Why so many villas for sale in Haven Villas?

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2020, 09:16 AM
Default Why so many villas for sale in Haven Villas?

Looking at TV sales website I noticed several almost new patio Villas for sale in Haven Villas of McClure. I was curious were these bought as investments to flip or is there a problem in that area causing people to want to move after such a short time? There are also several villas in Spartan Villas of Desoto for sale. Both areas I believe back up to the same non-Villages area.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:25 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Hey could have been purchased by one investor and after one year decided to sell them. Look up the addresses on the Sumter County site and you can see if they are the same owner. I have noticed that there are a lot of used homes for sale in Desoto both designers and villas for some reason.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:06 AM
DAIII
Default Sales

I'm in the area -- the sales are individual owners who are upgrading to larger homes.

They say the avg. villager owners move 3 times.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIII View Post
I'm in the area -- the sales are individual owners who are upgrading to larger homes.

They say the avg. villager owners move 3 times.
That was my thought. My parents moved 3 times and each was an upgrade. The villa was a good first choice; they decided they wanted to stay and upgraded.
Old 04-18-2020, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranford61 View Post
Maybe it was the contaminated food trucks, the lack of connectivity, the feral hogs, proximity to Coleman Penitentiary with its loud announcements. Could be the Turnpike noise or the sporadic quarry blasting with associated earth movements. Could be the Zika death of a golfer or the hoards of skeeters, maybe the drone of constant construction. Perhaps the long drives to Brownwood and LSL or the parking problems by the pitch and putt. Who knows? Maybe just disillusioned being south of 42 and sequestered from the true Village lifestyle and referred to as fake Villagers.
Or their year is up, and they can make as much profit as possible
Old 04-19-2020, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

Maybe getting out before the rush
Old 04-19-2020, 08:10 AM
Default Investors

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Hey could have been purchased by one investor and after one year decided to sell them. Look up the addresses on the Sumter County site and you can see if they are the same owner. I have noticed that there are a lot of used homes for sale in Desoto both designers and villas for some reason.
There is a group of 5 villas in Fenney that was purchased by an investor group made up of airline employees - they formed an LLC and are renting out long term for $ 1,800 a month, 2 year fixed lease, includes cable and CDD fees, fully furnished with appliances, silverware, placeware, bedding and golf cart. The only thing the occupant pays extra is electric and gas. My bet is that they are holding and going to do a 2 year flip.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:18 AM

Probably because the Villages experience wasn’t any fun over in that area. Construction noise and dust all day along with hearing the loud speaker from Coleman prison. No golf cart bridge to get to civilization no grocery stores or maybe people just figured they bought in the wrong area? I hear they have good food trucks instead of restaurants.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Probably because the Villages experience wasn’t any fun over in that area. Construction noise and dust all day along with hearing the loud speaker from Coleman prison. No golf cart bridge to get to civilization no grocery stores or maybe people just figured they bought in the wrong area? I hear they have good food trucks instead of restaurants.
But I’ve heard the residents in that area are much more upbeat, positive and forward thinking. There’s much to be said for that.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Maybe getting out before the rush
What rush?
Old 04-19-2020, 08:32 AM
Default Will property values go down?

With so much inventory coming online, lack of travel, lifestyle visits, and no people touring open houses, the whack to 401k plans, I would bet the Developer is expelling a serious brick in anticipation of a slowdown in sales.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Construction in McClure has been completed, McClure is far from the Coleman prison and there is no noise, civilization exists south of 44 with over 7,000 residents, grocery stores are less than 10 minutes from McClure, it is less than 10 minutes to more than 20 restaurants. less than 15 minutes to Leesburg hospital, 5 minutes to the new Villages 24 hour emergency room, and in addition they have food trucks in Marsh Bend.. You need to do a little more research before posting "fake" facts.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I’m on my 5th home in villages ( Fenney) I love it over here . People have always found faults with any new area the villages builds. I have great hearing and I’ve never heard the speakers from the prison and fact is even when I have been in prison parking lot you barely hear them . There are so many people here that seem to want to drag down or belittle so much about this place .This will be a very beautiful area when they get through , just like all the others , only will be the new section until there is another. Did you think we bought out here not knowing what was going on and how much time it would take to finish up , and if you don’t live out here why criticize an area that has nothing to do with you
Old 04-19-2020, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I’m on my 5th home in villages ( Fenney) I love it over here . People have always found faults with any new area the villages builds. I have great hearing and I’ve never heard the speakers from the prison and fact is even when I have been in prison parking lot you barely hear them . There are so many people here that seem to want to drag down or belittle so much about this place .This will be a very beautiful area when they get through , just like all the others , only will be the new section until there is another. Did you think we bought out here not knowing what was going on and how much time it would take to finish up , and if you don’t live out here why criticize an area that has nothing to do with you
Amen to that Charlie, I thought the bashing would stop when Fenney was complete but there are those that are ignorant to the facts that keep on doing it. Nothing anyone says is going to stop the flood of people moving down here and many of them from villages north of 44, the natural atmosphere is so relaxing. Nothing wrong with the other villages, just different down here in a good way. In 3 weeks we'll have been in Fenney 3 years and watched it grow to thousands of residents.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:40 AM

For the record I am only stating what I know from friends that moved to Fenney and were disappointed 4 of them have moved out of Fenney 3 stayed in the villages and one moved to Del Webb. Not to mention the constant posting of dissatisfaction on the bridge issue from residents. I’ll assume that some of the replies are from village realtors defending their meal ticket. If your a resident of Fenney and my comments upset you that wasn’t my intention I was just replying to a question asked” being what I believe to be truthful.
Closed Thread

Tags
villas, sale, area, haven, problem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.