Why are the taxpayers, and not the developer, paying for the expansion of the village

Why are the taxpayers, and not the developer, paying for the expansion of the village

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Besides by the time they’re done building none of us will still be here and if we are we won’t remember this conversation. So all this back and forth is for nothing. Remember Key West is a long ways away and there’s a lot of open land between here and there. I’ll never see the end oh their building and J’m quite sure I’m not alone. As long as people are still coming they’ll keep building. My last post on this wage of time post. We’re beating a dead horse.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Besides by the time they’re done building none of us will still be here and if we are we won’t remember this conversation. So all this back and forth is for nothing. Remember Key West is a long ways away and there’s a lot of open land between here and there. I’ll never see the end oh their building and J’m quite sure I’m not alone. As long as people are still coming they’ll keep building. My last post on this wage of time post. We’re beating a dead horse.
The issue in this thread is not whether or not The Villages will massively expand. It will.

The issue here is whether or not the Developer will succeed in offloading the infrastructure costs of such massive expansion on to Sumter County taxpayers in the form of higher property taxes OR will bear those costs in the form of higher impact fees. It should be the latter approach, but the Developer's toadies on the County Commission have chosen the former-- to the detriment of all of us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Advogado For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
The issue in this thread is not whether or not The Villages will massively expand. It will.

The issue here is whether or not the Developer will succeed in offloading the infrastructure costs of such massive expansion on to Sumter County taxpayers in the form of higher property taxes OR will bear those costs in the form of higher impact fees. It should be the latter approach, but the Developer's toadies on the County Commission have chosen the former-- to the detriment of all of us.

When the E-9 talked to me about "the powers that be" I knew to back off. Advogado, ain't nuttin' you or I can do about it.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..." Why are the taxpayers, and not the developer, paying for the expansion of the village
George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
When the E-9 talked to me about "the powers that be" I knew to back off. Advogado, ain't nuttin' you or I can do about it.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..." Why are the taxpayers, and not the developer, paying for the expansion of the village
George Orwell
Let's try.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Let's try.

Windmills man.

George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 10:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
Windmills man.
To continue your analogy: I hope that, in November 2020, you see three County Commissioner windmills tilted out of office. Get out and vote.

Last edited by Advogado; 10-07-2019 at 10:53 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Advogado For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

The ************** website has jumped in on this issue, pointing out in an October 5 editorial, "Anybody in their right mind knows the Developer should be paying for these infrastructure needs through higher impact fees."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Advogado For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
The ************** website has jumped in on this issue, pointing out in an October 5 editorial, "Anybody in their right mind knows the Developer should be paying for these infrastructure needs through higher impact fees."

**************, my go to source for noteworthy opinions.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:38 AM

Don Wiley, in his most recent construction flyover post, explained this pretty well. The roads that the county is paying for are roads that existed long before the Villages were ever here. They are county roads, and as such, the county is responsible for upkeep and/or improvements to those roads. Morse Blvd, and Buena Vista did not exist before the villages, and therefore were built and paid for by the developer. What we have here is a problem with the county bragging about holding down taxes for 14 years, without any foresight or planning for future needs.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to geofitz13 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 09:43 AM
Gold member

Last edited by Velvet; 10-09-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
county, developer, impact, sumter, fee