Workers parking in front of our driveway

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2017, 11:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts
Default Workers parking in front of our driveway

We live in Osceola Hills and there is a lot of construction around our house. Sometimes the workers park their trucks in front of our house and block our entire driveway. Since there are a number of houses under construction, it is hard for us to find the operator of the truck and ask them to move their truck.

We have called the Warranty Office a number of times and complained but they have been unable to stop the workers from totally blocking our driveway. We last talked with the manager of the Warranty Office and asked him the name of his supervisor, but he would not tell us.

Do any of you know who we should to call to get workers to not park in front of our driveway?

Believe it or not, the manager said we should call the police when our driveway is blocked. We think the police have more important things to be concerned with.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:10 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

I would agree that IF they are blocking your driveway they can be ticketed by the county. Maybe they'll just give them a warning but I would call them. You might also try a temporary "NO PARKING" sign until construction is completed, or put a note on their window as they might not know that your home is occupied.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We live in Osceola Hills and there is a lot of construction around our house. Sometimes the workers park their trucks in front of our house and block our entire driveway. Since there are a number of houses under construction, it is hard for us to find the operator of the truck and ask them to move their truck.

We have called the Warranty Office a number of times and complained but they have been unable to stop the workers from totally blocking our driveway. We last talked with the manager of the Warranty Office and asked him the name of his supervisor, but he would not tell us.

Do any of you know who we should to call to get workers to not park in front of our driveway?

Believe it or not, the manager said we should call the police when our driveway is blocked. We think the police have more important things to be concerned with.
Try Villages Watch or Community Watch or whoever those fellows are that drive around in the white trucks.

Or put a note on the truck reminding them you have a cousin Vinnie.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,621 Times in 1,764 Posts

What if you needed to get out for an appointment or heaven forbid a medical emergency?

Perhaps if you call the police they will be towed. That should get their attention.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
What if you needed to get out for an appointment or heaven forbid a medical emergency?

Perhaps if you call the police they will be towed. That should get their attention.

I concur. If one of them gets towed or a ticket all will learn a lesson. But first I would call the owner and tell them your plan if it continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-28-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
This made me laugh. We recently had construction done on our home and one of my neighbors called the Sumter County Sheriff's Office 25 times to complain about the construction trucks. The trucks were never blocking any driveways or streets. I felt so sorry for the officers that had to respond. After a while we were on a first name basis!
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Sage

Most likely they don't realize that your house is occupied. You may need to put up a sign that indicates that you are living there.

Quote:

Old 06-28-2017, 12:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Most likely they don't realize that your house is occupied. You may need to put up a sign that indicates that you are living there.
We have a sign in front of our house with our names on it. People who can read know that the house is occupied.

I am glad that several of you think it is reasonable for us to call the police.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,621 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
We have a sign in front of our house with our names on it. People who can read know that the house is occupied.

And, you do not want to run afoul of the rules and regulations of The Villages by posting an out-of-compliance sign in your yard; not that some would pay any attention to it anyway.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-28-2017, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Put some orange cones out. The workers and The Villages will think the construction company put them there.

Last edited by SFSkol; 06-28-2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: post under reconstruction
Old 06-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:

Since your driveway is blocked , you cannot leave. So, when they come to get their truck why not discuss the parking problem with them? Then,,,,if it continues to happen call the sheriff.

Just wondering how many times has this happened? Soon their efforts will be done and they will move on.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Had a similar incident happen this past winter when the house next to us was under construction. When I went out to complain,I got shrugged shoulders and they played the "No habla Inglese" card. So I switched to Spanish. Truck gone in less than a minute.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Just wondering how many times has this happened?
About 12 times in the last few weeks.

There are about 6 houses under construction in our cul-de-sac so I never know which house has the workers who drove the truck blocking our driveway. I go from house to house yelling for someone to move their truck and eventually I find the right person.

The Warranty Office has been no help. If it happens tomorrow, we will take your suggestion and call the police.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
About 12 times in the last few weeks.

There are about 6 houses under construction in our cul-de-sac so I never know which house has the workers who drove the truck blocking our driveway. I go from house to house yelling for someone to move their truck and eventually I find the right person.

The Warranty Office has been no help. If it happens tomorrow, we will take your suggestion and call the police.
Why warranty and not Community Watch?
Old 06-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Sage

Construction vehicles TOTALLY BLOCKING your driveway? That's a call to the police...no doubt!!
Closed Thread

Tags
driveway, workers, front, truck, manager

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.