Will my new dryer fit my laundry room?

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2021, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts
Default Will my new dryer fit my laundry room?

I am trying to learn whether a new dryer will fit into my laundry room.

I am looking at replacing my washer and dryer. I have a Begonia with a laundry room in the entryway from the garage. The new dryers all seem to be 32" deep and want 5" clearance in the rear for a total of 37". The measurement from the wall to the door molding is 32" and to the door is 34" so clearly 37" will not fit. However, there is a cutout for the dryer exhaust that might provide the 5" the installation guide wants.

Has anyone had a new dryer installed recently and can tell me that this will work?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-15-2021, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP, you probably need to discuss directly with the manufacturer or the local store that sells this model. The big question is does the dryer outlet LINE UP with the cutout in the wall for the exhaust. If so then I believe your dryer will fit, if these are offset either vertical or horizontal that it probably will not fit.
Old 08-15-2021, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

You can buy a dryer that is less than 32 inches deep. My dryer is only 26 inches deep. The cutout in the wall is standard, and would not account for the 5 inches of rear space needed to install the vent. It would be almost impossible to install a dryer with less than about 5 inches in the rear. Also, the electric plug will use 2 inches. I would shop around for a dryer with approximately 26 inches of depth or slightly more.
Old 08-15-2021, 03:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

As mentioned the problem could be hocking up the dryer to the vent and then you might have a problem servicing the vent. Sounds like the dryer is too large and would be a problem over the years.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Thank you for the replies.

While I still like the 32" model it seems the prudent choice is to go with something smaller. Glad I asked before guessing it would work and learning I was wrong.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-16-2021, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Thank you for the replies.

While I still like the 32" model it seems the prudent choice is to go with something smaller. Glad I asked before guessing it would work and learning I was wrong.
Cut a piece of cardboard the size off the footprint and place it on the floor or on top of existing unit. see if it fits. We have a Begonia with no stretch we placed the new unit about a foot from the wall with the door. There is about 3 inches of clearance for the door to the garage to open. We lived here 11 years with no problem. We have a Samsung front load depth 31.5 with door on unit closed 27 wide.
Closed Thread

Tags
dryer, room, laundry, fit, door

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.