Worst Post office ???

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Default Worst Post office ???

I'm telling you...i called fruitland park to find out who handles our mail here in sanibel. I was told to the villages post office and was given the phone number....busy it seemed forever. Finally got it to ring and I let it ring about 30 times. No one answered and it was during business hours? Trying to find out why I'm not getting forwarded mail...considering my new box is just around the corner from my old box and its been 5 days????

Anyone know how to get a human to answer a question. I think this has officially become the worse experience with a postal office thus far.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:53 PM

The USPS has a web site that is very good for things such as that. It's a more economical way of doing business.......

Starting and stopping mail is a pice of cake and has always worked for me.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
I'm telling you...i called fruitland park to find out who handles our mail here in sanibel. I was told to the villages post office and was given the phone number....busy it seemed forever. Finally got it to ring and I let it ring about 30 times. No one answered and it was during business hours? Trying to find out why I'm not getting forwarded mail...considering my new box is just around the corner from my old box and its been 5 days????

Anyone know how to get a human to answer a question. I think this has officially become the worse experience with a postal office thus far.
Try going to the your mail station when the contractor is there stuffing boxes. He/she can probably point you in right direction. I did not even know there was such an animal as a "villages post office".
Old 10-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Sage

I found out from Fruitland Park P.O. that some mail delivery matters are best handled by leaving a note in your box to the mailroom people at our pool-postal complex. (For example, if doing a Mail Hold card for while you're out of town, TV mail people at our pool/postal station hold it THERE, not at the post office, because so many TV residents come and go often. Basically they'll put the accumulated mail in one of the bigger lockers at your postal center and leave the locker key in your mailbox.)

For getting your mail once you've moved within TV, put a note in your new mailbox telling the workers that your mail must be still going to your old mailbox in TV. The workers at your pool/postal station will contact each other if your previous one was a different station, or if they themselves need to get it right.

For officially changing your address after a move, this at USPS website works great....it goes system-wide:

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/ic...execution=e1s1
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.