And why are we complaining here???

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 07:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

What are we suppose to complain about, we had no damages to speak of. We ought to be counting our blessing that we don't have to complain about losing a house. Now if we didn't have any Ins. & we had 10's of thousands of dollars in damages we would have something to complain about. Someone above must of been looking down on us!
Old 09-18-2017, 07:33 AM
Sage

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's been a week and we are all alive and hopefully, getting back to normal. Cleanup continues...saw a couple of those large trucks with a crane picking up debris along Morse, water is starting to recede and the grocery stores are restocking. Might be a while before golfing is an available recreation option, but you all will find something else to do....if not, I have a few chores I need done around my house you could tackle.....
Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
Is that a complaint about complainers?
WOW, don't know what got his dandruff up, it's just an article to get peoples opinions. Either this person is just a hot head or this person just wasted his time making a comment.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's been a week and we are all alive and hopefully, getting back to normal. Cleanup continues...saw a couple of those large trucks with a crane picking up debris along Morse, water is starting to recede and the grocery stores are restocking. Might be a while before golfing is an available recreation option, but you all will find something else to do....if not, I have a few chores I need done around my house you could tackle.....
Good thread, pooh.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
I wonder how hardened the infrastructure is that a weak Cat1 cause so much havoc.
I did not realize that the purpose of the golf courses was to protect the houses....
So the golf courses are secondary?
Then should property owners who are protected by golf courses have a higher CDD amenity fee?
Or do all properties in TV drain into the courses?
I've only been a resident here 3 weeks and only played golf twice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Where did you read this?
Judging from some of the photos I've seen, some of the golf course flooding has come incredibly close to some of the golf course houses.

Gracie made the following quote on a different thread.
I've never heard this and cannot verify its validity:

"The Villages have a unique plan for handling excessive rain fall and will turn on sprinklers area wide to drain the retaining ponds to make them lower ahead of a storm.
I didn't know the golf courses would flood to save the homes. Good planning."

Tags
blessings, complaining, count, fortunate, remember

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.