Why are the taxpayers, and not the developer, paying for the expansion of the village

Why are the taxpayers, and not the developer, paying for the expansion of the village

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 07:17 AM

I guess I have to wonder. Of course I read it on the internet so it must be true.

At best without supporting documentation it is an opinion. I freely admit that I am new here and don't know what is going on, but I do know that there are almost always two sides to every argument. And it is very easy to look for shady reasons for something like a tax increase.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:19 AM
Gold member

Apart from marking your calendar for almost a year from now, I didn't read anywhere what you are going to do about this, Advogado?
The Following User Says Thank You to Arctic Fox For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2019, 08:02 AM

Thankfully we had moved from "Sumter County" 2 years ago.
In our 8 years there our R E Taxes went down appropriately 8 to 10%.

Why hasn't any group in "The Villages" or Resident in Sumter County contact the Attorney General about this unrepresented R E Tax restructure to benefit the "Morse Money Hungry Mogul's"?
The 5 Board members have been planted on the Board by the "Morse Money Hungry Mogul's".

Residents are being Screwed by the "Morse Money Hungry Mogul's".
Since when do Tax payers foot the bill for any Builders impact fees?
This is unheard of in any County or State in the "United States of America".

When Gary Morse was in control this was never was even a consideration.
He made it Affordable for new purchasers and residents in Sumter County.
Actually till Nov. 2018 the Sumter County R E Taxes were lowered for over 15 continuous years.
Now live with the GREED of the "Morse Money Hungry Mogul's" (Family).

How much money do they actually need?
Look up the Wealth of the Morse Family or Individually as I found this today:
"H. Gary Morse net worth: H. Gary Morse is an American entrepreneur who has a net worth of $2.5 billion. H. Gary Morse is the son of Michigan-born developer, Harold Schwartz".

Clean up "Sumter County Government" and the "Morse Money Hungry Mogul's" (Such a Shame)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geobar For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 08:18 AM

One point that everyone seems to be overlooking, or maybe not, is that all developer's costs are passed on to the buyers of the development. Impact fees, infrastructure costs, etc are in one way or another passed on to each buyer of each new house/home in the new development. Most of the time is it reflected in the higher cost of the homes and lots. In fewer cases it is passed on as a bond. Of course if all these costs were included in the price of the new homes and villas, it might make them too costly for buyers. That would slow down new home sales.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
One point that everyone seems to be overlooking, or maybe not, is that all developer's costs are passed on to the buyers of the development. Impact fees, infrastructure costs, etc are in one way or another passed on to each buyer of each new house/home in the new development. Most of the time is it reflected in the higher cost of the homes and lots. In fewer cases it is passed on as a bond. Of course if all these costs were included in the price of the new homes and villas, it might make them too costly for buyers. That would slow down new home sales.
Your point is very well taken and certainly not overlooked. That is why many existing homeowners are outraged. As you stated, "impact fees, infrastructure costs, etc are passed on to each buyer of each new house/home in the new development." You also stated that "if all these costs were included in the price of new homes and villas, it might make them too costly for buyers. That would slow down new home sales."

What you said is true, which is that impact fees for new development infrastructure are tryically paid by the buyers of the new homes in the development, because the developers pass the impact fees through in the price of the homes. The outrage here is that the developers effectively forced the impact fees to be paid by existing homeowners, allowing them to sell new homes cheaper and faster and make more money. So all Sumter county homeowners living north of 44 are subsidizing the developers profits. Personally, coming from someone with limited means, I don't particularly like subsidizing the profits of billionaires : (.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tophcfa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 09:06 AM
Sage

Been reading anti developer from the same source for many years.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
I guess I have to wonder. Of course I read it on the internet so it must be true.

At best without supporting documentation it is an opinion. I freely admit that I am new here and don't know what is going on, but I do know that there are almost always two sides to every argument. And it is very easy to look for shady reasons for something like a tax increase.
Everything said in my post is easily verifiable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Advogado For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 09:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
Everything said in my post is easily verifiable.
Are you a lawyer?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
Basic economics: Competition prevents the Developer from simply passing all his increased costs on to the buyers of new houses. The Developer would have to absorb some or all of them. This is why he has had his toadies on the County Commission raise our taxes rather than his impact fees.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Advogado For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Apart from marking your calendar for almost a year from now, I didn't read anywhere what you are going to do about this, Advogado?
If it isn't clear to you, I am going to do what I can to replace the present County Commissioners with ones who are honest, competent, and independent of the Developer. Can I count on your support in this endeavor?
Closed Thread

Tags
county, developer, impact, sumter, fee