Will a change like this ever happen?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Default Will a change like this ever happen?

Hello to all my future neighbors in TV!! Greatly looking forward to joining you all in the greatest retirement community in America sometime in the next couple years. Currently the only homes in TV offering fully fenced yards are CYV’s and Verandas. My question is this: Do you think there will ever be a point in the future that the fencing used on Verandas and CYV’s will become an option on designer homes in new neighborhoods and would you be in favor of allowing fencing like that if it was offered in only a couple very elegant approved styles?

Old 07-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

I grew up in California suburbs with fenced yards and not having them is what seems unnatural to me, tbh.

I wouldn't hazard any guesses at to what's being planned, although fences in select models in Southern Oaks could be indicative of things to come. Get out your Ouija board!

If that's a whippet in your avatar, I can understand you asking.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
<snip> My question is this: Do you think there will ever be a point in the future that the fencing used on Verandas and CYV’s will become an option on designer homes in new neighborhoods and would you be in favor of allowing fencing like that if it was offered in only a couple very elegant approved styles?
Your question is confusing to me. I consider a Veranda to be a Designer with a fenced-in yard. Don't you?
Old 07-04-2019, 05:28 PM
Veteran member

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval

The verandas are designers with a fenced yard
Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 PM

I personally like the fact of no fences. It's nice to have an open view in your surroundings. I certainly don't mind the walls between the Verandas and they certainly complement that style of home. I looked at both before I bought in The Villages and my final choice was an open view. Maybe it's because I'm from New England and everyone fenced in their property. It was really hard to get to know your neighbors. It's just not for me anymore.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Sage

We're originally from the midwest where fences generally aren't part of neighborhoods. I said generally. That said though, we visited SoCal years ago and were struck how ALL the homes seemed to be fenced in and it seemed to us to be strange and unwelcoming. BUT that's just me (us). What you're asking would be on speculation of "what do we all think". I guess you'd have to ask the powers that be that question as the general population would have no idea.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
Hello to all my future neighbors in TV!! Greatly looking forward to joining you all in the greatest retirement community in America sometime in the next couple years. Currently the only homes in TV offering fully fenced yards are CYV’s and Verandas. My question is this: Do you think there will ever be a point in the future that the fencing used on Verandas and CYV’s will become an option on designer homes in new neighborhoods and would you be in favor of allowing fencing like that if it was offered in only a couple very elegant approved styles?
Unequivocally absolutely not - you can take that to the bank. You are not even allowed to plant a hedge row as a barrier per the ARC.

Last edited by rustyp; 07-04-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Gold member

Never will be an option in older neighborhoods but if you look at The Verandas they are Designers with fences.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

I highly doubt that existing deed restrictions would be changed to allow fencing. However, if enough buyers of homes in the new areas being developed had a loud enough voice (with their bank accounts doing the talking), I would guess the developers would consider modifying the deed restrictions in the new areas to allow them. After all is said and done, it's all about selling homes, and meeting the demands of the next generation of potential home buyers is paramount. It is becoming very obvious that the new home buyers in the Villages South prefer walking trails over Championship Golf, otherwise the new homes simply would not be selling.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:23 PM

There were a few neighborhoods in Pine Ridge or Pine Hills that we’re fenced in. Maybe this led to the Veranda neighborhoods. They changed the names of the homes be each one matches up with a designer home layout.

Tags
cyv’s, verandas, couple, homes, future