Wi-Fi GARAGE DOOR OPENER?

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
Does anyone have a Wi-Fi garage door opener? If you do have one, can you give details and your opinion? I travel often and would like the ability to close the garage, if I forget it open, when I’m not here. Thanks.
Purchased a Craftsman from Lowe’s. Love the WiFi feature. Bonus: I can tell when my spouse leaves and returns!😂
Old 08-27-2021, 08:07 AM
Default MyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
Does anyone have a Wi-Fi garage door opener? If you do have one, can you give details and your opinion? I travel often and would like the ability to close the garage, if I forget it open, when I’m not here. Thanks.
MyQ works great
Old 08-27-2021, 08:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to ragtag22 Send a message via Skype™ to ragtag22

I have the Genie Aladdin Connect that I stalled on my AllStar MVP opener and it works great. Use it from my phone or with Alexa (need to use voice code for security). Ro-mac and others told me it would not work, but it does and is an easy install Here is a link to it on Amazon. Amazon.com
Old 08-27-2021, 08:21 AM
Default Ditto for Meross

Ditto for reply #7. Meross is easy to install, set up, and works from anywhere in the world.
I have a Wyze outdoor cam in the garage so I can also see what happens there when I open the garage door for someone.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living a Fantasy View Post
MyQ by Chamberlain is fantastic. Manage garage door anywhere there is a wifi connection. We have it scheduled to close at 8:30pm in the event we forget to close it. Our children are set up as users. We disable them after they leave our home. We enable them after they return. No keys or remotes or keypads to deal with. I also get notifications each time it opens and closes. It also can be set up to allow FEDEX to enter for deliveries without your interaction. Just saw it on Amazon for $29.99.

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-...where2getit-20
I just ordered this for my new home (Closing 9/8) watched video and looks super easy to install
Mamaroneck, NY
New Rochelle, NY
Alpharetta, GA
Cumming, GA
Village of Citrus Grove , The Villages, FL
Old 08-27-2021, 08:43 AM
Default Chamberlain Garage Door

I have the same garage door. Opening/closing the door via my cell phone is fantastic. I get a notification on my cell when the door opens or closes, plus I can check my app to see if I actually closed the door when I left. Great buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
We have the Chamberlain 1.25HP belt drive WiFi opener. Love it.

Amazon.com

They have slightly newer ones with a camera, I would opt for that if I were buying it today, but this one has been fantastic, specially while we were not living here in TV full time.

I could open the door for inspectors, bug people, etc. I also opened it for a cart service guy. I have other cameras so I could see that he left and record who actually took it.

The final option I like is the close for the evening option. I have left it open over night until I turned that option on and now if it's open at 10pm, it closes on it's own.

Quiet, battery backup and reliable. What's not to love?

Connects directly to the wifi and took about 2 minutes to set up the wifi part of it. Installing on the door took about 90 minutes, mostly because I had one short ladder at the time.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

You know I’ve forgotten to shut my garage door before after I got 2 states away & I just called a neighbor to have them shut it. Even if you had a WiFi garage door opener, how would you know for sure if you shut it or open it, unless you have a camera pointed at your garage. Me personally I liked the way I did it, have a neighbor shut it for you. Then I would know if it got shut for sure! I’ve already hit the door opener button twice & opened it when I thought I shut it.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
MyQ by Chamberlain is fantastic. Manage garage door anywhere there is a wifi connection. We have it scheduled to close at 8:30pm in the event we forget to close it. Our children are set up as users. We disable them after they leave our home. We enable them after they return. No keys or remotes or keypads to deal with. I also get notifications each time it opens and closes. It also can be set up to allow FEDEX to enter for deliveries without your interaction. Just saw it on Amazon for $29.99.

Amazon.com
I have this same unit. Mixed feelings with this thing. I have it on both garage doors, (one master control and two door sensors). Install was very simple, but....The golf cart door now has a mind of it's own. More than a few times it would open without any commands from me or the unit. I'm not a full timer yet, so having the door open on it's own is worrisome. I ended up having a local friend stop by and unplug that door controller from the power outlet. I've also had random warnings from the MyQ app that it's offline and lost internet connection when everything else in the house is online. Even a Nest Cam in the same area is online, this controller will randomly report it's offline. This problem hasn't reported for over a month or so, so I'm guessing it may have been some server somewhere having trouble and not my system. Too much of this stuff is actually controlled by servers you have no control over.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:55 AM
Default Garage door WiFi controler

I have a My Q controller back north. Purchased from Amazon. Fairly reasonable and easy to install. We got tired of leaving the house, getting a couple of blocks away asking each other weather we closed the garage door. Now we just check the smart phone from any place.
Also when u check the status of ur door it tells u weather it’s open or closed as well as how long it’s been in that position.
Old 08-27-2021, 11:53 AM

I had the following in our home back in Michigan, gethttps://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-...where2getit-20, it was hit and miss, had more negatives then positives. When we purchased our first house in the Villages I installed the Chamberlin smart garage door openers, worked good, but I would recommend to have it installed, needed new brackets and some other modifications that did take some extra time and money to install. When we purchased our new home in the Villages, we had the Linear LDCO852
Smart Garage Door Operators installed from the builder ($100 each upgrade). I really like this system, the garage door slows down just before closing, like a soft close, works great and is as quiet as the Chamberlin and has scheduling of door and light operation, including timed, automatic door closing and Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, HomeLink and IFTTT. I would recommend either of the garage door openers above, better having the smart controller built in then having an add on based on my past experience. It is great to know if the garage is open, and GeoTrigger opens the garage door automatically when we get close to the home, and also nice for deliveries. We do not use a press remote, everything is operated from our phones. Just FYI. Good Luck
Old 08-27-2021, 04:05 PM

My Q - unless you have an ancient garage door opener a My Q should work. It is very easy to set up and use with your existing garage door opener. You can buy it on Amazon and it is very easy to install. Also you have the ability to control more than one door via a phone app (I used it for a garage in NC as well as a garage in FL).
Old 08-27-2021, 07:22 PM

What’s so hard about just pushing a button when the vehicle is out the door
Old 08-27-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:

Amazon.com
I also use MyQ on both doors. Inexpensive, easy to install and works great! I get a notification when they open, or close. I set mine to auto-close at 11:00 PM. The app tells how long the door has been open, or closed.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:47 PM

Another vote for MyQ. Inexpensive, reliable, and controlled by my iPhone. I have 2 garage doors with each using MyQ. No problem.
Old 08-28-2021, 04:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

MyQ would be great, but not compatible with the Allstar MVP.
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, wi-fi, opener, door, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.