This Makes Me So Sad

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Gold member
Unhappy This Makes Me So Sad

Less than two hours ago I was riding my bike on the very nice cart path along El Camino Real. I always ride on the right side and very close to the edge of the path. As I approached an oncoming golf cart, I could see a another golf cart approaching from the rear. This cart coming from the rear did not slow a bit as the three of us passed side by side. I would call what he did "threading the needle".. Anyway this jerk coming from the rear passed me with less than two feet to spare, I yelled MOVE OVER to which he slammed his brakes on immediately in front of me and asked what was my problem. I told him that he nearly hit me, to which he replied, "well I didn't did I "? I said to him that he should have given me more room, to which he replied, "GO F**K YOURSELF, WHY DON'T YOU F**KIN GROW UP". He drove away. Now, I have lived in the Villages for more than 15 years, and those first ten years something like this happening was unheard of. I hear more and more of instances lkie I decribed and It make me so sad to see this change when one resident would verbally assault another resident in such a vulgar way. What was such a wonderful place to live is no more.. My wish is that that moron who nearly hit me, reads this post.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Less than two hours ago I was riding my bike on the very nice cart path along El Camino Real. I always ride on the right side and very close to the edge of the path. As I approached an oncoming golf cart, I could see a another golf cart approaching from the rear. This cart coming from the rear did not slow a bit as the three of us passed side by side. I would call what he did "threading the needle".. Anyway this jerk coming from the rear passed me with less than two feet to spare, I yelled MOVE OVER to which he slammed his brakes on immediately in front of me and asked what was my problem. I told him that he nearly hit me, to which he replied, "well I didn't did I "? I said to him that he should have given me more room, to which he replied, "GO F**K YOURSELF, WHY DON'T YOU F**KIN GROW UP". He drove away. Now, I have lived in the Villages for more than 15 years, and those first ten years something like this happening was unheard of. I hear more and more of instances lkie I decribed and It make me so sad to see this change when one resident would verbally assault another resident in such a vulgar way. What was such a wonderful place to live is no more.. My wish is that that moron who nearly hit me, reads this post.
I guess you cannot be sure it was a resident, either way this is one of those assh*)&^ that slipped thru the gate late at night.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Warren, I've seen some of these jerks. The one thing that makes me continue to love TV is the simple fact that the jerks are so much in the minority -- more so than anywhere else I've ever lived. For every fool you see yelling and cursing, you'll see nine people stopping to help a stranger, smile and wave at a child, just do something kind and unexpected.

Just last evening there was an electric golf cart stopped 1/4 of the way on the bridge going across 441. We could have just had them roll backwards and park on the side. Instead, 6 of us pushed the cart to the top and watched it roll home on the other side, cheering as it rolled into the driveway. The best part is the owner flagged us down and we all stopped and had a drink and chat. What a great way to meet new people and make new friends.

(Oh, and no one was complaining or honking that was stuck in the line waiting to go up the hill.)

So, don't get too downhearted. There's still a tremendous amount of good here.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Sage

Redwitch....this is why I wish we had a "like" button on TOTV!!! I'm sorry Warren, for your experience! The guy was a jerk for sure and the fact of his behaviour doesn't elevate him to acting like a grown-up! Can you imagine living with this person? Or being his child and being brought up with that kind of attitude?? I still think our community is THE VERY BEST thing since sliced bread! We're totally blessed to live here! Too bad there is a minority that has to spoil it for the rest of us...only when we encounter them....the rest of the time it's lovely here!!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post

Just last evening there was an electric golf cart stopped 1/4 of the way on the bridge going across 441. We could have just had them roll backwards and park on the side. Instead, 6 of us pushed the cart to the top and watched it roll home on the other side, cheering as it rolled into the driveway. The best part is the owner flagged us down and we all stopped and had a drink and chat. What a great way to meet new people and make new friends.

(Oh, and no one was complaining or honking that was stuck in the line waiting to go up the hill.)

So, don't get too downhearted. There's still a tremendous amount of good here.
That's exactly the spirit that makes me look forward to leaving the crowded subways, buses and city streets to join the good folks in TV! (Just waiting for the school year to end, a few more cold and snowy months!)
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:21 PM

That is terrible and unacceptable behavior...the good news is that his "road rage" stopped with an oral assault only. I remember about 3 years ago when at the gate at Bridgeport at Lake Sumter a guy got out of his golf cart and punched a woman in the face while she was sitting in her car.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Sage

Warren - the guy knew you were right and he was wrong. But his inflated self-worth prevents him saying he was sorry and instead takes it out on you. As a professor of mine used to say. 'Well, that classifies him".
Old 02-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Gold member
Smile A Big Thank You

I appreciate the supporting comments. I suppose I want morons like this guy to be like the other 99% of us. This fool had ample opportunity to avoid this situation, all he had to do was slow for a second until the approaching cart has passed and then safely pass me. You can imagine how tight it was, two golf carts and a bicycle side by side across the path, it did leave much room for my smaller bike. One thing for sure, he has a nasty mouth...
Old 02-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Location: Euclid, Ohio--Anahein California--DeLand Florida--Virginia Trace
Default 3 sides

I get entertained reading these stories. Like my friend the Judge taught me years ago, "Theres three sides to this story. Yours, His and the Truth." Let's all be happy that no one got hurt and let's all play nice together!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Gold member
Post The rest of the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyworld View Post
I get entertained reading these stories. Like my friend the Judge taught me years ago, "Theres three sides to this story. Yours, His and the Truth." Let's all be happy that no one got hurt and let's all play nice together!
I assure you the incident happened just as I described. Sadly my near miss is not all that unusual. Bring up the subject among any group and I assure you will hear many instances of almost Walking, Biking, and Golf cart accidents.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 AM

I totally believe this exactly as described because it's happened to me numerous times while I've been out running. I am shocked at the anger and vulgarity aimed at me because they may have to go around me (not really) while running. The majority of people are kind and friendly but there are still quite a few who could really benefit from some sort of anger management instruction.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Gold member

If a person was a jerk when they moved here why would they change?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 AM

Wow! some one else has seen bad behaviorhere in the Villages--we have seen these jerks more than once-Rudness We California people vary rarely see--We brought our golf cart from California "Battery powered as California does not allow gas carts"
Our cart goes around 20 miles per hour and are passed all of the time by the gas carts-We got the finger more than once while the people in a hurry, pass us and speed up to show off their speed--Once a cart passed us and almost hit a man on a bicycle--brakes screeched as the man came to a stop--red faced as we passed the cart and the bicycle --the cart never passed us again--I think a little embarassed to say the least!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:16 PM

I am sad to hear this too. I hope to live there in the not to distant future and hope that it is not full of the people I was hoping to get away from.
I know, I know, jerks are everywhere but in the past my experience there has been of nothing but great people that know how lucky they are.
EB
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by notlongnow View Post
I am sad to hear this too. I hope to live there in the not to distant future and hope that it is not full of the people I was hoping to get away from.
I know, I know, jerks are everywhere but in the past my experience there has been of nothing but great people that know how lucky they are.
EB
Nope, those idiots are few and far between here. That's why they are so noteworthy. I've been here over 6 years and my encounters with such people are infrequent and easily dismissed. I refuse to let them affect my day or attitude. They're the ones with the problem and can't transfer it to me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.