Wildwood Dentists....Use with Caution

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2021, 05:48 AM
Smile Dentist found who does not upsell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Well, I had to go through three dentists before I found one that didn’t up sell. They was in bubble. I had to get out of bubble to get honest care. I like how they push the deep cleaning right off. Which maybe required it you don’t have you’re teeth cleaned in years or regularly. In my case every 6 months. First two. said I needed deep cleaning which I knew was Bs. At my age I am lucky I’ve got 90% of my teeth. If I listened to first two they would of pulled them all and replaced them with 6K plus a tooth implant’s. Good luck on you’re quest to find good honest dentist.
Could you share the name of the dentist who does not upsell? Much appreciated.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
What does "Outside the Bubble" mean?
Outside The Villages or maybe “outside golf cart accessibility “ . TV is often referred to as The Bubble
Old 11-26-2021, 06:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
Not on open forum. Private email if want details.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:22 AM
Default Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
Serenity Dental Spa in Spanish Springs. Dr Luong is AWESOME! Have been going to her for 10 years. Because she is by herself, it could take awhile to get an apt.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea3051 View Post
Before you go, do your homework....I won't go into all the details because the reviews on Facebook spell things out so well. Please read those first since they really reflect how this practice is run and my experience. I felt like a turkey on Thanksgiving, everyone wanted a piece!

I don't want anyone to feel like I did, overwhelmed & pushed....staff is fine but u should understand all the procedures they will try and sell you regardless of necessity and don't rush into those decisions the same day, especially if its your first visit.

good luck out there!

location is on 44
Well I still go there. I tried to leave them but everywhere I went they wanted to do a deep cleaning even though I haven’t missed a six month cleaning so I went back to Wildwood. They are a bit of a blank show as they will have two different “hygienists” one doing the cleaning and one the polishing and flossing. I have a small chip off one molar and every time the dentist wants to fix it and every time I say no. By the way x-rays all the time are another huge scam. I asked one time why all the x-rays. Answer “to find cavities between your teeth”. I asked how many times over my 50+ years of x-rays they have found a cavity between my teeth and the answer was “well never on these charts”. NEVER. The dentist did let me skip x-rays last time. I always tell them the only thing I really want you to do is clean my teeth!
Old 11-26-2021, 07:07 AM

I knew a dentist personally from Aspen - they are paid commissions and have quotas........so the push is on!
Old 11-26-2021, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Is it the office on Main Street or Hwy 44?
OP said 44 in her post.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
OP said 44 in her post.
If you'll notice she edited her post after I asked that question. But thanks anyway..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-26-2021, 08:22 AM
Default Beware of unqualified Surgeon !!!

My Son is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. Since he works in an office and at a hospital he is required to handle emergencies on some weekends. He is often called to the hospital to work on people who had dental procedures in a corporate office by doctors who are not qualified to do certain procedures, these people often end up in the emergency room with problems that my son must fix due to prior work done by an unqualified Surgeon. Beware of what the doctor’s training is and specialty is!!! Also be certain to know if your doctor has coverage at nights and weekends!!!
Old 11-26-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMan View Post
My Son is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. Since he works in an office and at a hospital he is required to handle emergencies on some weekends. He is often called to the hospital to work on people who had dental procedures in a corporate office by doctors who are not qualified to do certain procedures, these people often end up in the emergency room with problems that my son must fix due to prior work done by an unqualified Surgeon. Beware of what the doctor’s training is and specialty is!!! Also be certain to know if your doctor has coverage at nights and weekends!!!
thanks for sharing this, after I digested everything that went down that day, my biggest fear was that I let them do all that work and end up at the ER with lifelong issues, as they are not the ones impacted. I was very shaken by the whole experience, the multiple rounds of people coming in to push me and my delicate health issues they did not bother to read all the forms I completed. this should really be illegal to do to people because I barely got out and how many don't? I never even got my cleaning since they only wanted to do the "deep clean" as they pitch to everyone.....this is so unfortunate for anyone looking for dental care.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:56 AM
Default Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
I didn’t have a good experience there. Will never go back
Dr Eddie Orobitg Lee St Leesburg. With him 6 years. Mary Lou is office. Great.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea3051 View Post
Before you go, do your homework....I won't go into all the details because the reviews on Facebook spell things out so well. Please read those first since they really reflect how this practice is run and my experience. I felt like a turkey on Thanksgiving, everyone wanted a piece!

I don't want anyone to feel like I did, overwhelmed & pushed....staff is fine but u should understand all the procedures they will try and sell you regardless of necessity and don't rush into those decisions the same day, especially if its your first visit.

good luck out there!

location is on 44
If you are talking about the Syrian dentist on RT. 301 in Wildwood, I agree. Stay away! He is just looking for ways to make money. I went once and that's all it took. His nationality has nothing to do with my opinion.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:42 AM

I've used Palm Ridge Dental for 8 years. Have never had any problems. Dr. Jabber is great!
Old 11-26-2021, 10:57 AM

Not within the confines of the Villages.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:47 AM
Default Dentisfs

I have had excellent experiences at Aspen Dental. I have no idea why yours was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Sounds just like, but likely NOT WORSE THAN Aspen Dental. After you leave that place you wonder "how's YOUR Aspen." After being with the same local dentist for close to 40 years (when SHE first came out of dental school) moving down here has been a dental horror ..... My wife did finally found what seems like an honest dentist who is not a salesman on 466 (Howell Dental). Of course everyone's opinion may vary but he seems better than the other 2 we have tried.
Closed Thread

Tags
overwhelmed, staff, fine, pushed, feel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.