Will a change like this ever happen?

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Default Will a change like this ever happen?

Hello to all my future neighbors in TV!! Greatly looking forward to joining you all in the greatest retirement community in America sometime in the next couple years. Currently the only homes in TV offering fully fenced yards are CYV’s and Verandas. My question is this: Do you think there will ever be a point in the future that the fencing used on Verandas and CYV’s will become an option on designer homes in new neighborhoods and would you be in favor of allowing fencing like that if it was offered in only a couple very elegant approved styles?
Old 07-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

I grew up in California suburbs with fenced yards and not having them is what seems unnatural to me, tbh.

I wouldn't hazard any guesses at to what's being planned, although fences in select models in Southern Oaks could be indicative of things to come. Get out your Ouija board!

If that's a whippet in your avatar, I can understand you asking.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
<snip> My question is this: Do you think there will ever be a point in the future that the fencing used on Verandas and CYV’s will become an option on designer homes in new neighborhoods and would you be in favor of allowing fencing like that if it was offered in only a couple very elegant approved styles?
Your question is confusing to me. I consider a Veranda to be a Designer with a fenced-in yard. Don't you?
Old 07-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

The verandas are designers with a fenced yard
Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 PM

I personally like the fact of no fences. It's nice to have an open view in your surroundings. I certainly don't mind the walls between the Verandas and they certainly complement that style of home. I looked at both before I bought in The Villages and my final choice was an open view. Maybe it's because I'm from New England and everyone fenced in their property. It was really hard to get to know your neighbors. It's just not for me anymore.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Sage

We're originally from the midwest where fences generally aren't part of neighborhoods. I said generally. That said though, we visited SoCal years ago and were struck how ALL the homes seemed to be fenced in and it seemed to us to be strange and unwelcoming. BUT that's just me (us). What you're asking would be on speculation of "what do we all think". I guess you'd have to ask the powers that be that question as the general population would have no idea.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
Hello to all my future neighbors in TV!! Greatly looking forward to joining you all in the greatest retirement community in America sometime in the next couple years. Currently the only homes in TV offering fully fenced yards are CYV’s and Verandas. My question is this: Do you think there will ever be a point in the future that the fencing used on Verandas and CYV’s will become an option on designer homes in new neighborhoods and would you be in favor of allowing fencing like that if it was offered in only a couple very elegant approved styles?
Unequivocally absolutely not - you can take that to the bank. You are not even allowed to plant a hedge row as a barrier per the ARC.

Last edited by rustyp; 07-04-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Platinum member

Never will be an option in older neighborhoods but if you look at The Verandas they are Designers with fences.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

I highly doubt that existing deed restrictions would be changed to allow fencing. However, if enough buyers of homes in the new areas being developed had a loud enough voice (with their bank accounts doing the talking), I would guess the developers would consider modifying the deed restrictions in the new areas to allow them. After all is said and done, it's all about selling homes, and meeting the demands of the next generation of potential home buyers is paramount. It is becoming very obvious that the new home buyers in the Villages South prefer walking trails over Championship Golf, otherwise the new homes simply would not be selling.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

There were a few neighborhoods in Pine Ridge or Pine Hills that we’re fenced in. Maybe this led to the Veranda neighborhoods. They changed the names of the homes be each one matches up with a designer home layout.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I would contact a sales agent, and ask them to keep you up to date on upcoming plans as new villages are announced. Since you cannot predict the future, you may need to buy a house that suits your needs and rent it out until you are ready to move.
Good luck with your quest.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:32 PM

Deleted...

Last edited by Villagevip; 07-04-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
<snip> You are not even allowed to plant a hedge row as a barrier per the ARC.
What CDD do you live in? That statement is absolutely not true in CDD 8 - I'm in Tamarind Grove. For example, vegetation barriers are commonly allowed which provide privacy around swimming pools. The only requirement is that the root ball of the plants must be at least 2 ft. from the side property line.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
What CDD do you live in? That statement is absolutely not true in CDD 8 - I'm in Tamarind Grove. For example, vegetation barriers are commonly allowed which provide privacy around swimming pools. The only requirement is that the root ball of the plants must be at least 2 ft. from the side property line.
For all our benefits please publish the request you submitted to the ARC that allowed a hedge barrier so the rest of us can site you as the example since I was rejected for that. You know like how to write a proper grant request.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:11 PM
Default Ooooops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I grew up in California suburbs with fenced yards and not having them is what seems unnatural to me, tbh.

I wouldn't hazard any guesses at to what's being planned, although fences in select models in Southern Oaks could be indicative of things to come. Get out your Ouija board!

If that's a whippet in your avatar, I can understand you asking.
Queasy27 you are correct! That is a whippet in my avatar! At a top speed of 35 mph he isn’t as fast as a greyhound but he will chase prey for a good quarter to half mile before he even starts to slow down so a fence is a necessity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Your question is confusing to me. I consider a Veranda to be a Designer with a fenced-in yard. Don't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
The verandas are designers with a fenced yard
Champion6 and thelegges you are both quite correct. My fault for not explaining my question better. The Verandas are designers with fences. What you have currently is an entire block or several blocks of Verandas in a neighborhood. Similar in fashion to the way CYV’s are always grouped together. My question if I had stated it better is do you think that at some point in the future fencing will be an upgrade option just like flooring or appliances or a bigger garage in a new home of any model no matter where your lot is? I hope that helps.

Tags
cyv’s, verandas, couple, homes, future

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.