WVLG 640am What do you think of it now

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Unhappy WVLG 640am What do you think of it now

I feel after years of listening that the station music is not as good as it was and there are some bad sounding djs on the station recently
what do you think? I know a bunch of people who no longer listen
Old 08-17-2015, 09:06 PM

I think what we are seeing with the shift toward a little bit newer music reflects the expanding population of The Villages. Obviously when the station first started, the "oldies" to the folks retiring then were much older. As the years go by, "oldies" get newer and newer as new generations of retired folks move here

They have to appeal to a much larger audience. So I'm not surprised by the broader mix of music these days.

As far as the DJs go, I don't mind them. Miss hearing Rob Newton, but that's OK.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:21 PM

Kathleen Kane has a smooth radio personality and Carol Wiltman always waves when we go past the station. In general I think "circletrack" has nailed it.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 PM

I stopped listening because most of the time is spent promoting The Villages and local businesses. Daytime has too much advertising and too little music to be worth my time. I listen to my favorite Columbus station on I Heart Radio or Sirius stations.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Gold member

If you miss that kind of music try 99.7 FM out of Ocala. They have commercials but mainly just good music 24/7
Old 08-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

I really like a hometown AM station. It reminds me of growing up in the country with our local stations. One of the many great things about TVs! I wouldn't change a thing they do.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:51 AM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
If you miss that kind of music try 99.7 FM out of Ocala. They have commercials but mainly just good music 24/7
Totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:31 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutman View Post
I feel after years of listening that the station music is not as good as it was and there are some bad sounding djs on the station recently
what do you think? I know a bunch of people who no longer listen
I know a bunch of people that do...Listen.... I enjoy having the station on at the pool, and on weather station. Radios have dials, buttons, etc. If you do not like the music or DJ's, change the station to something more of your liking!!!!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I know a bunch of people that do...Listen.... I enjoy having the station on at the pool, and on weather station. Radios have dials, buttons, etc. If you do not like the music or DJ's, change the station to something more of your liking!!!!
Enjoy it as well. Don't listen full time, but I also change the TV channel. Would like it if they would stream their station.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I like it...but I wish there was FM sound quality; the same station, but better fidelity.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

The music played has definitely changed. Hardly hear Bill Haley and the Comets anymore. I wish that it were also streamed . You could then tune it in anywhere ( I use Tunein Radio).
Old 08-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I like it...but I wish there was FM sound quality; the same station, but better fidelity.

AM sucks especially in a golf cart.
Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 08-18-2015, 10:09 AM

I find the station extremely boring. Nothing but bland computer generated music and endless commercials for houses in the Villages. For good local radio with a huge variety of oldies, try 790 AM out of Leesburg. They take listener requests and will play literally anything you can think of. They also have some unusual programming in the daytime. Only thing lacking is sound quality, but you can stream it. You can even find Rob Newton there.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Platinum member

I love the newer music and I miss Rob Newton. I love Rick Mitchell and his background knowledge of the musicians and songs that he plays. I am not enjoying the female DJ that follows him and find that her voice is a downer with no inflection, monotone.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I really like a hometown AM station. It reminds me of growing up in the country with our local stations. One of the many great things about TVs! I wouldn't change a thing they do.
I really like listening to it. My only wish is that they would stream it over the internet to listen to while playing golf or exercising.
Closed Thread

Tags
station, recently, bad, sounding, djs, people, longer, listen, bunch, years, listening, feel, 640am, music, good, wvlg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.