Litterbugs

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2021, 06:51 PM
Default Litterbugs

Watched a lady (passenger) in a golf cart throw food wrappers into a sewer on the way by and then go to the Mail box for her mail with her friend. YOU are a litterbug.

Been seeing pear cores (or other fruit cores) placed on the tops of the poles entering/leaving modal paths. YOU are just a slob to be nice.

Both of these people are slobs littering in our community as well as any other that purposely litters. If I see you again (or any other ) I will follow you, take pictures of you and where you live, and post it on any and all social media sites I can for all to see so they will know what you are.

I live here, this is my community. Willing to bet most of us don't want any littering slobs here. So, for all that agree with me, keep an eye out and speak up about it.

For those whom are the slobs, leave. most of us don't want you here. If you want to live in a dumpy place, go there. Don't bring your bad habits here.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:40 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

These are the "Elite" residents of TV, they are exempt from rules and regulations and you cannot hurt their feelings by posting photos as they would welcome the notoriety.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,454 Times in 3,085 Posts

Pear cores thrown on the ground (on the grass, by the side of the road, etc) is no big deal. Put on top of a barrier at a golf path is absolutely slobbish and gross. Candy wrappers, plastic cups, unwanted mail - dropped on the ground, is equally gross. Even moreso considering there are trash bins scattered throughout the villages, if you are truly that selfish that you can't stand to dispose of your own unwanted stuff in your own garbage pail in your own house, you should at least find one of the public ones and toss your trash in them instead.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We have noticed much more fresh garbage thrown around the area around The Bridge coming over to the Historic Area. Buena Vista was heavily littered from 466 towards The Savanah today. What the hell is going on? Cut the Crap. If you ever litter in front of us I hope it's something tasty cause I'm gonna feed it to ya! We moved away from an area where littering was more acceptable. We love the way it was here before. Nice and clean. It is our home you know? Wake up!
Old 06-11-2021, 11:09 PM

Best of luck with the shaming.

Slobs are slobs and always will be slobs. They have little respect for anything. And they don't care.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:26 AM
Veteran member

The worst is someone’s nasty face mask.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
Many people have remarked how much better I look when wearing one!
Old 06-12-2021, 05:11 AM
Default Slobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
These are the "Elite" residents of TV, they are exempt from rules and regulations and you cannot hurt their feelings by posting photos as they would welcome the notoriety.
They won’t welcome notoriety if they get fined and all their neighbors find out they are littering.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:05 AM
Veteran member

What is described sounds, unfortunately, like it was done by a resident. They need to stop being slobs and take some pride in their community. Maybe consider what TV would look like if all residents were slobs. Another concern I have is with the fast food wrapper and beverage container discards along the roads that I have been seeing lately. These I believe may be more the work of vendors, tradesmen or TV contract employees. Should be a way of reporting that when seen
Old 06-12-2021, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
Face masks discarded in parking lots just outside stores by slobs……and left there by store. At least have someone sweep them up (Winn-Dixie, Publix, etc)
Old 06-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Veteran member

Pear cores on poles, actually the birds can spot them better as food. But I'm sure that's not the reason people do that. Perhaps you need to talk to your CCD to put up a few songs that talk about the fines for littering and that there are cameras specifically to catch people even if there aren't kind of like the fake speed traps with empty police cars
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
Best of luck with the shaming.

Slobs are slobs and always will be slobs. They have little respect for anything. And they don't care.
Oh contraire. Socially stigmatizing a-holes can do wonders. Get enough people to say something (the right way) can and does affect behavior.
Default Litterbugs

What I find most discussing are the little plastic bags full of dog poop thrown into the gutter or adjacent grass.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-timer View Post
Watched a lady (passenger) in a golf cart throw food wrappers into a sewer on the way by and then go to the Mail box for her mail with her friend. YOU are a litterbug.

Been seeing pear cores (or other fruit cores) placed on the tops of the poles entering/leaving modal paths. YOU are just a slob to be nice.

Both of these people are slobs littering in our community as well as any other that purposely litters. If I see you again (or any other ) I will follow you, take pictures of you and where you live, and post it on any and all social media sites I can for all to see so they will know what you are.

I live here, this is my community. Willing to bet most of us don't want any littering slobs here. So, for all that agree with me, keep an eye out and speak up about it.

For those whom are the slobs, leave. most of us don't want you here. If you want to live in a dumpy place, go there. Don't bring your bad habits here.
I personally have no problem with taking ones picture and posting anywhere I can, to get them the "notoriety" they apparently desire.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:43 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,072 Times in 429 Posts

Better yet...if you witness a blatant littering, follow him/her home. Then later, deliver their trash, along with any other you can collect, to their front door.
Closed Thread

Tags
live, slobs, cores, community, littering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.