Why O why & Why O why???

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2019, 12:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts
Default Why O why & Why O why???

Why do people support the Developer / TV Concept,

and

Why do other people appear to want to negative and have a dislike for TV/The Developer???

So many times, threads get off of the OP's topic and turn into a debate on The Developers, The Villages' concept, personal attacks against the Developers and the personal support of the Developers.

The Moderators will give us some room here, but let's see if we can flush some of the thoughts / logic out prior to this thread being locked down.

Me????.................I have a lot of respect for the business people who risk their financial well being to develop/create something. ie: The Wright Brothers; Bill Gates; Ben Franklin; John Baird; Delbert Webb: Harley Davidson; as examples. Some got very rich, some did not. To me, that's the American Way.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

IMHO

Why do people support the Developer / TV Concept? - because it supplies a nice, easy life-style

Why do other people appear to want to be negative and have a dislike for TV/The Developer? - jealousy
Old 05-15-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage

We looked at many places to retire. I never thought I would leave San Diego County, but it got so crowded and gang troubles made the decision easier. I am an avid golfer, but my wife is not. So many places we looked at were centered around a golf course(s) and a clubhouse. Great for me, not for her. On a trip to visit my son in Sarasota, we decided to look here and found a community that certainly filled my golfing expectations but most importantly provided the abundance of activities to fulfill those of my wife.

We’ve been here 13 years and appreciate what the
Morse family has built as they have built a community that has opportunities for many interests. Further, they live here as well and show no intent to leave. Yes, they remain in control either directly or through the central CDDs, but their record is largely positive.

So, I do appreciate the developer and what they’ve created for us to purchase a home and a lifestyle. I do also support those who watch out for the residents as this community grows.

Why do some appear negative? One thought is that the place seems like a resort to some instead of a community. In a resort, you tend to feel the owner should provide for your expectations, and I think some residents feel the developer is not doing that for them.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:25 PM
Sage

Negative posters do not like successful &/or rich people......probably posters' self inadequacies.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Negative posters do not like successful &/or rich people......probably posters' self inadequacies.
I agree 100%.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:09 PM

Maybe the complainers don't have the guts to put their own money on the line when starting a business.
I know a few business owners and most don't turn a real profit for quite some time after starting out.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:34 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default A truly simple answer

Quote:
Why do people support the Developer / TV Concept,

and

Why do other people appear to want to negative and have a dislike for TV/The Developer???

So many times, threads get off of the OP's topic and turn into a debate on The Developers, The Villages' concept, personal attacks against the Developers and the personal support of the Developers.

The Moderators will give us some room here, but let's see if we can flush some of the thoughts / logic out prior to this thread being locked down.

Me????.................I have a lot of respect for the business people who risk their financial well being to develop/create something. ie: The Wright Brothers; Bill Gates; Ben Franklin; John Baird; Delbert Webb: Harley Davidson; as examples. Some got very rich, some did not. To me, that's the American Way.

People are people.
Some of the ones you mention. The Wright Brothers-most know or think they know that they were bicycle mechanics.
At the time, even today building a bicycle required engineering, machining as well as manufacturing and sales. One of the key things the Wright Brothers did was to make their engine out of aluminum rather than cast iron, steel etc. At the time aluminum was both rare and expensive. Perhaps same as today, after their first flight the Wright Brothers attempted to sell to the military.

Ben Franklin was apprenticed to his brother-A CODE OF HONOR.
Ben Franklin learned quickly as he was very bright but he broke his father's contract of honor and quit the terms of his apprenticeship. It is interesting that he has a reputation as a ladies man. HUM it was not due to his looks.

As far as the developer. My opinion as I read these threads, few comprehend what it takes to run this place. People being people will/do complain. It is clearly RARE that people who complain have a solution to the problem. I for one regularly wonder what this place would be like if the INMATES were running it.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM

I'm waiting for the negative posters to post.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Platinum member

Because people suck .

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 05-15-2019, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by it's hot there View Post
i'm waiting for the negative posters to post.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
That's a pretty negative post, right there. Shaming people you've never met on a forum created to benefit the community in which you live...
Old 05-15-2019, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

If it wasn't for negativity...TOTV wouldn't exist
It basically a place to express Villages drama I know off topic
Old 05-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Veteran member

Do some posters actually dislike the developer or are they simply tired of slavish devotion to the Morse family and the refusal to hear a bad word about them on the part of some other posters?

Is it negative for someone to remark that they found the evening with the developer to be boring, or not to like The Sun, or to wish for different/more amenities? People can enjoy living here and admire all that's been accomplished but still have a few gripes.

Telling everyone who has a complaint that they're free to leave is the real negativity, IMO.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

Closed Thread

Tags
people, developers, support, developer, personal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.