Worst company ever!

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2022, 02:42 PM

I certainly don’t want to be dragged into a dispute on how to handle this situation. I can just share my current personal situation with this company. It is not pleasant having your home demolished and then having your contractor fail in his responsibilities.

In my contract with K&B there is a prevailing party attorney fee provision written in favor of the contractor. Under Florida law, that provision becomes reciprocal. So if I prevail (in my case, the attorney is confident I will - that’s why he took me on as a client) I will recover fees and costs.

I suggest you tell your friend to educate herself with a no cost conversation with an attorney.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,191 Times in 761 Posts

If a contractor asks for money in advance, I move on to another contractor. Never would I pay anything up front.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Why do people hire contractors that want money up front, a 25-30% of total job should be the very maximum security deposit required and then check the contractors references. Going for the “cheap” job can turn out bad.
Check references FIRST, before you invite them to your home.
Then you can decide if you want to hire them and leave a small deposit.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Contact BBB and issue a complaint. Next, need to contact lawyer. May give crime against seniors a call. Not sure if they will be any help. Post on social media.
Sorry to hear of her troubles, but thanks for the heads up on this scam operation.
Need to hear the rest of the story
Old 01-27-2022, 07:15 AM
Default Rip-offs' The Village's 3 references a must

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemarySoso View Post
A good friend is going thru hell thanks to KITCHEN AND BATH STUDIOS OF OCALA. Her job was supposed to be done but she sits with a shower that was gutted and that’s it. People are supposed to show up— they don’t. No calls! She has paid them over $6,000. They won’t continue until she forks over the balance. In my opinion, they are exploiting a single woman. Not nice.
Also, file a complaint with the Attorney General's office. They can pull their license to do business.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:44 AM

I feel your pain as we recently had a similar experience with KB Studios. We will not use them again and can't recommend them. We were without the use of our master bath for 26 days. This was not due to supply chain issues, but plain and simple screw ups. They made the shower base in the incorrect color and had to recast it. They “lost” our original slab of quartz and had to go looking for another one. After 26 days when they finally delivered the vanity top and sinks, the top had a straight edge, not the beveled edge specified in the contract. At that point, we were so frustrated that we didn’t even care! Just install it and get the hell out. Oh! They also “forgot” to bring the vanity top & sink for the guest bath when they delivered the master bath top. After blowing off the rescheduled date, they finally returned and, lo and behold, they installed a rectangle sink, not the oval one we requested.
One of the subs told us that the owner was very ill. For his sake, I hope that he recovers quickly otherwise there won’t be a company to come back to if this how they are now doing business.
Old 01-30-2022, 06:25 PM
Default Great company

We used Paul (owner of company) to remodel 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, laundry room and lanai in 2018. This work was a complete demo and install including flooring, cabinets, countertops, sinks, showers, etc. The contract detailed the work requirements, the scope of work for each area, what was being demolished, purchased and installed. There was a complete payment schedule with milestones. As I recall, there was a milestone payment due when demolition was complete. I spent a lot of time with Paul and his staff, so I suspect that there is something more to this story than what has been presented. Many of my neighbors also used Paul for major renovations both before and after our job and I never heard any complaints of this nature. I researched multiple contractors before I signed with Paul, because he was simply outstanding compared to others.
Closed Thread

Tags
supposed, paid, calls, don’t, up—

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.