the need to bash everything south of 44 every chance he gets.

It might not be jealousy but it sure looks like some sort of personal insecurity.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post

Well said.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:37 PM

There is nothing at all that looks terrible or awful down here. It looks different from the north of 44 areas, but different doesn’t equal awful. To those who don’t like the look of it, the simple solution is to stay up north. This whole thread is BS and just seems like pot stirring from someone who has no skin in the game in the south of 44 area. Why the obsession with something that doesn’t need to concern them is a great question though .
Old 12-04-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Sis is wrong. The paths down here are perfectly fine.
Closed Thread

Tags
paths, cement, south, grass, asphalt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.