Will TV home prices increase dramatically after buildout is complete?

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Sage
Default Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Here's the direct link to the document - see top of p.3 for the 2018 quote:

http://www.districtgov.org/images/IR...of%20Facts.pdf

I think you might be right, ljones - perhaps more land purchase is yet to happen!

Bill
Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. Interesting document stating the TV buildout date is now in 2018. What would the population of TV be if buildout occurred in 2018 -- 105,000 or greater?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. Interesting document stating the TV buildout date is now in 2018. What would the population of TV be if buildout occurred in 2018 -- 105,000 or greater?
I don't believe any of us know exactly what's anticipated to happen between now and 2018. Is there going to be more land acquired or is the developer anticipating a slow-down in the rate of building new homes on the existing land?

Regardless, it certainly is interesting to watch it all happen!!

Bill
Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM

I'll quote retired Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volker, who responded to a similar question about the direction of Interest Rates>

" If I knew which direction Interest rate were going to go, I wouldn't be talking to you, I'd be on Wall Street and I'd be a billionaire."

Nobody can reasonably predict what the housing market will be like in four years. In general prices go up when a builder stops building in an area because they no longer compete with the resales for buyers, offering below market financing and discounts to move inventory, but, that isn't a guarantee.

I wouldn't purchase my Villages home (and we did March 23rd) with an eye to making money from it in 3-4 years. It is, in all likelyhood, the last home I will ever purchase and, when it comes time to resell it, I'm hoping that it is my children's problem, not mine.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
The magnificent flowers and landscaping are all paid for by the residents now. It is on your tax bill.
Of course it is but that tax bill guarantees nothing. When the people are in control, I expect things will change drastically. Hope not I'd be very surprised if things remain the same.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Of course it is but that tax bill guarantees nothing. When the people are in control, I expect things will change drastically. Hope not I'd be very surprised if things remain the same.
I cringe to think that the residents would be in control.

I assumed that the developer would continue to run it.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I cringe to think that the residents would be in control.

I assumed that the developer would continue to run it.
Maybe your assumption is correct. I hope so.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
It is my firm belief that things will remain very much the same in TV in my lifetime, but who knows.

We just put our paid-for, custom-designed, most favorite place we've ever lived, 8 year old home on the market so we can sell it and buy a home in TV and move 1600 miles from where I've lived for almost 61 years, so that shows the depth of my faith that things won't change much in the next 20 years or so.

Our sales rep, and you can take this with a huge grain of salt, said that Morse told them in a sales meeting not long ago that TV will be selling homes to people who have not yet been born.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 04-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
It is my firm belief that things will remain very much the same in TV in my lifetime, but who knows.

We just put our paid-for, custom-designed, most favorite place we've ever lived, 8 year old home on the market so we can sell it and buy a home in TV and move 1600 miles from where I've lived for almost 61 years, so that shows the depth of my faith that things won't change much in the next 20 years or so.

Our sales rep, and you can take this with a huge grain of salt, said that Morse told them in a sales meeting not long ago that TV will be selling homes to people who have not yet been born.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sure hope so, Dirigo.
My parents lived in Sun City West, AZ in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. It was a 5-star community in the beginning. Then build out. Maybe 3-star or 2-star. I really saw a difference once the developer moved on.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
........Our sales rep, and you can take this with a huge grain of salt, said that Morse told them in a sales meeting not long ago that TV will be selling homes to people who have not yet been born.
Just choked on that grain of salt!

I do hope that what your sales rep relayed to you is indeed the case, though!!

Bill
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 AM

I believe that the housing prices will decline once the builder is finished in TV. My thoughts are on this matter that once that big nationwide marketing machine stops (selling the sizzle not the steak) the demand will decrease and the existing inventory will increase.
Without those "marketing dollars" will we still have entertainment on the squares every night...or those wonderful shows at The Savannah?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-27-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Silly post from me. Too much time on my hands in Ohio.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Don't overlook the extensive commercial real estate holdings of the developer. These parcels certainly provide a substantial residual income, as long as there are residents to keep them in business.

Most of us will not see the demise of the TV lifestyle in our lifetime, in my opinion.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Just choked on that grain of salt!

I do hope that what your sales rep relayed to you is indeed the case, though!!

Bill
Quote:
I don't think that the grain of salt may be necessary. This aligns with what my TV agent told us. TV sales are increasing staff and my agent is getting an assistant or two. This is because they expect sales to be on the rise soon. Also, after build out they won't be closing their sales office, but will be continuing in selling previously owned homes indefinitely into the future.

So that could mean that national advertising could well continue as well. If all this is proves to be true then TV as you know it will continue to flurish well beyond the forseeable future, perhaps beyond our lifetimes.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
OMG, they're gonna buy FL.

Seriously, would it even be possible for them to be selling houses in TV, FL to people who aren't born yet unless they buy the whole state? Maybe they will will build TV, TX. Or something else. So... please pass the salt. I'll take mine on the rim of a Bloody Mary.

As for home prices after build out, my crystal ball is partly cloudy. We purchased a home in TV to enjoy living (part time for now) in Lower Paradise. I don't consider my home as part of my investment portfolio.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Default And..........

No matter when the buildout happens in The Villages I am sure they will attempt to duplicate it somewhere else. If they do, they certainly wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by letting TV go down the drain. Wouldn't exactly be a good selling point in the "NEW" Villages no matter where that is.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.