A woman in a bathing suit

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2018, 10:36 AM
Platinum member
Default A woman in a bathing suit

A woman in a bathing suit walks into Carrabba's... sounds like a joke right?

Nope. She walked into Carrabba's and then was arrested a short time later near the bar inside.

"An officer went into the restaurant and found 46-year-old Meridith Manning, who lives at 102 Costa Mesa Drive in the Village of La Zamora, leaning against the wall between the hostess area and the bar. Her eyes were watery and bloodshot and she had “the distinct odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating” from her, the report said."

Wonder if she were wearing a bikini if they would have let her in? I mean what kind of dress code do they have exactly?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post

Nope. She walked into Carrabba's and then was arrested a short time later near the bar inside.

"An officer went into the restaurant and found 46-year-old Meridith Manning, who lives at 102 Costa Mesa Drive in the Village of La Zamora, leaning against the wall between the hostess area and the bar. Her eyes were watery and bloodshot and she had “the distinct odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating” from her, the report said."

Wonder if she were wearing a bikini if they would have let her in? I mean what kind of dress code do they have exactly?

That story is so sad. What in the world would have brought someone of that age to the depths - obviously alcohol may have a lot to do with it, but also having nothing or nobody who cares enough to help.

When I think back to how I was living and looking at that age .............. I had a corporate level job, a loving husband, a couple of kids who could be a pain, a nice home and a wonderful dog. I had it all. I would be interested to know what her life story may be.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 09-18-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

I thought it was sad they wrote the sad story.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

Not my first thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
That story is so sad. What in the world would have brought someone of that age to the depths - obviously alcohol may have a lot to do with it, but also having nothing or nobody who cares enough to help.
Good question..... let's hope she get the help she may need.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:14 AM

Yes hopefully she can get help now. Way too young to look like that.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:18 AM
Veteran member

HELP is available, l hope this was her bottom and she seeks treatment.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
That story is so sad. What in the world would have brought someone of that age to the depths - obviously alcohol may have a lot to do with it, but also having nothing or nobody who cares enough to help..
I agree. Before moving here, I had never seen so many (or paid attention to) stories about elderly/alcoholic/drug addicted people. I think seeing these stories has made me more aware of and empathetic with many of these situations where there is no one to help them.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

She's "only" 46 years of age. Could she be living in TV with her parents?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I thought it was sad they wrote the sad story.
I did too. She left her car running and they found oxycodone in the car. I don't know what the answer is. Who is paying for the gas to run the car and for her day to day expenses? I wonder if she can work having this difficulty?
Old 09-18-2018, 01:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I did too. She left her car running and they found oxycodone in the car. I don't know what the answer is. Who is paying for the gas to run the car and for her day to day expenses? I wonder if she can work having this difficulty?
Inevitably more shall be revealed - and I am not addressing her (hopefully modest) bathing suit coverage or lack thereof.

Alcoholics and drug dependent people usually need to "bottom out" before they can recover via AA, NA or treatment facilities. This does not relate to their choice of attire.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-18-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:51 PM

So KIND of you to post her address!!!
Old 09-18-2018, 02:33 PM
Sage

Her address was published in the news article and is public knowledge as are the addresses of those arrestees who have them.

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-18-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:41 PM
Platinum member
Default Ouch

Quote:

I've seen worse full length yoga outfits on very plus size ladies at walmart and wondered why they dress that way. Feel sorry about the substance abuse problem if alcohol and drugs, deadly combination.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I agree. Before moving here, I had never seen so many (or paid attention to) stories about elderly/alcoholic/drug addicted people. I think seeing these stories has made me more aware of and empathetic with many of these situations where there is no one to help them.
Just remember they have to hit their bottom and want help. This has been the hardest part of dealing with my Dad. Accepting that only when he wants help them it can work. I can't do it for him or make him stop. His alcohol in has led to dementia so now assisted living.

Bottom line there may be help but if she won't take it there is nothing to be done.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Im so sick of hearing about these drug-addled or alcohic children being enabled by their parents.
Closed Thread

Tags
bar, suit, bathing, carrabbas, woman

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.