Woman's dead body found

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgunvs View Post
I love a good mystery. Never missed a CSI. I feel terrible for the poor lady. Does anyone know how old she was or where on her body was she shot? Please keep us updated on this. Want to bet that someone has blood in their golf cart?
My God, how utterly insensitive! I am disgusted by your comment. I hope the woman can find peace now.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgunvs View Post
I love a good mystery. Never missed a CSI. I feel terrible for the poor lady. Does anyone know how old she was or where on her body was she shot? Please keep us updated on this. Want to bet that someone has blood in their golf cart?
I have seen some mean and insensitive comments on TOTV but nothing to equal this one. For shame!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

As many of you know, I have Asperger's Syndrome (high-functioning autism). That means I have a wonderful tendency to put my foot in my mouth on a very regular basis since I will blurt out the first thing I think regardless of the pain it might cause another. Even at my worst, I would never make (or even think of) some of the comments I've seen in this thread. Some of you judged and condemned without facts (maybe the woman who had died in the train accident got distracted for one second, her foot slipped, she had a foot cramp, she had a seizure or a stroke or .... -- who knows); you made jokes about someone dying.

Imagine being only 64 years of age and feeling life is so meaningless there is nothing left. How much pain this poor woman must have been in. Imagine the pain her family and friends are feeling right now.

Imagine you're the husband or children of the woman who died in an accident. Their pain is incredible.

This is not the people of The Villages I've come to admire and, yes, love. Shame on those of you who made these comments.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Platinum member

I was shocked by the original comment stating that a body had been found on a golf course......however, I was even more shocked at the insensitive postings that followed. very sad.....
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I was a pall bearer for my best friend ,as close to me as my brother, whom at the age of 34 committed suicide. My initial thought was that he had other choices and that this was a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

This poor woman obviouly believed there was no other choice. God rest her soul and may He provide for them comfort, understanding ,acceptances and closure for those she left behind.

There are a number of reasons vehicles and trains collide. Too often it is because a vehicle tries to beat the gates before they are lowered or because they like to play chicken. It appears since this was the wife of a law enforcement officer that the likely reason was inattention. God rest her soul and may He proivde for them the comfort undertstanding and closure this family will need.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Eternal Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
This is not the people of The Villages I've come to admire and, yes, love. Shame on those of you who made these comments.
......That things have changed quite a bit since we began posting in the newly-formed TOTV in 2007.
Perhaps it is the sign of the times, rapidly increasing population????

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
You are right. I debated whether or not to make the original post. I let the sensational, thrill seeking, nosey part of me come out. But you are absolutely correct. I feel like a heel. God bless her family and others whose lives were touched by this.
I do not see any of those things in your post and because I know you, that wouldn't be possible. You reported what you knew of sad and tragic news that happened in our small town.

You are a good person BK.

I feel sad for her family and I am sure, so does everyone. Sometimes typed words sound insensitive. She was one of us and she has gone. God rest her soul.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

May she find the peace she didn't have on this earth. There but for the grace of God go any one of us.

BK you were reporting an incident that happened in your own backyard; the fact that it turned out to be a suicide had nothing to do with your reporting.
Rest easy.....
Old 03-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
May she find the peace she didn't have on this earth. There but for the grace of God go any one of us.

BK you were reporting an incident that happened in your own backyard; the fact that it turned out to be a suicide had nothing to do with your reporting.
Rest easy.....
Very well said.......

Old 03-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post

Rest easy.....
I agree....

And may she....finally...RIP.

Very sad.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Default Woman found at OB Golf Course

Yes this is a very sad incident..but..doesn't anyone think it's odd that 5 hrs after body found, that everything was cleared and ready for business? I live in OBG and its kinda scarry, usually there is yellow tape and lots of inquires...Is GOLF that great??
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiO View Post
Yes this is a very sad incident..but..doesn't anyone think it's odd that 5 hrs after body found, that everything was cleared and ready for business? I live in OBG and its kinda scarry, usually there is yellow tape and lots of inquires...Is GOLF that great??
No, I don't think it's odd. The woman's body was removed. It was determined that she took her own life. I'm sure that conclusion was supported by evidence at the scene. Once it was determined that foul play was not involved in this instance, things should be back to what is normal for the area.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
You are right. I debated whether or not to make the original post. I let the sensational, thrill seeking, nosey part of me come out. But you are absolutely correct. I feel like a heel. God bless her family and others whose lives were touched by this.
bk, my post was not in response to anything that you wrote. It was partially in response to some other posts which I found in bad taste, and partially as a hopeful plea that future postings would be respectful. You have nothing to be sorry for.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.