Why O why & Why O why???

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
That's a pretty negative post, right there. Shaming people you've never met on a forum created to benefit the community in which you live...

Not really. It could be a reason for negativity.

If you re-read the OP = "Why do other people appear to want to negative and have a dislike for TV/The Developer???"

The post responds to the OP.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Negative posters do not like successful &/or rich people......probably posters' self inadequacies.
Right on! Good post! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Old 05-15-2019, 07:53 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I give The Developer a lot of credit. The Morse family's built an impressive community. They have every right to make a profit.
I get tired of people who complain that "Da Developer" only cares about the money. They feel that The Developer should pay for or fix everything. I don't think people understand what it takes to develop and maintain something like this.
But mostly I don't understand if people have such disdain for an entity that they feel is only in it for the money, why do they stay?
I worked for a large corporation and there were people who constantly complained about "the company/management." I always wondered why they worked there? No one is holding a gun to your head... go somewhere that is a better fit. If you're not willing to do that... then why are you complaining??
Old 05-15-2019, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

What’s the difference between an opinion one doesn’t agree with and shaming? I see the negative comments as the former myself.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

When I was a young, just promoted squaddie, I asked my old sergeant why the lads were always bitching and complaining.
"Thats good," he said, "they are still listening, and doing what you say. Start worrying, and watch your back when they stop!"
Carried that advice right through my working life. So true.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The Developer could give every household $1000 and some would complain.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post

Old 05-16-2019, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Come on! The mean tightwad should make it $2000
Old 05-16-2019, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Negative posters do not like successful &/or rich people......probably posters' self inadequacies.
I totally disagree. I am financially very well off, and I am not at all jealous of the developer. But I think businesses have certain responsibilities particularly when you create a place for retired people who have sunk much of their savings and uprooted their lives to live in the place you have developed. The developer has created expectations and made promises, and they need to be held accountable. For example, this place is heavily advertised as a golf community, and the overall condition of the golf courses is sub-par. That is inexcusable in my opinion. There are other examples, (I'm thinking of the $40 million class action lawsuit where the Developer mis-used amenity fees) but the point is, the actions of the Developer have been less than stellar in certain situations and residents have a right to be unhappy and need to pay attention so they aren't taken advantage of.

Last edited by Love2Swim; 05-16-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I totally disagree. I am financially very well off, and I am not at all jealous of the developer. But I think businesses have certain responsibilities particularly when you create a place for retired people who have sunk much of their savings and uprooted their lives to live in the place you have developed. The developer has created expectations and made promises, and they need to be held accountable. For example, this place is heavily advertised as a golf community, and the overall condition of the golf courses is sub-par. That is inexcusable in my opinion. There are other examples, (I'm thinking of the $40 million class action lawsuit where the Developer mis-used amenity fees) but the point is, the actions of the Developer have been less than stellar in certain situations and residents have a right to be unhappy and need to pay attention so they aren't taken advantage of.

Thanks.

Interesting.

Have you played the Country Clubs lately????.........the conditions are far from sub-par. Sometimes the condition slips on a CC course once-in-a-while, but it's addressed. I enjoy the courses.

Mis-use of fees is never stellar. But the thread is really for the people who are constantly negative towards the Developer........no matter what. "You" know who they are. Just wondering why.

Thanks for the post.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The Glass is Half Empty, The Glass is Half Full! There is no way that at our advanced ages that anyone will ever Change, Much!

That being said I find it hard to believe that anyone would have any kind of grudge or Negative feeling toward anyone who put an Operation Like this together. If it's because of Jealousy then some kind of Professional Counseling should help you find the answers you seek. Don't forget for a minute that This Wonderful Family didn't twitch their nose like Samantha on Bewitched and all of this just appeared. Any Business Owner can tell you that they had many sleepless nights while building their business. They paid their dues.

We are entirely grateful to everyone who put this entire deal together. Not only The Morse Family. They have many devoted employees who actually care about the way we live. What a Superior way of life this is over any that we've been personally exposed to or told about. I rest my case for my Support Side of the Story!

For those who don't support all those that I mentioned or who find it necessary to speak of the people as Da Family which I take as a derogatory term, a shot to tie them to negative connotations of the mob, I feel sorry for you for missing out on the Best Way To Spend $150 A Month And Feel Great About It. If Da Family was used in a Joking Way, I Apologize for my thoughts. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and Spew Venom. I wonder if that would be said Face to Face if the Opportunity ever Arose.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Why do people support the Developer / TV Concept,

and

Why do other people appear to want to negative and have a dislike for TV/The Developer???

So many times, threads get off of the OP's topic and turn into a debate on The Developers, The Villages' concept, personal attacks against the Developers and the personal support of the Developers.

The Moderators will give us some room here, but let's see if we can flush some of the thoughts / logic out prior to this thread being locked down.

Me????.................I have a lot of respect for the business people who risk their financial well being to develop/create something. ie: The Wright Brothers; Bill Gates; Ben Franklin; John Baird; Delbert Webb: Harley Davidson; as examples. Some got very rich, some did not. To me, that's the American Way.

My opinion is that at the macro level most people support TV concepts...in fact most people give high praise to it.

My opinion is also that what we refer to as negative comments comes much more at the micro level....things that directly affect them....long lines at the pickle ball courts, some road conditions, classes too full, and one that really is stepping into a hot bed by mentioning is the condition of the executives courses.

So in summary, I think the positives towards TV concepts are at a macro level and most of the negatives comes from the micro level. Some would equate those negatives as being negative towards tv concepts and the developer personally when in reality they are not at all.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shbullet View Post
My opinion is that at the macro level most people support TV concepts...in fact most people give high praise to it.

My opinion is also that what we refer to as negative comments comes much more at the micro level....things that directly affect them....long lines at the pickle ball courts, some road conditions, classes too full, and one that really is stepping into a hot bed by mentioning is the condition of the executives courses.

So in summary, I think the positives towards TV concepts are at a macro level and most of the negatives comes from the micro level.

As an Economist, I appreciate your prospective.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Sage

I always say, "where were you when the developer went to the bank to borrow large sums of money"?, before they even knew TV would be wildly successful. This was nothing but watermelon farms and pastures and the developer had the vision to build what I would call a paradise. Is it perfect? No, but it's awfully close.

Who's to say how one is raised, to view life as a positive experience or to feel as if the other shoe is ready to drop.

I for one, am glad the developer had children/grandchilren, who plan on staying here and keep this place in immaculate condition.

I prefer to look at the positives as I never have lived in a place that runs like clockwork.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Veteran member

I agree, most of the criticism here is aimed at very specific issues in TV, not TV as a whole. Some people will throw in negative comments that are based in Jealousy, but we all know who they are and should ignore them.
If you want Negative, go on the Facebook pages dedicated to TV - there it is mostly people from out of state and locals around Lady Lake and from surrounding retirement communities - and they are horribly negative. Just bashing.
I actually dropped off of a few they were just so bad.
Ed
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
people, developers, support, developer, personal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.