Wild Pigs

Wild Pigs

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I love the taste of feral pig meat. I hope the homeowner can kill and eat a few!

Here is an article on how to butcher them. How to Break Down a Wild Pig | Realtree
I do hear local farmers shooting at something once in a while with what sounds like a rifle. And at times like a shotgun. Maybe one less coyote to worry about.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Dig a big hole in the yard, cover it with some camouflage and bait, when the pig falls in the hole toss in some lime and fill it back in, problem solved.
I wouldn't be digging to deep, sinkholes around.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I wouldn't be digging to deep, sinkholes around.

You mean “ground depressions!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Veteran member

Ok, this is probably a pretty stupid idea, but ....
I read that wild pigs are pretty smart. So, lay out mouse traps around the yard at night so when they get close they snap shut and startle them. If it snaps over their foot (hoof?) it probably would sting a bit and maybe make them head to greener pastures? Or annoy the heck out of the neighbors and lie in wait for them at night and throw firecrackers at them like you do to make sure geese don’t nest in your back yard.

Course, you can also hire a trapper: http://animaltrappersinorlando.com/hog/

???

Just some ideas.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

There must be grubs or some other critter under the grass, get rid of the food source and you get rid of the pigs
Old 12-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage

Usually about once a year someone will post about wild pigs digging in their backyard off Heron Executive or Cane Garden Golf Course. I think they like the area south of Lake Miona and within a week you'll heard reports of Florida Panthers in the same area. I played golf with a fellow not long ago who said they saw a Panther run down the middle of the third hole of the Hibiscus nine.

Here's a motion detector photo taken east of Gainesville in the middle of the night. For those who still let their dog out at night without a leash, let this be a lesson for you.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Usually about once a year someone will post about wild pigs digging in their backyard off Heron Executive or Cane Garden Golf Course. I think they like the area south of Lake Miona and within a week you'll heard reports of Florida Panthers in the same area. I played golf with a fellow not long ago who said they saw a Panther run down the middle of the third hole of the Hibiscus nine.

Here's a motion detector photo taken east of Gainesville in the middle of the night. For those who still let their dog out at night without a leash, let this be a lesson for you.

I wondered what happened to my pet panther when he got out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
pigs, wild, shooting, pig, trapping