A word on doggy doors

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
Posing this question to anyone with a doggy door AND a CYV. Has anyone had ANYTHING come into their house unexpectedly, such as a snake, racoon, possum, alligator, etc. from the doggy door? The reason we bought the CYV and a home style we aren't all that in love with is because we wanted the fence and a doggy door. Would love to hear from anyone with a doggy door and CYV and your experiences.
We do not have a CYV or a doggie door but saw a doggie door on a website yesterday that was operated by magnetic switch to open and close. The magnet attaches to the dog's collar and it can be set to open at various distances such as 3 feet. This may help in your case.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljones190 View Post
We do not have a CYV or a doggie door but saw a doggie door on a website yesterday that was operated by magnetic switch to open and close. The magnet attaches to the dog's collar and it can be set to open at various distances such as 3 feet. This may help in your case.
Thanks, it certainly is a thought. Usually I don't like to keep a collar on my dogs for fear that they will get it caught on something and could possibly choke themselves (I know there are two schools of thoughts on wearing collars when not attended) but that may be the only possible solution if I start hearing from people that critters are finding their way into my home uninvited.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.