Will lack of snowbirds impact the TV rental market?

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2020, 04:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,636 Times in 951 Posts

I would expect a considerable drop off in the Canadian migration, and a slight drop off in the US snowbird migration. I wouldn't be surprised if the market for buying/selling drops off a tad, temporarily, due to the reduction in snowbird traffic. I also wouldn't be surprised if I am entirely wrong. My opinions on such matters are seldom correct. I am coming down from NY State to rent for 6 months. Can't wait to get to TV. I might even buy a place. Maybe. We'll see.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Best thing that could happen is NO RENTERS show up. Be much better without all those people that have no investment in the community, and landlords that pay no attention to the condition of their property.
Sure empty homes, flood the market. That will increase your home values
Old 10-17-2020, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Uncertainty causes people to pause and put usual plans on hold. Some examples, people are uncertain about the safety of flying, taking shuttles, staying in hotels and using public restrooms. People are uncertain about their health insurance covering a Covid infection in an area away from their primary home. People are uncertain if/when a second or third wave will rear it's ugly head causing shutdowns and a possible quarantine requirement when traveling (either to their destination or coming back home). People are uncertain if the usual activities they seek out for enjoyment when traveling will be available during a pandemic. People are very uncertain if other people will be practicing safe social distancing and mask wearing when traveling away from their primary home, potentially putting them in risky situations they would prefer to avoid. People are uncertain, and afraid, what will happen after the election and if the economy and the financial markets might put their retirement savings at risk. Many people have loved ones that are struggling and/or at risk during the pandemic and would prefer to stay close by to be able to better support these folks. The list could go on and on, but people like predictability and some sort of certainty. During these times, many would prefer to hunker down and ride out the storm until things somewhat normalize, whenever that will be???
Closed Thread

Tags
article, canadians, market, rental, impact

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.