will villages hold a house for me while I SELL MINE

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Default will villages hold a house for me while I SELL MINE

my home for sale in south florida and need the money before buying outright here in the villages
I heard they have almost NO FLEXIBILITY..I am not negotiating price would just like to hold a home until mine sold say about 1- 2 months maximum
Old 07-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperzow View Post
my home for sale in south florida and need the money before buying outright here in the villages
I heard they have almost NO FLEXIBILITY..I am not negotiating price would just like to hold a home until mine sold say about 1- 2 months maximum
Ask about a bridge loan. That is what we did but we waited to make an offer on a home until we had a contract on ours back home.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
They take no conditions on a new home sale.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
You could find out about building. This a longer process approx 6 months or so.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj1210 View Post
You could find out about building. This a longer process approx 6 months or so.
They give you your closing date and HOUR when you contract to build a home. No deals, nothing. They don't have to. People buy their homes here without VA or FHA Mortgages for new homes, just traditional loans. Most people pay for their homes in full. I think that is kind of amazing and great.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
The developer has NO flexibility whatsoever when you purchase a new home. None! Another poster said they don't have any flexibility and they don't. In actuality, they are very cold about the entire process which is very cut and dry. They could be a lot more considerate, but they aren't. There is nothing nice in the purchase of a new home from them. What should be a pleasant transaction is very impersonal and cut and dry.

You might be better off purchasing a resale and there are always newer homes on the market, if that's what you're after. A seller might be amiable and accept your offer contingent upon you selling your house.

If you buy new from the developer -- good luck. You'll need it!
Please check your Private Messages for additional information.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
The developer has NO flexibility whatsoever when you purchase a new home. None! Another poster said they don't have any flexibility and they don't. In actuality, they are very cold about the entire process which is very cut and dry. They could be a lot more considerate, but they aren't. There is nothing nice in the purchase of a new home from them. What should be a pleasant transaction is very impersonal and cut and dry.

You might be better off purchasing a resale and there are always newer homes on the market, if that's what you're after. A seller might be amiable and accept your offer contingent upon you selling your house.

Totally disagree. The Villages developer is RUNNING A BUSINESS. They have determined their best practices. No different than any other business that has policies and procedures.

Try buying a new Ford and asking the dealer to "hold it" for you until you have the money to pay for it.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Sage

Quote:

Totally disagree. The Villages developer is RUNNING A BUSINESS. They have determined their best practices. No different than any other business that has policies and procedures.

Try buying a new Ford and asking the dealer to "hold it" for you until you have the money to pay for it."

I very much agree with this post from Jayhawk.

I am really proud to tell my friends how there are no conditions to buying a new home here. It shows that this is a sought after place and that our homes continue to rise in value. There was no coldness to us at all in any phase of the process.. NONE.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:

I completely disagree. We bought a new home in 2012. It was a wonderful experience. The closing staff were congratulatory and very pleasant. I'd rate it as our best closing experience out of the numerous we've had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:

Our first home in TV sold in 3 days, closed in 28 days. Even a fsbo would have a hard time waiting for sale of your home
Old 07-28-2017, 05:50 PM
Sage

As Mrs. Robinson said, if you buy a resale, the owners may accept a conditional offer.
We feel resales are a better deal anyway.
You can find a home in a central location backing on a golf course, and pay a fraction of the amount that
The Villages charges for a new home on a golf course. And the price is negotiable.
When we bought our second resale in The Villages, we made it conditional on selling our first resale home, a CYV.
But I understand that many people want new homes, in which case I suggest you sell first and then buy.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

why not just sell your home then come up and rent one while you decide what to buy, there is always plenty of inventory both new and used. Our experience buying a new home was great, a little miscommunications with a new member of the closing team but other than that it was smooth and fast. As a matter of fact it took us longer to buy a new car down here than to close on the house. I'll also put in a good word for our sales agent Beth Pope, couldn't have been happier, she knew what we wanted, showed us what we wanted and we bought the first day. Great girl.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Our first home in TV sold in 3 days, closed in 28 days. Even a fsbo would have a hard time waiting for sale of your home
You were very fortunate and lucky that your home went under contract that quickly.

However, you would be amazed at the number of people -- FSBO or otherwise -- that would accept a contingency on the sale of a buyer's home.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Plenty of homes for sale in the villages and for the foreseeable future. More than most realize. Don't get panicky. When you sale there will be plenty to choose from. Villages sales like to create frenzy, so people will make quick decisions. You know like when the build out was hot topic. For about 4 years.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

OP, there is not one good reason for the Village Developer to hold a certain house for you until when and if your current house sells. That said, perhaps a better house will be built while your house sells. The Village Developer builds about 200 new ones a month. Good luck selling your home.

Tags
home, villages, mine, hold, price

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.