Why are there three villages named Bridgeport

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Why are there three villages named Bridgeport

in TV? I overheard a discussion and one person said they lived in Bridgeport and then the follow up question....which one? It must generate some confusion when giving directions? Emergency vehicles?
Just curious.

btk
Old 04-07-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
in TV? I overheard a discussion and one person said they lived in Bridgeport and then the follow up question....which one? It must generate some confusion when giving directions? Emergency vehicles?
Just curious.

btk
I think the three are: Bridgeport at Lake Sumter, Bridgeport at Lake Miona, and Bridgeport at Miona Shores. Each has its own name so dont think it would be terribly confusing. All of the Bridgeport villages is on the upscale design with Premier homes, great views/locations etc. I think the developer is just trying to trade on the upscale Bridgeport name. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

jeffy
Old 04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Bridgeport was one of the poorest neighborhoods in Chicago. It became predominantly Irish (think Mayor Daley I and II). It is now one of the most ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the city. Glenview, Glenbrook, Country Club Hills, Tall Trees, and Calumet are all familiar names around Chicago. I wonder if other parts of the country share these names.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Bridgeport was one of the poorest neighborhoods in Chicago. It became predominantly Irish (think Mayor Daley I and II). It is now one of the most ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the city. Glenview, Glenbrook, Country Club Hills, Tall Trees, and Calumet are all familiar names around Chicago. I wonder if other parts of the country share these names.
Try Google. for Glenbrook there are over 900,000 hits.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Sage

Chi-Town
2bntv
I am from Bridgeport, CT. It is a big and diverse city.
I want to move to TV and in IMHO - One Bridgeport would be enough.

Joe
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.