Will give lot back

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Our home has not sold and we will give back our lot to be re-released in The Villages. We will not lose our funds thank goodness, but our hearts were set on our new lot with a brand new home.

The housing market has become very soft here in California, but we are staying positive about selling our home and getting to The Villages. I'm trusting that the twist and turns of getting to The Villages is simply a mild detour.

One thing I do know, we are not alone on this journey. Thank you for sharing your joy and pain in getting to The Villages. Sometimes I get so darn disappointed and then I read one of your posts, you are going through the same darn thing in Virginia, Tennessee, Minnesota or New York. We are just trying to get to The Villages so we can all play and be happy! I've given up explaining to Californians why we want to live in TV, I want to keep The Village life a secret.

I'm staying positive about the sell of our home and I wish all of you who are trying to sell your home the best too.

Once again, thank you for all of your posts.
Jhoorman:

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment in not being able to sell your home.

I find that trying to sell a home or condo is like a roller coaster ride. One minute, your hopeful that it will sell and the next minute, one's hopes are dashed.

I'm trying to adapt the sports cliche in that one does not get too high and don't get too low. I recently almost had a couple of offers that I felt they weren't going to be realized and try not to get too low when no one is coming around for showings.

There's a time and place for everything that happens. Our day will come.

Best wishes for selling your home.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Jeanette,

I want to remind you that you promised that you and your husband would try and get me to go out and play golf at TV.

Although you're unlikely to succeed in getting me to do so, I fully expect you to keep your promise and try. No excuses! So that means that you MUST sell your LB,C home, you MUST get yourself to and settled into TV and you MUST make your attempt to get me out on the links! You HEAR ME JEANETTE, YOU LISTENING???

Seriously, best luck on selling your home. I'll remain positive that it WILL sell because it's not a matter of if, but rather a matter of when! When's coming Jeanette... when's coming, and when it does.......

The Villages Florida The Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida

Joe
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Joe

You are the coolest guy. I have not forgot my promise to get you out on the course. The home will sell and we will be in The Villages, I promise.

After posting, the support, kind words and stories of how others finally got to TV has filled up my well. Sometimes the day to day of selling a home can be grueling. Not anymore, I'm focused on being in The Villages.

Have a wonderful Fathers day, your the best.

God Bless,

J
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage

I'm so sorry, Sweetie, you know how badly I feel for you, but I know the house will sell...and soon we'll be visiting, laughing, feeling like we've know each other forever.

Sometimes, things always work out, but take more time than we hope.

Looking forward to when we finally meet face to face...
Old 06-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdarcy View Post
I'm in Atlanta, one of the 5 worst housing markets in the country, so says my 4th realtor--my house has been on the market now for over 2 years. I've had over 30 agents tour my home. Almost all of them say my home is in a great location, "shows perfectly", is exceptionally well maintained and, worth every bit of what it's been appraised for. But, it's not sold. I'm starting to think too that there's a right time, right place, and right buyer and all of it will come together when it's meant to. What I can do, is make sure my vote is cast in November 2012 for a federal administration with sound fiscal policies. If anyone really wants a chilling understanding of why we're in this crisis, I highly recommend watching "Inside Job". It's a totally riveting 90 minutes. It starts out tame and seemingly innocuous, but soon the reality of how we got to where we are today becomes nearly too incredible to grasp.
A M E N ! mrdarcy
Old 06-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

I am so sorry.... and I am also holding you to a promise of golfing together. Good luck...

k
Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 PM

Girlfriend, that's a promise. We will hit and giggle!

Life is good, this little issue of not selling our home is truly a quality problem. I could be living under a bridge or picking strawberry's. I'm really grateful I have choices.

We will be in The Villages soon.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Gold member

Your house will sell...just you wait and see! Things happen the way they are supposed to...good things happen to good people! We will be down to TV in nine days to look for a home. I am sending you good vibes...hang in there!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 PM

Sent you a private message.
Linda
Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Fellow villagers, thank you for the kind words and encouragement, you guys rock.

Postings like these bring tears to my eyes and a grateful heart. When I get to The Villages, I'm giving you all a big juicy California hug. :
We will all be here when you make you move here. And when you do I will be at your door with your choice of a blueberry pie or muffins. I know how stressful this is for you. I will send positive thoughts your way. See you soon
Old 06-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
...... When I get to The Villages, I'm giving you all a big juicy California hug. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
I agree with duffysmom - when the time is right, the right lot or right home will be here for you.

I do have to admit, though, that when I saw where you are from I got homesick...I moved here from Long Beach (Belmont Shore) and miss it every day! Not enough to go back, though
To my CA friends, I too miss CA but never enough to go back for good. @Jhooman, when one door closes, another opens and its usually for the better. I went through 3 potential sales here in TV while still living in CA and lost them all but when the time was right, I got one better than all the others and the timing was perfect.... please don't fret, we'll see you soon and I'll help you get Skyguy on the links... Good luck and keep the faith!!

PS., I lived in Long Beach also, a long time ago. Beautiful place.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I'll help you get Skyguy on the links...
I hope you both realize that I haven't played a round of golf for more than 30 years ~and~ that it would probably be more like playing polo on my scooter!
The Villages Florida
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I hope you both realize that I haven't played a round of golf for more than 30 years ~and~ that it would probably be more like playing polo on my scooter!
The Villages Florida
Croquet maybe?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Croquet maybe?
Now don't you think I'd wind up fall off my scooter when bending down to use a croquet mallet?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:55 AM

Dude

Don't worry about the small stuff. We will wrap you up in bubble wrap to protect you from any falls.

We are taking you out on the course, so just get yourself ready to rock and roll with some Caliornia Mamas. It's all about the friendship, forget about the ball and stick.

Sky you really are cool.

J

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.