Will a change like this ever happen?

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2019, 11:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I would guess no as they are into keeping things looking the same throughout a neighborhood. It is kind of an all or nothing type of thing. If you decide not to buy a house because of that, the next person through the door will buy it so it really does not matter to them.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
Queasy27 you are correct! That is a whippet in my avatar! At a top speed of 35 mph he isn’t as fast as a greyhound but he will chase prey for a good quarter to half mile before he even starts to slow down so a fence is a necessity!

Champion6 and thelegges you are both quite correct. My fault for not explaining my question better. The Verandas are designers with fences. What you have currently is an entire block or several blocks of Verandas in a neighborhood. Similar in fashion to the way CYV’s are always grouped together. My question if I had stated it better is do you think that at some point in the future fencing will be an upgrade option just like flooring or appliances or a bigger garage in a new home of any model no matter where your lot is? I hope that helps.
I can’t imagine deed restrictions would change to allow fences as part of your build. TV has a small area in Duval with ranch homes with fencing. Until the verandas were built only CYVs had fencing. My opinion is TV will have sections with fencing but I don’t think they will ever have random homes to have a fence. Don’t forget we have prey animals that a fence is not an issue when hunting. Best to buy where fence is allowed
Old 07-05-2019, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

I doubt that fences will ever be optional. Having only one or a few houses with fences in a neighborhood that otherwise has no fences makes the look of the neighborhood too variable, too heterogeneous, for Villages standards I'm sure. The Morse family seems to strictly prefer a high level of homogeneity in neighborhoods. Given their track record on selling homes here and on the continued growth in the value of homes here, they may well be right. You're more likely only to find fences in neighborhoods that are ALL fenced, now and in the future.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 AM
Sage

As I sit, I’m looking at about a 6’ tall hedge row that my back yard neighbor planted on his golf course lot. I see hedge rows everywhere!
Old 07-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I bought a new CYV in 2011, if Verandas were available at that time in my neighborhood I would of probably bought one. That's probably why they sell so many CYY's, the lack of available of fencing in most areas.

In our CYV community we have 80 villas, the same land space for designer homes would probably accommodate 30 designer homes if even that many. In 2011 the average price of our CYV's was $180K, the average cottage in 2011 was $180K and the average designer in 2011 was $230K - $280K on a standard lot. I believe the developer can make a lot more money selling CYV's. I believe the offering of Verandas was simply to attract buyers who might consider buying a resale in the established areas if all things were equal.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
For all our benefits please publish the request you submitted to the ARC that allowed a hedge barrier so the rest of us can site you as the example since I was rejected for that. You know like how to write a proper grant request.
Here ya go. Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ARC1.pdf (2.57 MB, 191 views)
File Type: pdf ARC2.pdf (2.26 MB, 209 views)
File Type: pdf ARC3.pdf (1.92 MB, 163 views)
Old 07-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
As I sit, I’m looking at about a 6’ tall hedge row that my back yard neighbor planted on his golf course lot. I see hedge rows everywhere!
Totally agree but did they get permission from the ARC ? You also know the system - if they didn't get permission a troll can blow them in and down they come independent of who or when they where planted.

My request was for a hedge row of bushes along my property line.
I was willing to space as far back from the line as the ARC seen fit (I have an exceptionally large lot). Rejected, no barriers between properties. They allowed me to plant bushes such that spacing would be no less than 5 feet between limbs and maintain that spacing at maturity plus to be trimmed no more than four feet high. They even went as far as to say that the spacing would allow for a person to walk through. I pointed out that was the very reason for my request. To stop people from cutting across my property to go to the swimming pool. I pointed out the fact that it was my way to stop trespassing without creating neighbor wars. Their response - priceless. Trespassing is a civic matter for local authorities and not the responsibility of the ARC.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Here ya go. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply - here is my rejection for a hedge row. Maybe there is a difference that allows screening like for a lanai Vs a hedge row between properties I.E. a fence which is where this thread started.

plants_approval z.pdf
Old 07-05-2019, 10:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
Hello to all my future neighbors in TV!! Greatly looking forward to joining you all in the greatest retirement community in America sometime in the next couple years. Currently the only homes in TV offering fully fenced yards are CYV’s and Verandas. My question is this: Do you think there will ever be a point in the future that the fencing used on Verandas and CYV’s will become an option on designer homes in new neighborhoods and would you be in favor of allowing fencing like that if it was offered in only a couple very elegant approved styles?
No one can predict the future. But, I would offer that anyone buying here with the hope of building a fence in the future will be likely be disappointed.
Closed Thread

Tags
cyv’s, verandas, couple, homes, future

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.