Why O why  &  Why O why???

Why O why & Why O why???

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Sage

Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV

It seems to me that both viewpoints have merit and I enjoy hearing from differing viewpoints. There seems to me to be no doubt that the Schwartz, Morse team had a vision for a retirement community that no one else was able to realize. Because of their vision they have built an enterprise that has attracted some 130,000 mostly happy people and enriched the family immensely. Does this mean that they are above criticism or perfect? I think not! They are like most people, they have their flaws and their blindspots, but unlike most people, they have been wildly successful, and right far more often than they are wrong. I think that they are very good at what they do, and deserve the wealth they have earned, but that when they are wrong it should be pointed out and subject to criticism or even recourse. Those that see the developers as perfect seem to me to have a huge blindspot, as do those who see them as wicked and greedy. I see them as successful entrepreneurs who have filled a huge need with a marvelous product, but with some minor flaws which should be pointed out and addressed.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I agree, most of the criticism here is aimed at very specific issues in TV, not TV as a whole. Some people will throw in negative comments that are based in Jealousy, but we all know who they are and should ignore them.
If you want Negative, go on the Facebook pages dedicated to TV - there it is mostly people from out of state and locals around Lady Lake and from surrounding retirement communities - and they are horribly negative. Just bashing.
I actually dropped off of a few they were just so bad.
Ed
Agree! By the way Im also a Packer/Bucks/Brewers fan..Born and raised in Milw and now in Caledonia for the past 10 years. We are neighbors up north!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
It seems to me that both viewpoints have merit and I enjoy hearing from differing viewpoints. There seems to me to be no doubt that the Schwartz, Morse team had a vision for a retirement community that no one else was able to realize. Because of their vision they have built an enterprise that has attracted some 130,000 mostly happy people and enriched the family immensely. Does this mean that they are above criticism or perfect? I think not! They are like most people, they have their flaws and their blindspots, but unlike most people, they have been wildly successful, and right far more often than they are wrong. I think that they are very good at what they do, and deserve the wealth they have earned, but that when they are wrong it should be pointed out and subject to criticism or even recourse. Those that see the developers as perfect seem to me to have a huge blindspot, as do those who see them as wicked and greedy. I see them as successful entrepreneurs who have filled a huge need with a marvelous product, but with some minor flaws which should be pointed out and addressed.
What a perfect response..I agree with everything you wrote.. And i must say as delighted I am with the vision and overall community and it's success, Im equally bothered when some have a problem with those that use this forum to make others aware of problems that directly affect them. Both voices need to be loud and clear and free from harsh reply s.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I mostly agree with you. However, I don't know anybody who feels the developers are perfect. I have never heard anyone say that. I think the issue is with people who see them as horrible, greedy, stupid, etc. I think those of us who are big supporters - myself included - disagree with some things they do. Small criticism are ok, condemnation is not really called for regarding people who provide such a beautiful community for us all to enjoy.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 05-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer fan View Post
i mostly agree with you. However, i don't know anybody who feels the developers are perfect. I have never heard anyone say that. I think the issue is with people who see them as horrible, greedy, stupid, etc. I think those of us who are big supporters - myself included - disagree with some things they do. Small criticism are ok, condemnation is not really called for regarding people who provide such a beautiful community for us all to enjoy.

bingo
Old 05-19-2019, 05:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thank God they created such a fabulous place to live. At least they earned every penny and then some.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:21 AM
Gold member

It seems to me that the level of problems here in The Villages is relatively minor. Compare our lifestyle with those in New York City with its high taxes and traffic, or Seattle or San Francisco with their out of control homelessness and high cost of living, or the Texas border towns who have had 250K of new uninvited citizens added to their communities this year already, and the Morse family's push for growth seems minor so far. Even with the push south, TV is still a great place to live.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
It seems to me that the level of problems here in The Villages is relatively minor. Compare our lifestyle with those in New York City with its high taxes and traffic, or Seattle or San Francisco with their out of control homelessness and high cost of living, or the Texas border towns who have had 250K of new uninvited citizens added to their communities this year already, and the Morse family's push for growth seems minor so far. Even with the push south, TV is still a great place to live.

Sure is!
Old 05-19-2019, 10:01 AM

Thanks for your comments. I owned small business for over thirty years so I can appreciate what the developers have done and continue to do here. After one "lifestyle weekend" I was sold on this place, bought a house and moved here two years ago. The Villages is expertly planned, beautifully landscaped, and meticulously maintained. I don't play golf but thoroughly enjoy the restaurants, music, and car scenes here.

I read the local forums and it seems that some people just try to THINK up stuff to complain about. Sure, there's room for improvement in some areas, but one would be hard pressed to find a better retirement community with a range of home prices and enforcement of covenants and rules. This, along with gated neighborhoods and security patrols, keeps crime low and property values high. Having always had large lots with either woods, water, or golf courses in my back yard, I was concerned about the close proximity of the houses here but this is the quietest, safest place I've ever lived. Developers, please keep up the good work!
Old 05-23-2019, 05:56 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Why do people support the Developer / TV Concept,

and

Why do other people appear to want to negative and have a dislike for TV/The Developer???

So many times, threads get off of the OP's topic and turn into a debate on The Developers, The Villages' concept, personal attacks against the Developers and the personal support of the Developers.

The Moderators will give us some room here, but let's see if we can flush some of the thoughts / logic out prior to this thread being locked down.

Me????.................I have a lot of respect for the business people who risk their financial well being to develop/create something. ie: The Wright Brothers; Bill Gates; Ben Franklin; John Baird; Delbert Webb: Harley Davidson; as examples. Some got very rich, some did not. To me, that's the American Way.

Where are the Negative / Dislikers ????................The thread has been up for a week and the Debbie-Downers still have not told their side of the story. I know you are out there.

Closed Thread

Tags
people, developers, support, developer, personal