Wow! Less than $470 K

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2018, 08:02 PM
Question Wow! Less than $470 K

I (we) have been looking at homes in The Villages (TV) for a few months now. We have seen so GORGEOUS homes for sale and I have wanted quite a few, however we will not buy remote and my smarter (and much prettier half) is keeping my eyes open to the new homes in Fenny.

Well, today my search cam across a home in Fenny that has a 3 car garage, pool, extended outdoor living .. all our wants... for $470,000. This one is VNH#12F0120, located on 5731 Sweet Bay Trail. I don’t know how to attach a link - sorry, you will need to search to see the 11 photos shown.

I have seen other pre-owned homeslike this with asking prices of more than $800,000 (but with smaller garages but probably a better view).

This house is new (with all new things like appliances thru new roof and more modern building materials) but the orders have things like window coverings and some come turn-key.

I can appreciate all that have been invested in these existing homes, but what drives nearly 2X price!?

Help me to understand what I can not see from a distance.
Thank you!!!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

The house has no view. A lot with a view will cost $100K to $150K more. Also, new houses tend to be much less expensive than preowned houses. In my opinion, the new houses are a better deal. You really need to be careful if you decide to buy a preowned house. And, remember that the real estate agent works for the seller, not the buyer. I viewed a preowned house last week that was priced at $215,000 (52 percent) above what the seller had paid for the house new just 18 months ago, with no upgrades. Way overpriced.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:57 PM

Good location right around the corner from Fenney Rec center. Corner lot; the way they did the pool gives you some privacy. That probably drove the price up a bit.

Nice looking house.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I (we) have been looking at homes in The Villages (TV) for a few months now. We have seen so GORGEOUS homes for sale and I have wanted quite a few, however we will not buy remote and my smarter (and much prettier half) is keeping my eyes open to the new homes in Fenny.

Well, today my search cam across a home in Fenny that has a 3 car garage, pool, extended outdoor living .. all our wants... for $470,000. This one is VNH#12F0120, located on 5731 Sweet Bay Trail. I don’t know how to attach a link - sorry, you will need to search to see the 11 photos shown.

I have seen other pre-owned homeslike this with asking prices of more than $800,000 (but with smaller garages but probably a better view).

This house is new (with all new things like appliances thru new roof and more modern building materials) but the orders have things like window coverings and some come turn-key.

I can appreciate all that have been invested in these existing homes, but what drives nearly 2X price!?

Thank you!!!
I have never seen a Gardenia model for more than $800,000. Where did you see one? Most of the houses I have seen in that price range are gorgeous Premier homes, usually 3000 square feet or larger, with huge pools, kitchens in the lanai, located in prestigious areas. The Gardenia model which you are referencing is fairly priced but I don't see that it is a fabulous deal. That's my opinion. If this house meets all your criteria, and you like the Fenney location, then you should be very happy with it. Good luck!
Old 07-15-2018, 10:36 PM

The houses I have seen in the upper costs referenced are the Lantana model, which is between 2,000 and 2,100 SF.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:

Thank you!!!
Hi, Tom
I, too, have been watching that home on Sweet Bay Trail and think it's a great deal. It has quartz countertops, farm sink, double oven, gas range, pool with privacy walls and double access to lanai. What's not to love!! If it were across the street, you would be paying closer to $500K for a view of the Reader Preserve. You're close to Fenny Rec Center, Family walk-in pool, walking trail and Red Fox/Gray Fox Executive golf courses. The only caution is that you may not be able to rent out homes in that location, but check with TV. We had looked at lots on Sweet Bay Trail and passed on one since we would never be able to rent it out. The only other objective I have is the stone veneer on the front, but just not my taste. I tell hubby I know I can't have everything I want, but this house meets most everything! We aren't ready to move just yet, so someone should snap up that house!
Old 07-16-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
The houses I have seen in the upper costs referenced are the Lantana model, which is between 2,000 and 2,100 SF.
Please let us know which Lantana model you saw that cost $800,000 or more. I'd love to check it out.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:26 PM
TOTV Moderator

Time to get back on topic....

Old 07-16-2018, 06:27 PM

Like anything with a view it cost.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:54 PM

It is a nice looking house and pool. Not a super deal considering the only way to go from the pool to a bathroom is to fully cross the living / dining room areas. Not sure I'd want to be wiping up after guests all the time there. Also, the kitchen is small and we needed more closet space, especially a linen closet. Looks good, but not what I wanted to live in so we're building a new one in Desoto.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:57 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

ten years ago Gardenias and Lantanas were king, not so much anymore.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

After a lifetime of owning bigger and more beautiful homes, we came to the conclusion that since we're FROGs and have made our last move...a location to easily enjoy the plethora of amenities was most important this time.

If someone's priority is the inanimate house they live in, then I can see why... they might be attracted to Fenney.

Personally though, I much prefer to live in the current 'heart of The Villages' and all it offers NOW...rather than waiting.

To each their own though.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

I am somewhat surprised at $400k+ homes don't have more than two baths. A pool home should have a pool bath, period. A lot of 3000+ sq' premier homes have two baths. I don't get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
It is a nice looking house and pool. Not a super deal considering the only way to go from the pool to a bathroom is to fully cross the living / dining room areas. Not sure I'd want to be wiping up after guests all the time there. Also, the kitchen is small and we needed more closet space, especially a linen closet. Looks good, but not what I wanted to live in so we're building a new one in Desoto.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2018, 12:51 AM

VintageOgauge - you have mentioned that the Lantana is not so popular. What has taken its place as desirable floor Plan?

PS- O gauge is so much easier to work than HO, but the cost keeps most people with HO... much easier in that it is easier to see!
Old 07-17-2018, 07:20 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

There are several models based on the Lantana such as the Mossy Oak and Ivy however the Indigo with 3 baths and the Iris seem to every popular. Now thy have cone out with a bunch of new names and I have no idea what they are, Very few Gardenias or Lantanas down here.

PS Vintage O gauge is very affordable
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, fenny, search, things, appliances

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.