Why are you up my a@@

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Default Why are you up my a@@

Coming from someone who just moved here recently and really likes TV it baffles me how people ride up your a@@ in the golf cart. My cart only goes 20 mph and I have it floored but it never fails that someone will be a foot from behind me. Sometimes I slow down so they can pass me but they seem more content just riding my a@@. Even brake checking these people don't work they seem to get a thrill riding so close behind you. One lady even had the nerve to start blowing her horn at me and when she made her move to pass me she almost hit a oncoming cart.
There must be alot of golf cart accidents ( I would love to see the stats) because the way people drive these things is scary and add in some of these golf cart lanes are so narrow there more meant for a bicycle and not a golf cart. I went over one bridge I think it was Lake Sumpter bridge and it was so narrow there is no room for error when passing oncoming carts. I can only imagine someone drunk going over this bridge at night.
So looking for solutions before I get into a fight with someone who I perceive is putting my family and I in danger.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

The bridge will not get wider and you cannot hope to stop others from drinking. Many of us are limited to 20 MPH and many are capable of faster speeds. The answer is not to think about getting in fights. Drive safely, limit your risks and enjoy.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
Coming from someone who just moved here recently and really likes TV it baffles me how people ride up your a@@ in the golf cart. My cart only goes 20 mph and I have it floored but it never fails that someone will be a foot from behind me. Sometimes I slow down so they can pass me but they seem more content just riding my a@@. Even brake checking these people don't work they seem to get a thrill riding so close behind you. One lady even had the nerve to start blowing her horn at me and when she made her move to pass me she almost hit a oncoming cart.
There must be alot of golf cart accidents ( I would love to see the stats) because the way people drive these things is scary and add in some of these golf cart lanes are so narrow there more meant for a bicycle and not a golf cart. I went over one bridge I think it was Lake Sumpter bridge and it was so narrow there is no room for error when passing oncoming carts. I can only imagine someone drunk going over this bridge at night.
So looking for solutions before I get into a fight with someone who I perceive is putting my family and I in danger.
Driving your golf cart everywhere in TV in one of the best things about living here. Unfortunately, just like with drivers on the roads, there are cart drivers that are inconsiderate, in a big hurry, or just feel they are more important than you. Not sure where you live, but there are areas in TV that are a lot less congested.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
My cart only goes 20 mph and I have it floored but it never fails that someone will be a foot from behind me.

So looking for solutions
Drive your car instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Driving your golf cart everywhere in TV in one of the best things about living here.
As I was pulling out of Evans Prarie CC this afternoon, three carts were stopped to let me drive through. Every time I drive through a gate, it seems like there is always a cart waiting to let me through. To me, it seems that driving a cart must be a pain because they are always having to stop to let cars have the right-of-way
Old 12-29-2017, 12:59 AM
Platinum member

That is so dangerous for them to do and annoying.

What I do with people like that is to put on my blinker and pull over on the grass and let them speed by.

They’re lucky they can’t read my mind on what I’m calling them as they blow by.

Last edited by patfla06; 12-29-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:51 AM

I know how you feel. I'm that guy that stops at stop signs.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I find that some people are a bit paranoid about this. I follow at a safe distance. If someone in front of me is going slower, I wait until it is safe and then pass them. Now, of course, if I decide to pass a cart, I will move up a bit closer before pulling out to pass.

However, several times I have been four or five cart lengths behind another cart when the cart in front of me will pull over and wave me past because they think that I'm too close.

I'm sure that there are people that follow too closely, but I also know that there are people who just don't want to see someone behind them no matter how far back.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
I know how you feel. I'm that guy that stops at stop signs.
You're going to get someone killed by doing that.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Don't look in the mirror. Wave them by. Enjoy your ride. Please don't get mad at Dad w/the plate "Driving Miss IsaBell". They are just enjoying the view!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Why are you up my a@@

I thought this Posting was about your recent colonoscopy...
Old 12-29-2017, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Get one of those decals for your golf cart that says "If you can read this, you are driving TOO close!" I have seen them with racier language too.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

You are enjoying your drive much more than they are. Keep you eyes straight ahead and continue to enjoy.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:50 AM
Gold member

I drive my cart weekly about seven miles to a club meeting at Saddlebrook. I drive at 16-17 mph because the motor is quieter and I enjoy the drive. When someone is coming up on me, I'll floor it until it is safe to let them pass. Then I pull over to the extreme right side, slow down to ten and flag them to pass. Most times, they wave. Once, I got the one-finger salute.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:56 AM
Veteran member

It won't change until they finally start issuing tickets to carts for speeding
Old 12-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Gold member
Default A solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
It won't change until they finally start issuing tickets to carts for speeding
In my opinion-I may regret it later.
The golf carts should be numbered as the rental ones are.
If, you are hit, what do you say-hit by a red Yamaha.

Also, when I used to have a boat. The coast guard would inspect it to be sure you had required safety equipment etc.You would be issued a sticker that you would put on your boat-NEXT TO THE NUMBERS.

Realize, like most things we notice the FOOLS. Most people are driving safely. When you read these oft repeated threads you can tell who the ME-ME-MEEESS are.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, people, a@@, bridge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.